PDA

View Full Version : Women in Chaos Armies...

Bingo the Fun Monkey
15-03-2007, 08:29
Good, now that the word "women" got you to click on this, hear me out. This was actually inspired by a thread in the 40k forum where someone wanted more women in his LatD army. Almost as an afterthought, he said "this army has a sort of slaanesh theme".

Well, gosh, who'da'thunkit? However, why don't people put "women" (models with breasts, essentially) in chaos armies of other alignments? The chaos book clearly states that any woman of the chaos tribes could rip a black orc a new spore-hole. It's not like a pleasure god is the only one they could succumb to...

Khorne: fed up with her alcoholic vice-filled wife-beating hubby (whom Ranger Walker didn't bring to justice), a woman embraces her indignant rage (perhaps an anomaly in the normal monthly cycle) and starts butchering him, his cronies, and eventually she finds satisfaction in her bloodthirst. It could happen any number of ways.

Tzeench: Helga Hoegaarden was a bright young lass but was denied access to the university of Altdorf for whatever reason. She had prepared all her life for it, in the pursuit of truth and understanding, only to be crushed by the injustices of a male-dominated society (little did she know Nuln would have taken her in). It's time for Change. If not a mortal instructor, why not a God?

Nurgle: Hunger, famine and disease spares no one. Man, woman or child. All are as likely to turn to their tormentor for salvation. All are capable of rising in the foetid ranks. Believe it or not, boys, it doesn't even have to be a venurial disease. Why not Yellow Skull Fever*?

On another note...what do you think would be Chuck Norris' stats? Vampire Lord or Archaon?

*The Horned Rat took that idea from Nurgle...

EDIT: by the way, I was not trying to bad-mouth the poster in the 40k forum. Escher gangers DO fit really well in any themed LatD force.

Braad
15-03-2007, 08:45
I think it's just up to your imagination. But if you look at other armies, there are few who actually include women (mainly elves, I don't know how to identify them with lizardmen...). I think that's more something that sticks around or so, and doesn't get changed. In our history (not that they can be compared actually...) also few women fought in wars. Perhaps some manly thing or so...

About chuck, well... would be something like this: WS10, S10, BS11, W10, I10, As -6+, Ws 1+

Alathir
15-03-2007, 09:17
But my magic sword the 'Bane of Tired Jokes' would banish Chuck Norris on a 2+.

In response to the thread, yes I've always thought that women would definitley make up a portion of the Chaos followers. A female Khorne Lord would scare the **** out of me.

It's cool to throw stuff like this in from to time... I'm eventually going to model a female paladin for my Bretonnian army. (and no, she isnt Joan of Arc)

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 09:27
Women worship chaos as well, but in a different way. i think the women are too busy screwing demons and shooting out baby chaos warriors to suit up and fight.

snurl
15-03-2007, 10:16
It doesn't sound too far fetched to me-
I have seen frenzied mobs of females shopping, and that was brutal enough.

Maybe GW should take a que and make some Female chaos models? Not just the T&A figures now but some ruthless looking fighters would be a welcome addition to the line.

squiggoth
15-03-2007, 10:32
There's some old female thugs/barbarians who look good in modern Marauder units (altough they're a bit tiny), the Lustrian Amazons are descended from Norse Marauder stock, and in the Trollslayer novel there's a female Khorne Lord (Khorne Lady?).
There's plenty of reference to female chaos followers who are not of the Slaaneshi persuasion; it's just that most women in medieval societies were far too busy with cooking and taking care of the infants to engage in war activities. You DO need somebody with a womb to ensure the continued excistance of your village, so sending women into war is simply not a good idea.

Gorbad Ironclaw
15-03-2007, 11:08
In response to the thread, yes I've always thought that women would definitley make up a portion of the Chaos followers. A female Khorne Lord would scare the **** out of me.

There is a very nice short story about a female chaos lord by BL. Can't remember what book it's in tho. Trollslayer maybe?

I think the story goes that she is raped by the local noble man, runs away and gets picked up by a beastman tribe who recognise her as marked by the gods. She later returns to butcher them all.

THE KAPPTIN
15-03-2007, 13:44
Women worship chaos as well, but in a different way. i think the women are too busy screwing demons and shooting out baby chaos warriors to suit up and fight.Heh, I think I know some feminists who would like to punch you in the face...

Yes, females in Chaos armies make sense! Women are just as power-hungry as men, right?! Well, maybe not usually, but I'm sure they can still worship Chaos gods.
There will be female (chaos) chosen and magi in WAR. Really I think there's no reason why there shouldn't be female Chaos warriors. (Then again, I think there are also female empire knights in WAR; I assume this is not fluffy).

The moral of the story is: Go ahead and do it. Sculpt some boobs on your Chosen of Khorne.
Actually, you could probably make some good female lords / chosen from some Privateer Press models.

monkeyboyalpha
15-03-2007, 13:51
Isn't the model for lord of Slaanesh on the booby snake a female? Looks it to me?

When I move on to chaos (Slaanesh) I plan on doing some minor converting on my lord or hero to have the character depicted as a woman, just seems right with Slaanesh somehow...

MBA

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 14:10
Heh, I think I know some feminists who would like to punch you in the face...

Feminists? Feminism (the very name coined) is sexist by definition anyway. A neutral term should've been sexual-equalitism.

diehard0123
15-03-2007, 14:44
Chaos Women would be way too ugly! They would have to be to breed with most of those chaos dudes. At least Elven women are pleasing to the eyes but Chaos women would have to be (((Shivers))) the bottom of the barrel.

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 14:58
Not necessarily. I would imagine Chaos females to be dominatrices in Chaos Armour. Whips and chains. Kind of like a more hardcore version of Witch Elves. Do not underestimate the power of sexual desire!

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 15:29
Daemon Princess anyone?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/images/CHA005_2.jpg

(Not GW model.)

Hawkmoon
15-03-2007, 15:34
Wow! That's a great model. Where's it from?

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 15:39
Freebooter Miniatures - Succubus

Kotobuki
15-03-2007, 15:52
Feminists? Feminism (the very name coined) is sexist by definition anyway. A neutral term should've been sexual-equalitism.And that would be all well and good, except that Feminism is not about equality. It's about wresting the mantle of power from the shoulders of Man, and placing it upon the shoulders of Woman.

