PDA

View Full Version : Messing with Da Boyz(2k O&G)

DragonPup
14-03-2007, 03:40
I've been playing with the idea of starting an Orcs and Gobbo's list. I read over the book and played around to make a list.

Characters

Black Orc Warboss: Heavy Armor, Shield, Martog's Best Basha, Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss, and Kickin' Boots 229

Orc Shaman: Level 2, Dispel Scroll 125

Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Dispel Scroll 115

Troops

20 Orc Boyz: Extra hand Weapons, Full Command 170

20 Orc Boyz: Shields, Musician, Standard 135

24 Night Goblins: Nets, Musician, Standard. 119 Goblin Shaman goes here.

5 Goblin Wolf Riders: Bows, Spears, Musician 76

Special

19 Black Orcs: Shields, Musician, Standard 284 Warboss in here.

5 Boar Boyz: Musician, Standard 131

2 Spear Chuckas 70

8 Squid Hoppers(Or perhaps 4 herds?) 120

Rare

Troll 40

Troll 40

Pocisk
14-03-2007, 08:54
I think 20 orcs unit isn't best idea. Fast loosing rank bonus. General IMO shouldn't be in black orc regiment, because when you doing WAAAGH! black orcs move whitout roll and general do the same so you loosing one free movement. And black orcs are strong whitout hero.
And better replace boar boyz with savage boar boyz. They're really better. 10 attacks with s4 and 10 with s5 and DON'T GIVE THEM STANDARD!! It's very easy for opponent to get 100 VP

DragonPup
14-03-2007, 16:10
Here's a revised list. The Warboss and the Orc Shaman will go into one of the Boyz units.

Characters

Black Orc Warboss: Heavy Armor, Shield, Martog's Best Basha, Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss, and Kickin' Boots 229

Orc Shaman: Level 2, Dispel Scroll 125

Goblin Shaman: Level 2, Dispel Scroll 115

Troops

25 Orc Boyz: Extra hand Weapons, Full Command 170

25 Orc Boyz: Shields, Musician, Standard 135

Special

20 Black Orcs: Shields, Musician, Standard 298

5 Savage Boar Boyz: Musician, Boss, Shield, Spears 149

2 Spear Chuckas 70

Rare

Troll 40

Troll 40

chaos_core
14-03-2007, 17:00
ok looking list why take night gobbos with no fanatics just take normal gobbos

Avian
14-03-2007, 17:11
Yer 20 Black Orcs cost almost exactly the same as the unit of 25 Boyz with additional choppas AND one of the units of 25 Boyz with shields put together.
Take the hint! ;)

Aelyn
14-03-2007, 17:13
ok looking list why take night gobbos with no fanatics just take normal gobbos
For a start, normal Goblins can't have Nets :D

Even with a totally 'vanilla' unit, as in one with no special options, I'd still go for Night Goblins. They have Shields instead of Light Armour, giving them +1 AS in Close Combat, and in an Orc army the difference in Leadership is less important (since the Orc General will have a higher Ld than either) and the +1 Initiative is often surprisingly helpful.

The real question is, aside from background or model reasons, why would anyone take normal Goblins over Night Goblins?

DesertDirge
14-03-2007, 19:06
Yer 20 Black Orcs cost almost exactly the same as the unit of 25 Boyz with additional choppas AND one of the units of 25 Boyz with shields put together.
Take the hint! ;)

I don't get it? :D

Parka boy
14-03-2007, 19:21
25 Orc Boyz: Extra hand Weapons, Full Command is 205 not 170

25 Orc Boyz: Shields, Musician, Standard is 165 not 135

Black orcs are only a good idea sad as it is elite infantry has no place on the warhammer battlefield.

chaos_core
14-03-2007, 20:54
For a start, normal Goblins can't have Nets :D

Even with a totally 'vanilla' unit, as in one with no special options, I'd still go for Night Goblins. They have Shields instead of Light Armour, giving them +1 AS in Close Combat, and in an Orc army the difference in Leadership is less important (since the Orc General will have a higher Ld than either) and the +1 Initiative is often surprisingly helpful.?

even ime convinced any one wanna swap common gobbos for night gobbos :0

DragonPup
14-03-2007, 20:59
Yea, the second list has some of the points numbers wrong, but it adds up to 1992 per Army Builder.

