PDA

View Full Version : Differences between US and UK mailorder

Apollyon
26-07-2005, 16:17
Why doesn't the US have codes for individual models? The female witchhuntress has 1 code for all 3 poses in the US and in the UK the poses are coded individually? WTF??? :wtf:

t-tauri
26-07-2005, 16:52
I'd assume the single code is for a random blister like you get in a retail shop, while in the UK we can pick the body we like.

boogle
26-07-2005, 18:14
some of the UK models don't have codes either as they aren't for sale as seperate bitz

spud
27-07-2005, 00:50
Everyone uses the same type of coding system. Sometimes it just takes longer to update in some areas than others. I used to be a GW Troll for Canada and at the time we were pretty behind with the coding updates.

dugaal
27-07-2005, 04:25
as far as i know all the models are produced in the UK, so it is easier to custom order things from the shop to some degree, where the US/can shops just get their basic shipments and a few asides, forcing them to group up similiar items, such as different poses for the same units
peeves me too living in Canada, but i just ebay everything. id honestly consider buying some of the overpriced stuff they have now, if i could be surgical with my orders (i could use some SW accessory sprues, just not for $10cn a pop)