Very few crusaders of 'equality' actually seek equality. They seek a greater and unequal power for those they 'represent' at the expense of those that currently have such power.

The pestilent 1
15-03-2007, 16:30

Except for the seemingly random horn (Unless there is one on the other side?) That is a damned fine model :D

kruzkal
15-03-2007, 16:35
That horn does seem a bit random but the horn with left side of hair is a separate part so it is an easy job with a bit of green stuff if you don't like it. Or you can just make another horn for the other side.

15-03-2007, 16:48
yes in troll slayer there is a chaos (korhn) lord that is female.

apparently she was somewhat pretty long black hair with a white strip down the center and not muscly....black armor...(ok so I was just reading that story last night hehe)

Charax
15-03-2007, 16:57
Women worship chaos as well, but in a different way. i think the women are too busy screwing demons and shooting out baby chaos warriors to suit up and fight.

People like you give men in general and gamers specifically a bad name.

Now, back to the topic at hand: Does anyone honestly think Chaos gives a damn about something as minor as gender? Everybody who embraces Chaos does it in their own way, and the Gods couldn't care less what that way is. If a woman wants to worship Khorne through Bloodshed, do you honestly think Khorne's going to go "No thanks, I'd rather you were over there breeding Warriors"?

The whole "Women = Slaanesh = Sex" thing is tired, boring, incorrect, immature and pathetic. To the gods there's little difference between men and women, humans and dwarfs. There are only those who worship, and those who do not.

Jedi152
15-03-2007, 17:10
Surprise surprise, it sticks to the usual 'sexy demon/vampire/elf' geek fantasy.

Is there anyone else in this hobby who thinks that women in fantasy shouldn't always have enormous swords, enormous chests and an iron bikini?

Aelyn
15-03-2007, 17:33
I'm sure there must be some females worshipping Tzeentch.

If nothing else, maybe they didn't START worshipping him as females, but I doubt Tzeentch wouldn't be tempted to "gift" some of his warriors with a change of that nature...

Jedi: I do. The conversions I have planned include a model almost indistinguishable from a male, only with a slightly thinner waist and with (small) breast shapes hammered into the armour to cover them properly. I actually really like the way the SoB were handled in 40K, they haven't been given the "fantasy-female" treatment.

As it happens, both of my armies could well be half female. It's not like you can exactly tell the gender of a Lizardman or a Goblin...

Vogon
15-03-2007, 17:38
Surprise surprise, it sticks to the usual 'sexy demon/vampire/elf' geek fantasy.

Is there anyone else in this hobby who thinks that women in fantasy shouldn't always have enormous swords, enormous chests and an iron bikini?

You’re right it’s a cliché but the target audience for most of these miniatures is the adolescent male and it sells. There is also the fact that pretty much all aspects of this hobby are over exaggerated and larger than life not just female attributes.

However not all female miniatures conform to the stereotypical geek fantasy take a look at this one

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php?photo_id=668&gallery_id=44

Then there’s the GW Dark Elves who send their animal trainers into battle in an evening gown???

Going back to the topic of modelling Female chaos champion that’s *not* Slaanesh then I think this miniature would make a great Khorne Lord (lady?)

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php?photo_id=889&gallery_id=47

Although these miniatures are a little smaller than the GW scale I think this one is a great sculpt with lots of dynamism and would actually fit quite well in a GW Khorne Army

Thanks

Vogon

Krusk
15-03-2007, 18:04
".

, Chaos strikes me as being equal oppurtunity. I seem to remember a story in ROC about Nurgle helping a woman kill her awful husband or some such, only to betray her by bringing him back from the grave all wormy style. Although not all your women warriors are going to be delicate and pretty. Ever seen the chicks who do roller derbies? not pretty. Not to say that a seemingly harmless woman couldn't be really, really hard/breath fire/turn into horrible monster at will, etc.

Vogon
15-03-2007, 18:09
Krusk, Point taken about the thighs but that “Dwarf lady” is actually a human not a dwarf. :)

Gorbad Ironclaw
15-03-2007, 18:21

Your right, I could do without the enormous swords :p

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 18:21
in terms of fluff, the chaos are modeled after vikings and norse tribesmen, and ive met some fair skinned blonde haired hotties in my day. But im sure there are some real dogs in the empire, and not all bretonnian damsels are busty beauties with magical powers.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 18:25
People like you give men in general and gamers specifically a bad name.

what? in warrior cultures, that was the role that women played, like it or not. no women=no kids. no kids=no warriors.
it even says in some fluff that a woman "hath lain with a demon." what do you think that means? get off your high horse.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 18:26
Your right, I could do without the enormous swords :p

i say lose the bikini! WHOOOOO!!! COLLEGE!!!

Jedi152
15-03-2007, 18:26
Oh, undoubtedly, with poor dental and normal hygiene, and poor healthcare finding a looker in the Warhammer World (and any 'fantasy' setting) is like finding a shiny needle in a pile of rusty ones.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 18:31
Oh, undoubtedly, with poor dental and normal hygiene, and poor healthcare finding a looker in the Warhammer World (and any 'fantasy' setting) is like finding a shiny needle in a pile of rusty ones.

yeah but if there are dragons and demons and crap like that, we should be able to find a few fine chicks.

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2007, 18:40
Feminists? Feminism (the very name coined) is sexist by definition anyway. A neutral term should've been sexual-equalitism.

Wrong. Feminism is about gaining equality for all, and as the oppressed and unequal gender is female, calling the movement/ideology feminism works just fine thanks.

Isn't the model for lord of Slaanesh on the booby snake a female? Looks it to me?

No, it's a man. He has one breast - his left, IIRC - because that's a typical mark of Slaanesh, who is a hermaphroditic deity amongst other things.

Chaos Women would be way too ugly .. Chaos women would have to be (((Shivers))) the bottom of the barrel.

:rolleyes:

...Feminism is not about equality. It's about wresting the mantle of power from the shoulders of Man, and placing it upon the shoulders of Woman.

WRONG. Go away and come back later.

Yes - me, for one.