As for Black Orcs, even though a mass of normal Boyz is more point effective, I still like the idea of them, fluff wise. What about 8 Squig Hoppers vs 4 herds?

monkeyboyalpha
14-03-2007, 23:17
Hey fellow greenie!

That list is good. Just a few points....

Characters

Errm, you will be better off on a boar, you have magic weapon and mundane shield so you cannot benefit from handweapon/shield rule, place him on a boar with haevy armour and shield for a 2+ AS, Extra Attack from the boots and the ward save from the boss hat...

You see, I would never take a Blorc Warboss as you pay all that extra for just an extra point in WS, and when you give a Blorc warboss a magic weapon, as one is prone to do, you lose out on the innate armed to da teef rule, which I think is too good to lose on the Blorc leader???...

I am very funny about giving a Blorc boss of any kind a magic weapon, his basic weapons config is too versatile to give up IMHO...

Troops

Good, I personaly find that boyz armed with 2 choppas are better than choppa and shield, of course, if points allow I take shields for the trek across the table, but not for use in combat...

Surely you know those gitz aren't going to do a lot without fanatics? If they are primarlity a guard for the shaman why not drop the unit down to archers, still with nets, and maybe a fanatic. You are putting to much stock in the fact they have a shield, yes they get a 5+ AS, but virtualy everything in the warhammer world has a Str4 or above on the charge, that leaves you with 6+ AS (commonly known as "no save")...

I personaly run around in 6's, but there you go...

Special

Why are people slagging you off for this choice, they will do what you want when you want it, why no magic banner?...

Are you aware of the damage these do on the charge? Especialy if the Warboss is with them on a boar ;)...

2 Spear Chuckas 70
The rule of 2, good to see you adhere to it...

8 is good, skirmishing unit. 4 herds sounds like a good idea but unless they can stay under the generals LD umbrella that crappy NG LD wont last them too long in a fight by themselves, but then again, 4 herds is a loooooot of squigs :evilgrin:...

In answer to your question, common gobbos are better as they can be super units, they have the hand weapon, light armour and the shield gives them the superior AS. Yeah NG have the Ini but they are so weak that they fall down so very quickly and flee so the great Ini isn't helping a great deal. Only reason to take NGS are for nets and fanatics, if you don't use them to the potential then might as well be common gobbos...

MBA

Parka boy
15-03-2007, 01:46
Hey fellow greenie!

That list is good. Just a few points....

Characters

Errm, you will be better off on a boar, you have magic weapon and mundane shield so you cannot benefit from handweapon/shield rule, place him on a boar with haevy armour and shield for a 2+ AS, Extra Attack from the boots and the ward save from the boss hat...

You see, I would never take a Blorc Warboss as you pay all that extra for just an extra point in WS, and when you give a Blorc warboss a magic weapon, as one is prone to do, you lose out on the innate armed to da teef rule, which I think is too good to lose on the Blorc leader???...

I am very funny about giving a Blorc boss of any kind a magic weapon, his basic weapons config is too versatile to give up IMHO...

Troops

Good, I personaly find that boyz armed with 2 choppas are better than choppa and shield, of course, if points allow I take shields for the trek across the table, but not for use in combat...

Surely you know those gitz aren't going to do a lot without fanatics? If they are primarlity a guard for the shaman why not drop the unit down to archers, still with nets, and maybe a fanatic. You are putting to much stock in the fact they have a shield, yes they get a 5+ AS, but virtualy everything in the warhammer world has a Str4 or above on the charge, that leaves you with 6+ AS (commonly known as "no save")...

I personaly run around in 6's, but there you go...

Special

Why are people slagging you off for this choice, they will do what you want when you want it, why no magic banner?...

Are you aware of the damage these do on the charge? Especialy if the Warboss is with them on a boar ;)...

2 Spear Chuckas 70
The rule of 2, good to see you adhere to it...

8 is good, skirmishing unit. 4 herds sounds like a good idea but unless they can stay under the generals LD umbrella that crappy NG LD wont last them too long in a fight by themselves, but then again, 4 herds is a loooooot of squigs :evilgrin:...

In answer to your question, common gobbos are better as they can be super units, they have the hand weapon, light armour and the shield gives them the superior AS. Yeah NG have the Ini but they are so weak that they fall down so very quickly and flee so the great Ini isn't helping a great deal. Only reason to take NGS are for nets and fanatics, if you don't use them to the potential then might as well be common gobbos...

MBA

CHECK YOUR MATH!