PDA

View Full Version : Daemons in chaos armies

melgorth
14-03-2007, 12:26
im just wondering can you put daemons of different gods in a chaos army following 1 god? for example could a bloodletter be put in a army with the mark of Nurgle? i would appreciate your replies. thanks!

Aelyn
14-03-2007, 12:41
If the General is Undivided, the daemons of any God can be included, with the one condition that there must be a unit of a God present for a character of that God to be included.

If the General follows a God, only the daemons of that God and Furies can be fielded.

TheWarSmith
14-03-2007, 13:00
Bingo, winner, correct!

He speaks the truth.

Giledan
15-03-2007, 22:44
If the General is Undivided, the daemons of any God can be included, with the one condition that there must be a unit of a God present for a character of that God to be included.

If the General follows a God, only the daemons of that God and Furies can be fielded.

But where does it state that?

The way i see it mortal units can not have other marks than the general, but i havent been able to find where they limit the choice of deamons to the generals mark. Keep in mind that a undivided general still have a mark.

Nevermind; found it. Curses.

One more little thing; how official are the Mounted Deamonettes? I mean are they "street legal", can they be used in a tournament with strick rules? A GW store battle?

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 22:49
Hordes of Chaos p.55 heading THE CHAOS GENERAL.

Chicago Slim
15-03-2007, 22:52
The way i see it mortal units can not have other marks than the general, but i havent been able to find where they limit the choice of deamons to the generals mark. Keep in mind that a undivided general still have a mark.

The limitation is not on "mortal units", but on "units". Daemonic units "of x" god are read as being marked by that god, according to the Hordes of Chaos army book.

Not ALL daemons are marked by a god, of course. Daemonic characters may be marked undivided, and Harpies aren't marked at all.

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 22:59
Chaos had no Harpies for years now. Furies have the mark Undivided and are not unmarked.

Chicago Slim
16-03-2007, 00:10
Right-- sorry, wrong essentially synonymous Greco-Roman mythological reference.