PDA

View Full Version : Choas Nurgle

Konkreter Soldat
13-03-2007, 16:19
I was wondering of those of you who play Nurgle what are some good models to get when starting this army off?

Jmznudd
13-03-2007, 17:57
Well for any Chaos army you're going to want Knights. Start with 5 of them. You'll need a champion and probably a sorceror. A chariot is good as is a 20 man block of Marauders.

I play Slaanesh myself, but I would recommend those basic choices to any new Chaos player. Honestly, I can't speak for the Nurgle Daemons as I don't know them.

-Jmz

squiggoth
14-03-2007, 19:44
You'll want 5 bases of Nurglings - one of the best Daemon units in the game. They can block line of sight, chew through skirmishing units, chew through light infantry, chew through small units of either light or heavy cavalry, add lots of Fear-causing unit strength to any combat, and support your other units with their Cloud of Flies.

Off course, they're daemons, so if you roll lousy they pop. ;)

Paulus
14-03-2007, 19:55
I was wondering of those of you who play Nurgle what are some good models to get when starting this army off?

Are you playing specifically either mortals, beasts or demons or are you looking to play a mixture?

dominic_carrillo
14-03-2007, 20:00
Nurgle is sweet. i just play them because they're fun to paint.
fat blocks of plaguebearers are good for the core of your army.
nurglings are a must, as are a few chariots

Shank
14-03-2007, 23:37
This all depends on what general you plan on using. I have a all Nurgle Daemon army with a couple of beast units thrown in (Trolls, Giant, sometimes Dragon Ogres.
For me, it is 2 big blocks of Plaguebears, Nurglings, Furies (lots) Exalted Daemon and of course an Unclean One for my general in a 2500 pt army.
This army is kind of small, but really tough. Cloud of flies really makes the Plaguebears hard to hit and everything causes fear. 3 cause Terror (Unclean one, Giant, Exalted)!
I was thinking about adding some Chaos Knights for a little more speed, but this army is kinda different. I almost never play anyone with Plaguebearers!

Konkreter Soldat
14-03-2007, 23:40
I wanted a mix of mortal and daemon but mostly mortal and I don't want to use beast men.

Paulus
14-03-2007, 23:46
My advice may not be the best here as I do not play Chaos.

I would think that the ideal starting point is to select your lord choice & get a unit of about 20 Marauder's to fill a chunck of core with a reasonably cost effective unit.

I try only ever do one unit at a time as I find it less daunting when sitting down to paint them, but everyone has a different approach that is suitable for them.

Maxx Von Morton
19-03-2007, 16:15
I really LOVE playing father nurgle!
I think that knights are essentials for an army.
Usually I play 5 of them, 2 chariots (I like the "impact factor!"), nurglingsX4 (they will save your side!), and warriors... I don't like marauders, too weak and they usually run away when you need them....