Women would work well in any Chaos army.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 18:50
but general steiner sir, without the enormous sword and iron bikini, how would they defend their enormous chests. ;)

i think what this boils down to is the fantasies that men have about women. we want them to be tough and powerful, but also beautiful and sexy. and whats wrong with that?
part of the reason we all play gmes like this is because it offers us more than what is normally offered in real life. we collect vampires and demon-strippers because we think they are cool, and what is cool and what society says is cool are totally different.

Revlid
15-03-2007, 18:53
A Priestess of Tzeentch with a heart of flame has been mentioned in the G&F Books, as has the Khornate madam noted above.

You wouldn't see female marauders around for the simple reason that they'd be at home, praying at a shrine to Kjorn or Tchar for their hubbie's safe return, or busy (as dominic put it) popping out more Chaos Warriors.

Female cultists are more feasible, though still less likely, due to the restriction of women of the era.

Female Chaos Warriors? You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in full armour, honestly.

Rob0362
15-03-2007, 19:04
general steiner- could you be more arrogant? No i do not think so.

Feminism has Totally lost its direction. It is about steal power and NOT sharing I do not know what world you live in

ZeroTwentythree
15-03-2007, 19:11
what? in warrior cultures, that was the role that women played, like it or not. no women=no kids. no kids=no warriors.
it even says in some fluff that a woman "hath lain with a demon." what do you think that means? get off your high horse.

yeah but if there are dragons and demons and crap like that, we should be able to find a few fine chicks.

That seems contradictory. If it's a fantasy world in which women magically look hot in spite of poor health/dental care, harsh living conditions, etc., then why subject it to the "reality" of them having to stay at home popping out more warriors?

I actually really like the way the SoB were handled in 40K, they haven't been given the "fantasy-female" treatment.

SoB, like the Escher gang seem strange to me. Like it's ok to let women into the armies/gangs, but they've got their own separate "special" army/gang.

Joewrightgm
15-03-2007, 19:12
actually according to the army book, Northern women can be found in the ranks of armies, being more of a match for most southern men.

I think it would be interesting to see someone with an army thats an even mix of male/female models that didn't wear iron bikinis.
my 2 cents. peace.

Bleeding messiah
15-03-2007, 19:21
The chaos tribes have a much different social structure than say, the empire, as it is mainly based on martial prowess. So anyone is welcome to take leadership. There realy should be female marauder models IMHO.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 19:21
That seems contradictory. If it's a fantasy world in which women magically look hot in spite of poor health/dental care, harsh living conditions, etc., then why subject it to the "reality" of them having to stay at home popping out more warriors?

because they would birth children whether they are attractive or not. and sadly, whether or not they wanted to

Vogon
15-03-2007, 19:29
I’ve started thinking about how women would fit into Chaos and think that the most likely place to find them would actually be Tzeentch.

Baring a few Decadent noble women who have the means to indulge in the more extreme experiences I don’t really see the average woman (in the fantasy setting of Warhammer) becoming involved with Slaanesh. Most (not all but most) people get introduced to Slaanesh through sex cults and progress into full chaos worship from there. Not something I really see happening in the villages of the empire where a women is a *willing* participant.

Nurgle is truly the equal opportunity chaos god, as has been pointed out anyone can get sick and I’d say that perhaps a woman is more likely than a man to sell their soul to Nurgle especially if the person who is ill to the point of death is the woman’s child.

Khorne should be dominated by the men folk (though not exclusively male) as the primary introduction to Khorne is through battle. Khorne has recently become less diverse in the more recent fluff but has always centred around battle and bloodshed. Although the bezerker has come to the fore as the primary iconic figure in a khorne army I think that a few women are more than capable of coming to the attention and worship of khorne

Tzeentch however is where I think you’re most likely to find female worshipers. In a society where strength respected and women in general are the weaker of the two genders I can easily see the women turning to the magical arts as a defence rather than force of arms. The history of “witchcraft” often portrays witches as women who are coth cunning and magic users much as Tzeentch is In the Warhammer world, particularly in the Empire you don’t see women admitted to the colleges of magic (or at least I don’t know of any) so those that do have the gift are more likely to turn to less than official sources of learning, this makes them in my opinion prime targets for Tzeentch cults. As they become more adept and more powerful in their magic and cunning I can see Tzeentch bestowing more gifts on them to the point of being able to lead an army.

Anyway that’s enough of my rambling for now, let me know what you think. (and not a scantily clad model in sight :))

Cheers

Vogon

inq.serge
15-03-2007, 19:30

QFT

Back to topic.

I wrestled (Vale Tudo training) a couple of times with a chick who realy looked khornate. Damn she was strong, and 2 heads taller then me. She almost hit my face with a knee. She wasn't that fast (unlike typical fantasy females), but she was strong as hell (unlike typical fantasy females). (Wonder where's she's now).

If there where a khornate lady, then she'd look like her.

I saw a nurgle female model (coverted) in GW Gothenburg (Göteborg) (Or maybe it was in GW Stockholm). I almost wommited, never seen so much fat and hang-brests on a model.

I maybe'll make a collection of 4 sketches called "Women of Chaos" with my ideas of how they look. Good idea?

Talonz
15-03-2007, 19:35
why don't people put "women" (models with breasts, essentially) in chaos armies of other alignments?

Why stop there? I think women are under represented in general, empire and brettonia could use some female warriors for instance. Which reminds me, I need to pick up an archive sigmarite sister for my army warrior priest...

Bleeding messiah
15-03-2007, 19:44
Slaanesh isn't about "sex" though. It is about the destruction of natural human morals, the thought of the power you could weild without being bound by the laws of others. I do think that most of the posts in this topic are pretty idiotic though.

inq.serge
15-03-2007, 19:51
Brets knights are male only.

Other armies could have females.

And what stops women over 45 joining the armoured forces in most fantasy armie? They can't get more children anyway, so why not fight?

And the reason all witches are female (According to witchhunters) is that when a human becomes a witch, then, if female, she becomes a witch, and if male, he becomes a woman, and then witch. So all witches are eighter female or transvestites who became female.
The Malleu Malificarum (SP) might say something else (That Feminus comes from the word Fe Minus (Low Faith)), but the Malleus Malificarum was proclaimed wrong by the inquisition, and banned by the church. (So don't trust it, since witchhunters neighter trusted it nor used it.)

