PDA

View Full Version : How big is Mengil's sword?

gorenut
26-07-2005, 09:20
I need this info for a conversion I'm working on. I want to model my Malus figure to being wielding a greatsword with 2 hands. In comparison to his default sword and perhaps an executioner's sword.. how big is it? Thanks for anyone who can provide me with this info.

Falcon
26-07-2005, 11:45
It's not the size, it's how well he uses it! ;-D

gorenut
26-07-2005, 13:04
It's not the size, it's how well he uses it! ;-D

For some reason.. I knew an answer like this was coming.. haha.

Yanos
26-07-2005, 13:27
Mengil's blade is fairly large as these things go, and would make a good great weapon/draich were it not for the fact that the grip is overly short for a weapon of that size! DElf blades must be pretty lightweight for something of that size to balance well with so short a handle!

You may be better off with one of the Executioner blades, providing you can position the arms to hold it. They also look groovier than Mengil's over-large scimitar thingy :D .

Zeb
26-07-2005, 13:29
Executioner Sword; Mengils Sword, about the same size... The Executioner Champ. sword is thicker and wider. But if you just model a longer hanle it would look great.

Good Luck!

Eversor
26-07-2005, 13:30
:chrome: I don't have any of the "normal" Dark Elf miniatures to compare with, but Mengil's sword is huge. Definitely large enough for a great weapon.

Falcon
26-07-2005, 13:41
For some reason.. I knew an answer like this was coming.. haha.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist it. In any case, here's a pic for comparisson.
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/gaming/dogsofwar/images/mengil.gif

The sword is about the same size as Mengil himself.

(Now that's impressive ...oh here I go again ;) )

gorenut
26-07-2005, 17:46
Well, I already have a very long handle modeled.. I just need a blade. I'll probably use this blade to give it a more unique feel. I'll cut it starting from the hilt down. Thanks for the replies guys.

Lady Bastet
26-07-2005, 20:38
Extending the hilt can be quite easy actually if your willing to replace the existing one it can look flawless.

Make sure you use his face for something, the expression is priceless "meeeh mines bigger than yours"

Neknoh
26-07-2005, 21:09
As a slight sidenote on Mengils Sword... don't you guys think he looks a lo like the artwork for Tularis?

Just scroll down to the bottom and have a look at the pic of Mengil and the drawn pic beside him (http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/)

gorenut
29-07-2005, 00:36
One more question for those who have the models...

Is Mengil's sword bigger or the Manflayers'? I noticed they had different swords.. Mengil's looks closer to an Executioner's Draich. Please.. no more underhanded jokes.. especially on comparing sizes, etc. haha.

Frodo34x
29-07-2005, 09:40
Mengil's sword appears to be the biggest.

Tastyfish
29-07-2005, 13:41
As a slight sidenote on Mengils Sword... don't you guys think he looks a lo like the artwork for Tularis?

Just scroll down to the bottom and have a look at the pic of Mengil and the drawn pic beside him (http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/)
That's Kouran, ex-captain of the Black Guard, not Tullaris

Neknoh
29-07-2005, 16:26
Oh, my bad, must have thought of the studios Tularis conversion when I looked at the pic... strange though, Tularis has a sword in the convertion and Kouran has a hallberd/axe... shouldn't it be the other way arround?

Tastyfish
29-07-2005, 19:58
Kouran is captain of the black guard - a regiment that uses Halberds, yet he himself uses two swords. Tullaris being the head of a regiment that now uses swords, uses an axe.
Makes perfect sense ;)

Nazguire
29-07-2005, 22:54
Ask Mengil's mother, she'll tell you how big his sword is...or perhaps his father, as we only ever hear about his father in the background.

It's a pretty nifty sword in size yes, and since it is counted as a greatweapon anyway, it would be accepted as Mr. Greatsword. :)

gorenut
29-07-2005, 23:42
Ask Mengil's mother, she'll tell you how big his sword is...or perhaps his father, as we only ever hear about his father in the background.

It's a pretty nifty sword in size yes, and since it is counted as a greatweapon anyway, it would be accepted as Mr. Greatsword. :)

Knowing him.. he's probably wearing both of them.