PDA

View Full Version : Has any one tried this tz tricK?

inq.serge
13-03-2007, 15:53
The horror spell on cannon crew.
This will give in avrage of 1 kill, who turns into a horror which,iirc, may use his power to turn an other crew-dude into a horror on a d6 roll of 6.

Even if there's crew left, the cannon is in cc and probably won't be able to shoot, ever.

And the horrors can then charge an other gun with crew when they've finnished of the first.

Anyone tried this?

Yak
13-03-2007, 16:21
And this is why they invented dispel scrolls. Not to mention that you have to roll the spell first!

Wings of Doom
13-03-2007, 16:23
It's fun, isn't it? I love using it on Reaper Bolt Thrower crew- there're only two of them, unlike cannon crew, and they have low toughness and armour. Very frustrating to the opponent, and a great tactic for tzeentch players.

Aelyn
13-03-2007, 16:34
The horror spell on cannon crew.
This will give in avrage of 1 kill, who turns into a horror which,iirc, may use his power to turn an other crew-dude into a horror on a d6 roll of 6.

Even if there's crew left, the cannon is in cc and probably won't be able to shoot, ever.

And the horrors can then charge an other gun with crew when they've finnished of the first.

Anyone tried this?
Remember you can't use the Horror's spells on the turn they're created - their bound spells are activated at the beginning of the magic phase, so I'd say once you've cast a regular spell, it's too late to use their abilities.

Negativemoney
13-03-2007, 17:10
Remember you can't use the Horror's spells on the turn they're created - their bound spells are activated at the beginning of the magic phase, so I'd say once you've cast a regular spell, it's too late to use their abilities.

Bingo.

And, yes I do this all the time to war machine crews and skirmish units.

blahblahblah
14-03-2007, 00:50
Neat trick I'll have to watch for. Sneaky sneaky.... :D

Varath- Lord Impaler
14-03-2007, 05:53

it doesnt say this anywhere, it says their spells are treated as bound spells. Unless bound spells have to be used before normal spells then created horrors can use their spells.

laughingman
14-03-2007, 06:26
it doesnt say this anywhere, it says their spells are treated as bound spells. Unless bound spells have to be used before normal spells then created horrors can use their spells.

read it again, they have to be used at the beginning of the magic phase.[dice0]

Varath- Lord Impaler
14-03-2007, 11:01
Read what? the rulebook or the Hordes of chaos book?

"The horrors may cast the spell at the start of their magic phase."

Emphasis mine.

This is abit tricky, i would say its allowed because the word 'their' means the horrors magic phase, ie. When the horrors use their spells.

The chaos FAQ has nothing either.

Chicago Slim
14-03-2007, 11:31

Emphasis mine.

Try a different emphasis, then:

I think it makes it pretty clear why Negativemoney got the idea that the bound spells have to be first... Because, after you start rolling casting dice, it's no longer the start of the magic phase, is it?

And I don't buy the argument that "'their' means the horrors magic phase" because there's no reason why they should have their own magic phase, seperate from the rest of their army.

Your army has a magic phase. The fact that those horrors weren't around for the start of it is their problem.

Tutore
14-03-2007, 14:48
There arenīt easter eggs in the game, so said someone wiser than me in this forum.