Onisuzume
15-03-2007, 20:04
Agreed.

Bloodsplattered platemail bikini-clad woman with a big axe/sword screaming "Blood for the Blood Goddess! Skulls for the throne of Khorina!" would definitly be scary. (Yes, I took some artistic license at that)

I saw a nurgle female model (coverted) in GW Gothenburg (Göteborg) (Or maybe it was in GW Stockholm). I almost wommited, never seen so much fat and hang-brests on a model.
One reason why women should *not* worship nurgle.

Just like all soldiers in WWI were male.(which I rather doubt, history is littered with women who tried to pass off as a guy so they could join the army)
There's even one in Blackadder. (gotta love that show, and oddly, Blackadder is the only who notices it.)

Chiron
15-03-2007, 20:17
Wrong. Feminism is about gaining equality for all, and as the oppressed and unequal gender is female, calling the movement/ideology feminism works just fine thanks.

that was its intention, unfortunately the feminist movements slid over to the extreme side and bears little relation to the movement championed in the 60's

*flees warseer police*

anyway, female models with large boobs in warhammer fantasy, great idea. The problem with models though is how do you represent a woman with small boobs without it looking like a really odd man, so its far easier to just emphasise the boobs and hope for the best.

Joewrightgm
15-03-2007, 20:19
If there were a guideline of how a 'normal' fantasy female soldier models should be done, it would be elf (all flavors) spear troops. the female torsos are scattered through the sprues, allowing you to create a more interesting unit that is fitting to the character of the race they represent.

If GW did a model for chaos that was female, they probably wouldn't go too far wrong if they took the look of those models and 'marauderized/chaosified' them.

@inp.serge: I was in tae kwon do, and a woman that was little less than half my height (i'm 6'4) booted me in the side of my head during sparring, and was quite capable of snapping my wrist like a twig if she wanted to. Khorne worshipper if I'd ever fought one.:skull:

Chaos: the equal opportunity employer.

Stouty
15-03-2007, 20:45
anyway, female models with large boobs in warhammer fantasy, great idea. The problem with models though is how do you represent a woman with small boobs without it looking like a really odd man, so its far easier to just emphasise the boobs and hope for the best.

Just commenting on sculpting really but you'd be surprised how much you can do. Firstly the general body silhouette is a lot different as is the facial structure. It's not all that hard to have reasonably well proportioned female models, especially when you consider the size of the faces.

Par un example (franglais deliberate) take the mordhiem girl whose in a strop. From a distance you can tell it's a she regardless of the clothes or lack of breasts, and that's ignoring the pony tail. The face has a clearly female structure to it.

And what stops women over 45 joining the armoured forces in most fantasy armie? They can't get more children anyway, so why not fight?

Old and weak. Best put to use acting as a matriarch helping the family than on a battleground. (I'm not a sexist BTW, just stating facts)

Chaos, dwarfs and elves are the only races I can see employing women in war (lizardmen? OG?). I don't doubt that there would be sects of women that would fight the world over but as part of the normal militaries? Probably not.

Chaos do have oodles of potential, I would really love to see a nurgalite woman mini, would properly creep out loads of people.

Finaly, wrong game completely but in 40k there was a woman who joined khorne, in storm of iron. Quite liked the concept really, even if it was a bit crudely done.

dominic_carrillo
15-03-2007, 21:26
elves use female soldiers because they are a dying race, further proof of the whole childbirth thing.
but i would like to see more female miniatures in warhammer. GW doesnt make a ton, but other companies sure do. Why do you guys think that it is? are they trying to appeal to kids and women rather than just hairy nerds? discuss.

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2007, 21:40
To begin on-topic, I think that Chaos is one of the few armies in WFB that should have more women represented in its ranks. The human armies are too misogynist! :p

i think what this boils down to is the fantasies that men have about women. we want them to be tough and powerful, but also beautiful and sexy. and whats wrong with that?

Nothing, but you can be beautiful and sexy and be wearing plate mail - all at the same time! Frankly, I'm bored of fantasy women wearing Armour of Sexy +1. It's dull. It's uninteresting. I refer people to Matt Bayne's Knights of the Shroud (http://www.girlamatic.com/comics/kots.php) for some fantasy women who don't wear Armour of Sexy +1, yet remain beautiful.

Strength and beauty doesn't have to mean a huge sword and larger breasts. Have some imagination!

general steiner ... Feminism has Totally lost its direction. It is about steal power and NOT sharing I do not know what world you live in

The real one, unlike you, clearly. As an active committee member of the London School of Economics and Political Science's Student Union's Feminist Society, and a (gasp) man to boot, I can happily tell you that modern feminists are not raving man-hating psychopaths. Apart from Valerie Solanis and her SCUM Manifesto, there haven't been that many loonies either, to be honest. Feminism is not, and never has been, about 'stealing' power from men. It is about gaining equality for all, and ending the inequality and oppression that is ingrained in societies across the world. It is not right that women should be maligned, abused, attacked, derided, insulted, and so on just because they're women. If it was the other way around, I would happily call myself a masculinist. It's not. So I'm a feminist.

that was its intention, unfortunately the feminist movements slid over to the extreme side and bears little relation to the movement championed in the 60's

Urm... nooo... not sure what history of feminism you're looking at, but it's inaccurate and bears little relation to the reality. :)

...anyway ... The problem with models though is how do you represent a woman with small boobs without it looking like a really odd man, so its far easier to just emphasise the boobs and hope for the best.

Er. I refer you to Hasslefree, Shadowforge, Ground Zero Games (ESPECIALLY their Stargrunt range) and Wargames Foundry, not to mention Perry Miniatures, architectural models, and Redoubt Enterprises. Then there's Old Glory, Dixon, and many other manufacturers who all do a pretty stellar job of representing women without going "LOL it's Lola Ferrari in combat gear!" Also, what Stouty said. :)

Chiron
15-03-2007, 21:43
Urm... nooo... not sure what history of feminism you're looking at, but it's inaccurate and bears little relation to the reality. :)

its more of an opinion based on the amount of stupid man ads and constant digs at men being useless in the media combined with a Germaine Greer quote :p

nice webcomic btw

inq.serge
15-03-2007, 21:48
But does anyone want to see MY pics of how female Chaos warriors should look?

