PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves in VC, what Ogre rules to use?

spikedog
13-03-2007, 10:22
I'm not really sure if this belongs in this forum or not but if I have it wrong then could a mod please move it for me.

Anyway I'm thinking of adding some Werewolves to my VC army and was wondering what would be the best unit rules to use them as. I'm thinking of something from the Ogre Kingdoms book, either Bulls or Maneaters.

Bulls as they are pretty cheap and not too armoured or Maneaters as they have stubborn or unbreakable I think and that would fit with the undead theme.

However I'm not 100% about the "Dogs of War" rules that these units have. If I take them as Bulls are they a rare unit or Special, same with the Maneaters?

So what do people think, what's the best rules for them and what slots will they use in my army?

Zzarchov
13-03-2007, 10:42
Dire Wolves is what I'd go with. Werewolves are usually man sized, unless your not going for the tradional werewolf vampire thing and are going for the modern 12 foot tall Vampire enemy you see everywhere lately. Shame they wouldn't let you use trolls as those rules would fit perfectly.

I'd go bulls, werewolves are gonna be unruly and hard to keep control of.

scatterlaser
13-03-2007, 11:00
Maneaters with Cathayan Longswords would work pretty well. Decent-to-good Weapon Skill, Strength and Initiative represents the nasty claws and bite, and since they're Stubborn they should be able to savage things for at least a few turns before running off, even from the front.

Revlid
13-03-2007, 17:53
Maneaters with Cathayan Longswords (2 Rare choices, though...)
or Bulls with Ogre Clubs/Additional Handweapons.

callum in hat
13-03-2007, 18:43
yhetee's would be my choice, fast and hard hitting
just my two cents

10th clancannach rangers
14-03-2007, 10:42
Are yhetee's Dogs of War units?
I would go with maneaters, you're going to want 1 or 2 really good models for werewolves, not a big unit.

druchii
14-03-2007, 15:01
Are yhetee's Dogs of War units?
I would go with maneaters, you're going to want 1 or 2 really good models for werewolves, not a big unit.

Unfortunately not. Otherwise they'd be perfect (doesn't Avian use werewolves as Yhets?) If you're looking to ditch all your rare choices, dowhat people have said, and grab maneaters (two or three obviously at max) with longswords.

If you're looking for a cheap investment, grab ogres with ironfists. With the slight difference in points, AHWs> Ironfist.

d