PDA

View Full Version : DA or not DA: New Codex

Het Masteen
13-03-2007, 12:38
This may not be the correct forum to post this thread. If not, I apologise and I fully expect it to be moved. My query is this. After looking at the new DA codex, can any homegrown army use the codex and the DA characters, even if they're not a listed successor chapter? A GW guy in Belfast told me I can pick Sammael on the jetbike and use him in an other army using only the DA codex once I give him a different name? Like Bob or Frank or Whatever? I like the codex and would definitely use it but I have a separate colour scheme and chapter badge for my army.

VetSgtNamaan
13-03-2007, 12:54
Yes it states in the codex itself that all dark angel successor chapters(even player created ones) can use the Dark Angel rules and the special characters renamed to what ever you like.

CaptainSenioris
13-03-2007, 12:59
Yeah you can, I fully plan to do a Disciples of Caliban army, I'm currently converting Sammael's jetbike for them, but I know Catferret, someone else on the forums is doing a brotherhood of steel army, a chapter of his own creation, using the DA rules. You should check out his project log in the Painting section.

Jan Polder
13-03-2007, 13:13
You Can always use you're army 'count as'. Except painting them in a clear known chapter and say they are something else. IE. Ultramarine blue Space Marines counting as Dark Angels.

Cheers

Max

Odin
13-03-2007, 13:28
Yeah you can, I fully plan to do a Desiples of Caliban army

I'd learn how to spell the name before you go painting it on any banners or vehicles. ;)

Het Masteen
13-03-2007, 13:30
Thanks Guys,
That clears that up. It's just I remember lusting after the Baal-class predator and being told it was Blood Angels only. it seems a contradiction now that there's only supposed to be one Jetbike and yet almost anyone can have one.

marv335
13-03-2007, 13:41
you can do it, but using the jetbike is in poor taste. as you say, there is only one of them.
use the pimped out landspeeder instead. what's not to love about a flying land raider?
:D

CaptainSenioris
13-03-2007, 13:46
I'd learn how to spell the name before you go painting it on any banners or vehicles. ;)

Cheers:o not a word that I often use.

That could've been an important mistake.

@marv335: It says in the boxout on the MotR about his Jetbike that the successor chapters 2nd co masters also use Jetbikes, so it's not the last one just one of a few remaining ones.