PDA

View Full Version : Pick my army list:

Finnigan2004
13-03-2007, 14:38
I'm going to a tournament next month (2000 points), and I'm going to take my daemonic legion. I know that I will likely face an over representation of gun lines because I've played at this store before. I'm o.k., but not a fantastic player (need to get in more games:( ), and have been learning to play with my daemonic legions list for the last year. I'm looking for help selecting a two thousand point army from my available models with the idea of defeating a a few really annoying gun lines (dwarf and empire) in particular.

My fully painted and available models include:

1 bloodthirster
1 lord of change
2 daemon princes or exalted daemons
60 bloodletters (three command groups)
20 flesh hounds
3 bloodcrushers (modelled with command, so could be daemonic heralds-- yes, I know bloodcrushers can't have command groups it's because it looks cool. I let my opponent know there is no command)
20 horrors of Tzeentch
5 screamers
10 furies

Any suggestions would be great, thanks for your time.

Aelyn
13-03-2007, 15:12
Looking over the list of models, I can't tell you the exact army (since I'm very dodgy with points values for daemons), but it would be something like:

Daemon Prince of Khorne
Spellbreaker

15 Bloodletters
15 Bloodletters
15 Bloodletters
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
3 Bloodcrushers
5 Furies*
5 Furies*

*If you can have 5-man units of course...

The gunlines have to deal with the Furies with their first wave, then have to deal with the Flesh Hounds in their second wave. Your Prince should hug the terrain until you can charge them - no point risking him getting shot up. Ideally you should be able to get at least one or two Bloodletter units in combat intact, at which point you should win pretty easily. Just make sure you don't give the opponent too many chances to shoot down your Prince before he charges in. Use one unit of Flesh Hounds to hunt down anything which could stop you marchblocking.

I have no idea how many points that is. Probably too many.

Belerophon709
13-03-2007, 19:40
I agree with the above completely, with the following notes/expansions:

Versus gunlines, anything fast and/or flying is your friend. Use your furies and hounds to get in their face ASAP to keep them busy til the Bloodletters get there. If the hounds die, so be it, as long as they tie that shooty stuff up as much as possible.

Once you Bloodletters get there, do the following:

Light your BBQ.
Heat Buns.
Chop a few veggies.
Slap Dwarf Mince Burgers on BBQ.

Serve Bloody.

:D

Finnigan2004
14-03-2007, 14:14
Thanks for the suggestions. I know that I need the furies, but in a daemonic legion they're a 0-1 choice per character with a mark of chaos undivided. Do you think that I'd be better to take two exalted daemons (one marked by khorne and one by chaos undivided) than a daemon prince? Then I can put in the furies, and get two big, flying beasties (who are not near as tough as the daemon prince).

Aelyn
14-03-2007, 14:19
Actually, I was thinking about this army recently, and I'm not really sure you need the Daemon Prince to be Khornate. If you make him Undivided, it also has the benefit, unfluffy as it may be, that you can take Screamers of Tzeentch in the army as well (assuming Daemonic Legion mark rules work the same as regular Daemons) which could be useful...