PDA

View Full Version : 2k of SoC Eshin fun

spud
15-03-2007, 05:00
Lords: 335pts

Sensei with Felblade, Talisman of Protection & smoke bombs.

Heroes: 450pts

Assassin with Weeping Blade, smoke bombs

Sorcerer L2, 2xDispell Scroll

Sorcerer L2, 2xDispell Scroll

Core: 492pts

4 Claws of 5 Night Runners

8 Claws of 7 Night Runners additional hand weapons

Special: 404pts

2 Claws of 6 Tunnellers, poisoned hand weapons

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

Rare: 320pts

Triad, smoke bombs

8 Globadiers

Total: 2001pts

I'm toying with the idea of throwing the assassin into the triad unit and having them plow through flanks of light armoured units, leaving the 2 sorcerors to skitterleap the Sensei around.

Comments and crits are welcom and encouraged.

DesertDirge
15-03-2007, 15:13
I just hope the eshin list become legal!

Parka boy
15-03-2007, 18:27
It is legal as are all of SOC lists last time I looked.

4 dispel scrolls isn't friendly

Talisman of Protection is worthless

Triads are about the best unit in the army and unfortunately globadiers are one of the worst.

And I really hope you tell the person your playing that your over the 2k as personally I spent alot of time trimming my list to 2k and under.

spud
15-03-2007, 18:45
Yeah I was actually thinking of dropping 2 of the dispel scrolls. It seemed a little over kill.

And I completely disagree about PWG's. With the UCoD rule they have a better chance of scurrying up behind my other units and then dropping the pain on my opponents heavy armour. I've heard thatt hey work better in smaller units of say 3-4, but i can't split my current one up. I'd just have to reduce it by half the models and spend my points elsewhere, which I'm not entirely opposed to doing if a good suggestion comes up as to where I should spend them.

And yes, I always let my opponents know exactly what my points are.

spud
15-03-2007, 18:45
And How is ToP worthless? A save is better than no save.

pcgamer72
15-03-2007, 19:29
And How is ToP worthless? A save is better than no save.

Most people (including myself) generally don't like to take up points, especially magical alottment points on a character, with something that rarely works. I don't think its "worthless," but I would rather have the points to spend elsewhere.

spud
15-03-2007, 19:45
Most people (including myself) generally don't like to take up points, especially magical alottment points on a character, with something that rarely works. I don't think its "worthless," but I would rather have the points to spend elsewhere.Anything you would suggest?

spud
15-03-2007, 20:29
After snooping around the forums I've altered my list somewhat, most notably having dropped the PWG's in favour of a second triad. I've also ditched the lone assassin for a 3rd sorceror and dropped 2 dispell scrolls for a bound item and some tokens.

Lords: 335pts

Sensei with Felblade, Talisman of Protection & smoke bombs.

Heroes: 350pts

Sorcerer L2, Warp Scroll

Sorcerer L2, Dispell Scroll, Warpstone Token

Sorcerer L2, Dispell Scroll, Warpstone Token

Core: 442pts

2 Claws of 5 Night Runners

8 Claws of 7 Night Runners additional hand weapons

Special: 370pts

2 Claws of 5 Tunnellers, poisoned hand weapons

5 Jezzails

5 Jezzails

Rare: 480pts

Triad, smoke bombs

Triad, smoke bombs

Total: 1997pts

spud
17-03-2007, 19:57
Any more thoughts?

Weapon
18-03-2007, 07:57
How does an Eshin army perform normally? Not really comparitive to SAD lists, just in general.