PDA

View Full Version : Trial Cult of Slaanesh, 2250

druchii
13-03-2007, 05:08
Hey guys,
you might have seen a post from me a few weeks go about a Daemonic legion, well, knowing I want to do SOMETHING with daemons, I've moved on to a Cult of Slaanesh list. I'm looking for a second army now, and I'm really looking for one that's a bit different than my mounted Bretonnian army.

I've throwin in magic, shooting, and infantry units so I don't feel like I'm playing "Bretonnians with pointy ears and sexy clothing".

Here's the list:

Druchii Anointed
Lance, enchanted shield, soporiphic musk, steed of slaanesh, level 2(slaanesh magic)

Sorceress, level 2, dispel scroll, seal of ghrond(dark magic)

Sorceress, level 2, dispel scroll(dark magic)

Sorceress, level 2, dispel scroll, darkstar cloak, mark of slaanesh (general, slaanesh magic)

CORE:
12 warriors
Shields, repeater crossbows, musician

12 warriors
shields, repeater crossbows, musician

12 Devoted of slaanesh
champion

SPECIAL:
6 Cold one Knights
Full command, rapturous standard

5 dark riders
musician

5 dark riders
musician

6 mounted daemonettes

RARE:
Reaper bolt thrower

Reaper bolt thrower

And there you have it.
I'm terribly worried that the list is too small. The past couple of test games I've had with it have shown me how incredible those M10 daemonettes are. having such manuverability really makes them a huge throne in my opponents side, and with them I've set up some incredible charges.

The rest of the list I'm only so-so on. The Anointed is my absolute favorite model in the list, so he, the daemonettes, and the cold one knights will stay, but I'm concerned with the low models count.

I've tried to keep the list balanced, giving me almost equal opportunity to participate in all the phases of the game(movement, combat, magic, and shooting) and I really like the combination of the Lores of Slaanesh and Dark magic. In one game, I even had the chance to stop three of my opponents units' from moving!

I want to know what you guys think!
Thanks!
d

Rathstar
15-03-2007, 00:46
Hi,

Looks like a very fast and magic heavy list. It's small, but should be fun.

I'm surprised you haven't use the popular great weapon with quickening blood on the anointed, it's much better than a lance. Maybe it's because you'll only get +1 str from the great weapon as you're mounted, but you could always combine the quickening blood with a magic weapon (eg. crimson death or draich of dark power).

I'm also surprised you haven't used furies. They are excellent for taking out war machines and lone characters, and are much more reliable than harpies.

I'm worried about the manoeuvrability of your sorceress',as they are all on foot. Maybe put atleast one on a dark steed, she still would be able to join an infrantry unit and not be picked out, but she could move away faster in case of danger.

It'll be hard to find the pts for all I suggested, but I think reducing the magic may be the key. Are 3 scrolls necessary when you have 7 dispel dice ? Is the 11th power dice really proving it's worth. Going down from 11 power dice, 7 dispel dice and 3 scrolls to 10 power dice, 6 dispel dice and 2 scrolls would save 75 pts.

Rathstar

druchii
15-03-2007, 04:06
Hi,

Looks like a very fast and magic heavy list. It's small, but should be fun.

I'm surprised you haven't use the popular great weapon with quickening blood on the anointed, it's much better than a lance. Maybe it's because you'll only get +1 str from the great weapon as you're mounted, but you could always combine the quickening blood with a magic weapon (eg. crimson death or draich of dark power).

I'm also surprised you haven't used furies. They are excellent for taking out war machines and lone characters, and are much more reliable than harpies.

I'm worried about the manoeuvrability of your sorceress',as they are all on foot. Maybe put atleast one on a dark steed, she still would be able to join an infrantry unit and not be picked out, but she could move away faster in case of danger.

It'll be hard to find the pts for all I suggested, but I think reducing the magic may be the key. Are 3 scrolls necessary when you have 7 dispel dice ? Is the 11th power dice really proving it's worth. Going down from 11 power dice, 7 dispel dice and 3 scrolls to 10 power dice, 6 dispel dice and 2 scrolls would save 75 pts.

Rathstar

Those are some really good points.

In fact, I've written a semi-revised list. In the few games I've played with the above list, people have commented on how over the top the magic phase is. That's no fun, so I dropped a sorc and a few other things.

I've also opted for a different sort of layout on the Anointed (while quickening blood is decent, the anointed should NEVER be charged, he's got awesome manuverability and a 20" charge range! and S7 just allows him to destroy knight units that he charges in the flanks).

I've also dropped the repeater crossbow on the warriors, and a single unit of dark riders. In return, I've beefed up the devoted (to 18) and goten a brand new block of 18 spear elves.

These guys will form a solid core, while the two blocks of 12 warriors form screening lines that will either get run down(for 100 points, they're fairly cheap, atleast dark elf style) or flee(and rally on a 9) and allow the devoted/spear elves to countercharge.
Here's the new list:

Druchii Anointed
Lance, shield, level 2, wand of kharaidon, aura of slaanesh, steed of slaanesh
-He's my mobile missile base! he's also quite threatening in the combat phase, where he'll flank charge things that scare me: Knights, chariots, etc.

Sorceress
level 2, mark of slaanesh, dispel scroll, darkstar cloak
-the general

Sorceress
level 2, scroll, seal of ghrond
-she's here for protection and various dark magic goodies

12 dark elf warriors
spears, shields, musician

12 dark elf warriors
spears, shields, musician
-Good, cheap(for dark elves!) bait units that can flee, rally on awesome Ld, and hopefully charge something in the flank. If nothing else they help me flesh out the army and get more bodies on the table.

18 Devoted of Slaanesh
champion
-eek. They get screened by warriors

18 dark elf warriors
full command, spears, shields, mark of slaanesh
-they're the other unit that I'll use to try and smack things around with. the MoS helps with panic tests as the 12 man units will most likely flee right through them, or diagonally through them.

6 Cold one knights
full command, rapturous standard
-duh :D

6 dark riders
musician
-duh!

6 mounted daemonettes
-duh!

Reaper bolt thrower
mark of slaanesh

Reaper bolt thrower
mark of slaanesh