PDA

View Full Version : What does a unit become when reduced to one model?

DaBrode
14-03-2007, 23:55
I'm at a loss to find anything that states a single model left over from a once whole unit of troops becomes a single model and then follows the rules as such.

However, it seems utterly ridiculous to have to use forward line of sight and wheeling for one model especially if the base size is that of a normal trooper such as an Orc or Goblin.

Can anyone point out how this works?

kruzkal
14-03-2007, 23:58
Last man standing with US1 -> skirmisher, US2+ -> monster.

Give me a few minutes to get you a reference.

EDIT: Here you go!

LAST MAN STANDING
The last surviving model of a unit of infantry with a unit strength of 1 is treated in all respects like a skirmisher.

The last surviving model of a unit of infantry with a unit strength of more than 1 or of a unit of cavalry is treated in all respects like a monster (except that characters may still join it to form a unit).

DaBrode
15-03-2007, 00:34
Thanks! That's precisely what I wanted to see.

monkeyboyalpha
15-03-2007, 01:32
Dude ?!?!?

Where do you get that Last Man Standing quote????

That's not in my BFSP rulebook, it only goes upto page 128????

I thought the mini rulebook was identical to the main book? What else is missing in the BFSP book?

MBA

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 01:36
Form the hardback rule book (ISBN 1-84154-759-X). Page 269 is all about single models. There is a single model movement chart, with bits about flyers, war machines and last man standing.

monkeyboyalpha
15-03-2007, 01:48
Form the hardback rule book (ISBN 1-84154-759-X). Page 269 is all about single models. There is a single model movement chart, with bits about flyers, war machines and last man standing.

Wha :wtf: :wtf:

So what else id missing from the BFSP book :confused:

MBA

Zonq
15-03-2007, 02:33
So you're telling that rules are missing in the Bfsp? Great!

Zonq

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 03:20
I am afraid I don't have a copy of the BfSP book and therefore cannot tell you what other rules may have be omitted.

Greyfire
15-03-2007, 03:52

Funny, I've read the core rule part of the hard back around three times. I've read the important (to me) bits of the background section and skimmed the modelling tips.

But I've never bother to look at the table summaries in the back of the book closely - I've just never needed them. And lo, behold, a page of rules not duplicated anywhere else that I can find! Amazing! :)

Thanks for posting that response. First time I've actually read that page.

-=- Greyfire

Kotobuki
15-03-2007, 03:57
That page is the only page of rules absent from the Battle for Skull Pass rule book. And it is a very important rule. As far as the Battle for Skull Pass book is concerned, all single models count as having a 90deg LOS, and pivot and move in a straight line.

Festus
15-03-2007, 07:20
Hi

It is not:

Single models of US 1 wil be skirmishers, as the rules for Skirmishers point out, and single models of US 2+ are moved as monsters, as the criteria for units show.

The page left out is just a convenient summary of rules strewn out across the BRB.

cf. BRB, p.71,11f., and 65 f.

Festus

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 12:34
None of the page references you gave includes or implies the Last Man Standing rule. Please quote the paragraphs of which you are referring to.

Atrahasis
15-03-2007, 14:18
Kruzkal is correct, without the "Last Man Standing" section in the back of the book, all single models have 90 degree LOS.

Another vaguery that popped up as I scoured the rulebook for references is that Wizards can cast spells requiring LOS on any target anyone in his unit can see, regardless of his own LOS, the only exception being magic missiles.

DeathlessDraich
15-03-2007, 14:51
Start another thread Atrahasis while I check the rulebook. [and get me a take-away curry and a Kit Kat while you're at it]:p