Vogon
15-03-2007, 21:57
Yeah go for it.

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2007, 22:00
its more of an opinion based on the amount of stupid man ads and constant digs at men being useless in the media combined with a Germaine Greer quote :p

nice webcomic btw

Haha! Fair enough. :p It is a nice webcomic. Well worth a read.

But does anyone want to see MY pics of how female Chaos warriors should look?

Yus please. :)

Aelyn
15-03-2007, 22:15
SoB, like the Escher gang seem strange to me. Like it's ok to let women into the armies/gangs, but they've got their own separate "special" army/gang.
Fair point, I actually meant in terms of how they look - they're clearly female without being OMG BOOBIES! but wasn't very clear in how I said it.

In game terms, it's a little strange, but in model terms I'm happy.

squiggoth
16-03-2007, 00:48
Not to say that a seemingly harmless woman couldn't be really, really hard/breath fire/turn into horrible monster at will, etc.

There's the novel "Plague Daemon", where ...

*SPOILER!*

... a Nurgle Daemon Prince disguises/transforms himself as an Estalian Sister of Sigmar (or something like that ... a good-looking nun anyway), and he fools the main characters for almost the entire novel before coming out of the maggoty closet and turning twelve foot tall and smelly and throwing bile all over the place and stuff like that.

gorenut
16-03-2007, 00:53
Honestly, if you want to represent women in a Chaos army.. for the most part you'd probably only be able to tell if they took their helmets off. Just because we see fantasy art portraying female armor with full buxom shape, doesn't mean thats how armor was made. For the most part, it'd just be a single large plate over the entire chest.

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 01:01
Honestly, if you want to represent women in a Chaos army.. for the most part you'd probably only be able to tell if they took their helmets off.

Marauders? Witches, sorceresses, wise women, seers, knights, lightly armoured troops, daemons, etc etc.

Chaos armour takes the shape of the wearer. It's likely to be a smaller suit and almost certainly going to have a fencing-vest style breast plate, or at the least a ( shape to take account of the different chest shape.

Alternatively you could have classic-style amazons, who are missing a breast. And so on. Chaos is chaos. It won't conform to standard medieval armour styles. ;)

Alathir
16-03-2007, 01:13
I am also sick and tired of every single female character in fantasy worlds wearing some metal bikini and thinking that thats a good thing to wear into full scale battle.

Jesus christ, I wish fantasy designers would get some originality... WE WONT BUY FEMALE MODELS IF THEY ARE MORE SEXUALLY APPEALING! THEY ARE JUST MODELS. Sex sells yes, but not in every medium! If sex sells stuff to you in this hobby, then that's very wierd/sad.

So yes, I would love to see a strong willed, skilled female character who looked like she was going to an actual war and not a photoshoot for Sports Illustrated.

Dread Lime
16-03-2007, 01:24
Not all of the Followers of Chaos are warriors. Some are prophets, cultists and sorcerers. A few are mysterious figures who appear, carry out whatever task their patron has instructed them to do and then vanish as mysteriously as they appeared. Regardless, Chaos does as it pleases, and there's no way to predict to who or what the gods will grant their favor.

Einholt
16-03-2007, 01:47
I agree with people that say there should be more female models, and they shouldn't all be the exaggerated kind we have right now. BUt there are some reasons for the way its structured.

1) A despite some of us being open minded the majority of the demographic does not see it out way. So simple as sex sells and yes in this medium too. Not to say people wouldn't buy it, but chances are more will buy it the way it is now.
2) "realistically" in the northern tribes despite the fact there is equal opportunity in chaos the majority of men are stronger, I'm not being sexist but anatomically at peak performance a male berserker would win out over the peak performance female. Chaos can easily change that, but the gods gift those who earn the gifts and the numbers are against women. Of course there can be champions who are female who are so great they rise above it but the majority would be outdone by the males.
3) Why the SoB have their own regiment. Some of us may be open minded and have no issues with equality but what do you think is the opinion of Genetically engineered monster soldiers. Reason why you don't have women in a group of men deep in space on battlefields for a long time is because chances are those men are now distracted and this is just facts of life. Besides it isn't done to be sexist its kind of like male and female change rooms, I highly doubt the women would want those abolished because we're striving for equality.

As far as warriors, marauders, knights. Any melee model designed for strength the more appropriate gender is male. Theres no reason we can't have females as sorcerers. But for some reason they arent even producing those in chaos. Both should be made but at least they can somewhat justify the warriors being male dominated. I would say that the SEXIST aspect of Chaos as it is produced now is not the lack of women across all other gods. But more so the distinct implication that chaos women are on a majority associated with slaaensh as objects of pleasure, if not objects in the story itself they have been put their as an object for the reader.

gorenut
16-03-2007, 01:47
Marauders? Witches, sorceresses, wise women, seers, knights, lightly armoured troops, daemons, etc etc.

Chaos armour takes the shape of the wearer. It's likely to be a smaller suit and almost certainly going to have a fencing-vest style breast plate, or at the least a ( shape to take account of the different chest shape.

Alternatively you could have classic-style amazons, who are missing a breast. And so on. Chaos is chaos. It won't conform to standard medieval armour styles. ;)

I should have specified. I was speaking on behalf of Chaos warriors and Knights. I don't think on the grand scale of things, there will be a significant difference to have different armor represented on the battlefield in rank and file troops. UNless ofcourse you're talking about individual characters. We both know height alone/scale is not very well reprsented in Warhammer.

Palatine Katinka
16-03-2007, 04:06
I believe the Liber Chaotica: Khorne mentions an entirely female band of Khorne worshippers but it has been a while since I read that. I would like to see women in more of the regiments in WFB and a new Marauder sprue with, say, one in four/two in five models being female would be cool and an opportunity to have less beef-cake guys as well!

