PDA

View Full Version : n00b questions

huitzilopochtli
14-03-2007, 10:59
Ok, i'm fairly new to playing this game, and so far i've been working off the old rulebook, (6th edition i think).
Its possible that the questions i ask are in the rulebook, (either the old or new), but i've not found anything on it yet.

Ok on to the questions.
Firstly, when you choose the stand and shoot reaction to a charge, can you still shoot if the charge fails? The unit would, I assume, still be within range so i guess its possible, right?

Secondly, what happens when your general is killed? My friend and i have arguments about this, because he believes that every unit takes a panic test, but i cant find anything in the rules on that. so what happens?

Finally, in the vampire count book, it mentions several items that blood dragon vampires cannot use. does this apply to the necromancers aswell? For example, my friend always gives his necromancer the power familiar, which "can't be used by Blood Dragon Vampires", so could this be used by necromancers?

Thanks

melgorth
14-03-2007, 11:02
i tink the blood dragon 1 actualy is acceptable i use it myself all the time i think if it was meant for the whole army it would say it and not just say vampires

Festus
14-03-2007, 11:10
Hi

1st: Yes, you can S&S as a reaction even if the charge itself fails... that is the whole point sometimes, isn't it?

2nd: The Panic for the Army is a 5th Edition rule, not present in either 6th or 7th ed.

3rd: Yes, the Item is only forbidden for BD Vampires (ie. Thralls, Counts or Lords, not for Necromancers or a BD army).

Festus

Chicago Slim
14-03-2007, 12:10
Festus, as usual, is right on the money.

If memory serves, there may be a special rule for Vampire Counts, regarding the death of the general, found in the Vampire Counts army book.

huitzilopochtli
14-03-2007, 12:18
yes i know that one. same goes for the tomb kings heirophant. thanks.