Background wise, the Sisters are entirely female because the Ecclesiarchy is banned from having "men under arms" and the Inquisition allowed this pedantry to pass as long as the Sisters became the militant wing of the Ordo Hereticus as well. Escher have a genetic defect that makes the males in the House small and weak. These are, of course, excuses to make a range of models with a theme of being female. What seems strange to me is not the entirely female forces but rather the entirely male forces. Cadian Regiments should include women and teenagers (of both genders) but all the models look like they are men in their 40's!

Female cultists are more feasible, though still less likely, due to the restriction of women of the era.

In the Warhammer world, particularly in the Empire you don’t see women admitted to the colleges of magic (or at least I don’t know of any) so those that do have the gift are more likely to turn to less than official sources of learning, this makes them in my opinion prime targets for Tzeentch cults.

Women in the Empire don't seem to have the social restrictions that women in the equivalent real world time did. Check out Age of Reckoning and the Blood on the Reik art book and you'll see plenty of female Wizards in the Empire as well as Warrior Priestesses. Times seem to have changed since the persecution of the Sisters of Sigmar in Mordhiem.

As to Chuck Norris, he'd be nails. Check out how many people it took to defeat him in The Ultimate Showdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUV91RIJ7Y).

Avaron
16-03-2007, 06:31
real world woman primaraly had problems with some real world religons that considered them often times less important than a good dog.

also no armor should have the stupid molded breasts in plate armor look you allways see. Armor especialy plate is designed to help the weapons slide off of it makeing breasts on armor encorages your opponents sword to slip inbetween them and then into your cheast. if anything like someone said it should be done like fenceing armor but even thats unimportant.

now for female GW models the only ones I have found that arnt sex symbol types are the Gaunts Ghosts models there are a few female Ghosts who actualy look good they look like female soldiers. there hair is a bit long for it but no one would ever confuse the tanith first as being a by the books regiment.

dominic_carrillo
16-03-2007, 09:28
I am also sick and tired of every single female character in fantasy worlds wearing some metal bikini and thinking that thats a good thing to wear into full scale battle.

Jesus christ, I wish fantasy designers would get some originality... WE WONT BUY FEMALE MODELS IF THEY ARE MORE SEXUALLY APPEALING! THEY ARE JUST MODELS. Sex sells yes, but not in every medium! If sex sells stuff to you in this hobby, then that's very wierd/sad.

So yes, I would love to see a strong willed, skilled female character who looked like she was going to an actual war and not a photoshoot for Sports Illustrated.

im sorry. but whether you like it or not, sex sells. Always

Jedi152
16-03-2007, 10:04

Other armies could have females.
Not officially, but it's stated in the RPG stuff, and a few other sources, that a surprising amount of knights are women is disguise. One story tells of a brave and noble lord, who is feared throughout the land, and is the envy of all the knights around - his only secret is that he is a she!

Sadly, as Vogon and dominic said, sex does sell. Like it or not, lots of people in this hobby are the stereotypical geek who really finds models like the daemonettes and stuff really sexy...

Blood on the Reik is good - it shows a large number of women dressed very demurely, and look no less feminine.

inq.serge
16-03-2007, 13:52
Not officially, but it's stated in the RPG stuff, and a few other sources, that a surprising amount of knights are women is disguise.

Why then convert, just say that some knights are females in disguise.

Briohmar
16-03-2007, 15:09

*flees warseer police*

Actually, I find that the Sisters Repentia, which I use as marauders with great swords, (most) Sisters of Sigmar, and the amazons, both old and new, do very well as representations of female fighters, and there's not above a c cup in the lot, excpet for that awful Sister of battle champion for the Sisters repentia, you all know the one I'm talking about, two whips and a madonna cone bra.

Jedi152
16-03-2007, 15:10
Why then convert, just say that some knights are females in disguise.
You're right, i was just pointing it out.

DesertDirge
16-03-2007, 15:15
There are plenty of women in the Warhammer world!! Amazons,Witch Elves,some High elves and Wood Elves, demonettes!

There is no need for more in other armies.. Empire wouldn't higher them, unless there is an female which hunter or something. They are already rpresented enough in the Elves. In Bret society they are the magic users.. females are not KNIGHTS!!! Chaos... as previously stated.. those are the best of the best (covert models if you will but leave it at that)

..and honestly do you want to truley see Dwarf,skaven,orc or OGRE females..heck no!!! :)

spevna
16-03-2007, 16:21
For me it works both ways. If, for example, I am going to buy a male barbarian model I want him to be a brick **** house, mountain of muscle, Arnold look alike with long hair and a BIG axe. If I am buying a female barbarian then I want her to have big breasted, bucket of sexiness, Bridget Nielsen lookalike with long hair and a BIG axe. I just want them to have the exagerated features of their gender. I want the men to look manly and the women to look womanly. Barbarians, marauders and the like should be about animal appeal as it fits the image.

If you are buying spellcasters, wizards or other such miniatures then it would just look stupid to put them in anything revealing. I wouldnt want to see my spellcasters running around in skimpy fur underwera regardless of gender.

Bikini clad female halflings?? Thanks but not thanks.

Vogon
16-03-2007, 16:22
..and honestly do you want to truley see Dwarf,skaven,orc or OGRE females..heck no!!! :)
Well Dwarf and Ogre females exist as models for WHFB and Dwarf, Orc, Goblins and others in Bloodbowl

Dwarf

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0205009&orignav=301116

Ogre

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060213013&orignav=13

Blood Bowl

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301148&orignav=300808

Have fun

ZeroTwentythree
16-03-2007, 16:33

Well, in terms of skaven, they all look female already.

If you look at male and female rats, they pretty much look identical except for the huge dangly bits on the males (which none of the skaven have.)

:evilgrin:

(I can't believe I'm even taking part in this discussion...)

17-03-2007, 06:29
there is a orc cheerleader for blood bowl.

dominic_carrillo
17-03-2007, 07:56
Sadly, as Vogon and dominic said, sex does sell. Like it or not, lots of people in this hobby are the stereotypical geek who really finds models like the daemonettes and stuff really sexy...

Blood on the Reik is good - it shows a large number of women dressed very demurely, and look no less feminine.

its not about being a geek, its about being a straight male. i like boobs, i love and respect women and i love gaming.

kruzkal
17-03-2007, 11:24
GW does produce female models. Witch Hunters (http://uk.games-workshop.com/witchhunters/) anyone?

I think the key issue is simple. There sales of female models in addition to male models does not justify the cost of production for both. Simple as that. They have enough trouble as it is justifying the production of beautiful females let alone ugly ones.

18-03-2007, 02:28
kruzkal- you could use the sigmarite sisters from midinheim (sp) game. If I ever do a DOW or Empire army I will be using them (empire as flagalents from DOw dwarf warriors or somthing)

wallacer
19-03-2007, 02:24
If I was going to have a female general for my Chaos army it would be this lass:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/wallacer/ApostateofDarkness.jpg

Joewrightgm
19-03-2007, 03:08
see, that's nice, not really sexually explicit model that says "hi, I'm hear to pull your head off with my hands," that could well represent a chaos champion.

Tanith Ghost
19-03-2007, 04:34
Daemon Princess anyone?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/images/CHA005_2.jpg

(Not GW model.)

Where can one aquire such a model(if one even can)? This is exactly what I'm looking for for a Druchii anointed as the lord choice, a counterpart to her consort the human chaos exalted champion.

Jedi152
19-03-2007, 09:27
its not about being a geek, its about being a straight male. i like boobs, i love and respect women and i love gaming.
I love all those things, but do not find the idea of daemons with boobs and barbarian woman with swords and chestplates particularly sexy.

Alathir
19-03-2007, 10:17
im sorry. but whether you like it or not, sex sells. Always

Well when you put it that way, you are right! Who am I to have ever doubted your cunning intellectual prowess?!

I love all those things, but do not find the idea of daemons with boobs and barbarian woman with swords and chestplates particularly sexy.

Aye, I completely agree.

Show me two models, one of a sexy, sassy demon women with a plate mail bikini and of a male warrior, I will undoubtedly go with the male model simply because it makes more sense to wear armour into a battle.

Jedi knows what he is talking about.

Jedi152
19-03-2007, 11:26
I'm so tempted to sig that ... :D

kruzkal
19-03-2007, 12:46
Where can one aquire such a model(if one even can)? This is exactly what I'm looking for for a Druchii anointed as the lord choice, a counterpart to her consort the human chaos exalted champion.

If you live in the UK, here (http://www.tritex-games.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=148&products_id=1937&osCsid=b3b6bdb6e1b65d327d9cbea14fc0b902)or here (http://fantasy-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=41_45&products_id=129). , Europe here (http://www.freebooterminiatures.com/), US here (https://www.fantization.com/cgi-bin/cart/mSHOP4.pl/SID=F3-200703007476/page=Freebooter_Catalog1.html), anywhere else, I am not sure. Google for Freebooter Miniatures.

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:16
Hasslefree do a good model of a female knight on foot - Tiriel - which I'm going to use as a Daemonhunter in 40K with the Sanctuary power. Why? There's a version of her praying... :D

Slightly off topic, but hey, it's a woman in plate armour.

Sai-Lauren
19-03-2007, 14:40
Baring a few Decadent noble women who have the means to indulge in the more extreme experiences I don’t really see the average woman (in the fantasy setting of Warhammer) becoming involved with Slaanesh. Most (not all but most) people get introduced to Slaanesh through sex cults and progress into full chaos worship from there. Not something I really see happening in the villages of the empire where a women is a *willing* participant.

Slaanesh is not just about sex.

Although what about the girls of a village being lured to a seemingly old and abandoned shrine by a fawn (actually a small intelligent beastman) - imitating dieties like Pan, whilst the particularly puritanical preacher in the local church doesn't allow women through the doors?

Edit: Gen Steiner, have you seen the 40mm Tirel yet? Possibly Kev's best sculpt yet...

Vogon
19-03-2007, 16:28
Slaanesh is not just about sex.
I never said it was, I said that most get introcuced to slaanesh through sex cults. Slaanesh is all about taking experience to obsessive levels, all experiences, there are obviously lots of other routes to worship of Slaneesh other than sex it's just that sex is the easiest one to mass produce.

I remember one where there was a noble who was obsessed with tasting and experiencing all foods and this was his "hook" by which he was snared.

Have fun

Vogon

Bombot
19-03-2007, 16:52
However not all female miniatures conform to the stereotypical geek fantasy take a look at this one

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php?photo_id=668&gallery_id=44

Uh, do they have hairspray in the Warhammer world?

The other mini is cool though.

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 18:02
Uh, do they have hairspray in the Warhammer world?

Not hairspray, but honey, wax, and even clay have all been used to do the same thing before the spray was invented. :)

Bombot
19-03-2007, 18:17
Not hairspray, but honey, wax, and even clay have all been used to do the same thing before the spray was invented. :)

Reasonable point, but that's a hairspray style. Wax and honey don't really give the accursed 'big hair' look!

Admittedly my knowledge of clay-assisted hairstyles is limited...

gORCUS
19-03-2007, 19:52
So you guys must be against chaos marauders as they have outlandishly big muscles and go into combat virtually armorless (shoulder pads and belt buckles don't count).:D

BloodiedSword
20-03-2007, 15:35
Going back to the topic of modelling Female chaos champion that’s *not* Slaanesh then I think this miniature would make a great Khorne Lord (lady?)

http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php?photo_id=889&gallery_id=47

Sorry to pull this back but this is awesome. Isn't that supposed to be some kind of female equivalent to Kaleb? She even has the Dreadaxe...

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 15:43
Reasonable point, but that's a hairspray style. Wax and honey don't really give the accursed 'big hair' look!

Admittedly my knowledge of clay-assisted hairstyles is limited...

Failing any of that, there's always magic... :p

So you guys must be against chaos marauders as they have outlandishly big muscles and go into combat virtually armorless (shoulder pads and belt buckles don't count).:D

I would be, except for the long tradition of idiots who went into combat naked. Why, just look at the Germanic tribes who annihilated three Roman Legions in Tuetowald during the Varian Disaster, or the Viking Beserkers...

ZeroTwentythree
20-03-2007, 16:27

Well, yes. But that's mainly because they just look really dumb.

Also while the big muscles might be useful in combat, the stereotypical huge breasts and tiny waist aren't as useful. (Well, except maybe as a distraction.) :p

I would be, except for the long tradition of idiots who went into combat naked. Why, just look at the Germanic tribes who annihilated three Roman Legions in Tuetowald during the Varian Disaster, or the Viking Beserkers...

The former, IIRC, was an ambush by light troops from cover on an unprepared marching enemy used to fighting in tight formation.

The latter belong more to myth and legend, but that does seem appropriate for a fantasy game.

Sai-Lauren
20-03-2007, 16:41
Well, yes. But that's mainly because they just look really dumb.

Also while the big muscles might be useful in combat, the stereotypical huge breasts and tiny waist aren't as useful. (Well, except maybe as a distraction.) :p

I remember that Thrud strip with Lymara... :D

"Oh look, I've dropped my sword" *Bends over*.

The former, IIRC, was an ambush by light troops from cover on an unprepared marching enemy used to fighting in tight formation.

The latter belong more to myth and legend, but that does seem appropriate for a fantasy game.

The gauls also had some warriors who fought naked.

For the earlier question about hair, it was mainly things like waxes, animal fats (the word gel come from gelatine ;)) and tree resins that were used.

As for the original question, armour is actually quite restrictive if you're not used to wearing it - it may be down to personal choice, a warrior of either gender may feel that armour restricts their movements too much in combat, and rely more on agility and superior weapon skills to prevent being hit in the first place, rather than relying on armour to stop the blow - or is a sign of cowardice (Khorne perhaps?), that you expect to be hit and are trying to avoid being hurt.

What armour they do wear could be more on the lines of a trophy from an enemy, or something from an ancestor.

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 17:10

The Germans were led by an ex-Roman Auxiliary, too, which also helped. However, the fact remains that the Germans, half-naked and with wickerwork shields, exterminated every last man in three legions. Ambuscade or not - nudity in war is not uncommon...!

Well, there was the chap at Stamford Bridge at least. He lasted until some enterprising Anglo-Saxon stabbed him in the groin from under the bridge. :D

As for the original question, armour is actually quite restrictive if you're not used to wearing it - it may be down to personal choice, a warrior of either gender may feel that armour restricts their movements too much in combat, and rely more on agility and superior weapon skills to prevent being hit in the first place, rather than relying on armour to stop the blow - or is a sign of cowardice (Khorne perhaps?), that you expect to be hit and are trying to avoid being hurt.

While all that is true, it gets bloody boring when "al wimminz r fast n agile lol". Where are the plate-armoured psychopaths? At least the Elf citizen-soldiers have the right idea. Usually. Witch Elves and Wardancers excepted.

On that pointy-eared note, anyone remember the Maidenguard?

monkeyboyalpha
20-03-2007, 18:45
Why should it be impossible for a woman to be in a position of power in a chaos army?

Does Slaanesh appear as a female god too? Slaanesh also appears as a half male/half female god, and also androdgenous (sp). Maybe Slaanesh appears to some followers as female and their tribe might honour women and they may be treated as equals and have the same skills and abilites as the men in battle.

If Slaanesh is secretly supporting a female warrior, I am sure, with the power of a god in her, she will be more than a match for any male warrior?!!?

People are thinking way to one dimensionaly here, after all, in the real world, the Hindu (is it Hinduu?) religion has a god represented by an elephant?!?? It's hardly a leap to accept that in a fantasy creation a god can appear as a woman, or that there are powerful female warriors...

I am moving onto chaos (Slaanesh) when funds allow, and indeed, my lord and one of my hero class characters (maybe the sorcerer) will be female!!

Slaanesh is the god of desires, excesses, not just the god of sex, so in the warhammer world women of the Empire and Bretonnia don't desire things? other men? another womans position of privilage with her wealthy husband??? Eh??? Come on, be real.

Hey, I suppose even the women of Elves can fall to such internal longings.

You all make it sound like the women of the Warhammer world just walk around silent and unliving, like back drops to stories about men having big fights with big swords..... Bizarre!

MBA

SlaaneshSlave
20-03-2007, 19:16
The whole "Women = Slaanesh = Sex" thing is tired, boring, incorrect, immature and pathetic.
So, you are calling me "tired, boring, incorrect, immature and pathetic".

I take exception to "incorrect".

dominic_carrillo
20-03-2007, 19:29

then thou art lost, my young Padawan.

Chiron
20-03-2007, 22:42

or he's in control of his hormones

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2007, 16:52
or he's in control of his hormones

Exactly. Lost to reason and logic! Woe! Sorrow! :(

Chiron
21-03-2007, 18:26
Exactly. Lost to reason and logic! Woe! Sorrow! :(

If logic and reason means you dont find small models with large boobs sexy then sign me up!

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2007, 18:30
If logic and reason means you dont find small models with large boobs sexy then sign me up!

You may need to alter your wording there... :p May I suggest "toy soldiers"? :angel:

Chiron
22-03-2007, 00:00

You may need to alter your wording there... :p May I suggest "toy soldiers"? :angel:

Both interpritations are accurate, all you need is a handful :angel:

SAMAS
22-03-2007, 23:08
Both interpritations are accurate, all you need is a handful :angel: Now that's subjective. *insert painfully un-PC and slightly dirty remark here*

Anyways, back on the subject.

IIRC, Trollslayer(the first Gotrek & Felix novel) had a female leader of a Chaos Warband in one chapter, and I believe she had the Mark of Khorne, too. And of course, there's Ulrika, who could easily count as a Hero-level character for a Kislev army.

Yes, you can find females on battlefields probably all over the Warhammer World, but they'd be rather rare in many armies, simply because they don't have the same levels/types of gender equality in their cultures as we aspire to. Even in a Marauder society, a woman would have to have an irrepressible warrior's spirit to be allowed to go into battle.

Now a female Sorceror, on the other hand...

But as for models, Males and Females generally have different body types, and unless a unit was entirely female(or Elven), it's generally not worth it to make both male and female parts on the same sprues. Even in Mongoose's Starship Troopers game, which has very normal-looking female soldiers, they're still put into their own box set.

Image wise, yes it is possible to have cool-looking female warriors without going the chainmail bikini route. Saber (http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/images/fatestay/unlimited_saber.jpg) from Fate/stay night is a prime example.