PDA

View Full Version : Worst/most annoying character from a video game

Punk_in_Drublic
26-07-2005, 18:58
Carth Onassis from Kotor 1.

Later,

-Punk

(Yeah, a rip-off of the quote thread, but worth a shot anyway.)

x-esiv-4c
26-07-2005, 19:05
Carth is a bit of a woman but Maxi from the soul-Calibur series really pisses me off, he's a complete "Shim" or "WooMAN". Pisses me off with his damn dildo nunchuks.

The Super-mute that you can recruit in Fallout 2 ( Marcus? ). When armed with a minigun, the concept of friendly fire is totally lost on him.

Shuya
26-07-2005, 19:19
hmmm Xu Chu from the Dynasty Warriors series, just because your fat dosent mean you have to be retarded.

I tried playing as him today on DW5, i put down the controller after hearing his voice over in the intro.... for shame.

Ohh and The guy you find on the mining ship in KOTOR2 who flys for you and plays pazakk, he just seemed like another Carth Onasi, who i also hate.

Asher
26-07-2005, 19:39
In most RPGs there eventually is a thing that looks uncanny simmlar to a pokemon. It gets worse if the said thing actually can speak or show other human behavior. Alternatively the annoyance is given humanoid form but less brain.

Bubble Ghost
26-07-2005, 19:50
It was, is, and always will be Diddy Kong (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Drizzt240/diddy.jpg). Someone got paid to come up with that. And someone else failed to sack them for it.

Venomizer
26-07-2005, 20:50
I have two that annoy me mainly

1: Bastila Shan - KOTOR 1

listening to her was like torture, not too mention she annoying and not that great in a fight when you got your saber

2: Tidus - Final Fantasy X

I've never found a games character who I wanted to beat into oblivion, until I came across this meg ryan look-a-like, useless in a fight and useless overall - generally just a waste of pixels

Chuffy
26-07-2005, 21:43
Squall - Shut up you emo loser.

Master Chief - Shut up, nobody cares if you need a weapon.

Tidus - Bad enough the game had to have voices, why did they need to put his voice in there?

Zell - God shut up, with your hotdogs and your stupid hair and tatoos and-

You know what? Every character from FF8 and FF10. I hate them.

Some guy (UK)
26-07-2005, 21:45
raiden (spelling????) in metal gear solid 2. nuff said

C ya, Some Guy (UK)

wilting_laughter
26-07-2005, 21:45
Fargoth in Morrowind.

Arnizipal
26-07-2005, 21:56
Jaheira in Baldur's Gate 1 - Always nagging when you got over 15 reputation.

Zack in Dead or Alive - He just plain annoys me.

Chuffy
26-07-2005, 22:10
raiden (spelling????) in metal gear solid 2. nuff said

C ya, Some Guy (UK)

Ah-ha I knew I'd forgotten someone!

nikolai7
26-07-2005, 22:19
Irvine.. cait sith.. raiden (thanks for the reminder) that stupid green thing in ff9 quina WHY!!!!

I will not have a bad word said against Squall.. he is awesome.. you just dont understand :p

TenTailedCat
26-07-2005, 22:21
I like Raiden, he owns Snake
Like Squall too, and Quina. Anyone who doesn't like Quina takes themelves too seriously.

I don't like Ultimecia from FFVIII, I had no reason to hate him/her/it as it only appeard at the end with no real explanation. Same with Necron at the end of FFIX

Oh, and Fukuhara from Shenmue, complete and utter idiot.

Chuffy
26-07-2005, 22:22
Irvine.. cait sith.. raiden (thanks for the reminder) that stupid green thing in ff9 quina WHY!!!!

I will not have a bad word said against Squall.. he is awesome.. you just dont understand :p

What because he's emo?

CRAWLLLIIINNG IN MY SKIIIIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEAAAALLLLL.

He's no schizophrenic, huge sword wielding super soldier like Cloud Strife.

Neither is he Cid Highwind, they best character in a game aside from Duke Nukem and Gordon Freeman.

The Fallen Angel
26-07-2005, 22:35
Gordon Freeman purely because if a bloke like that actually did any of the stuff he does he would probably have multiple asthma attacks and/or have his mum come running out teling him to be careful of his allergies. I mean look at him the bloke looks like he spends all his time on www.warseer.com!!!!!

Chuffy
26-07-2005, 22:37
Gordon Freeman purely because if a bloke like that actually did any of the stuff he does he would probably have multiple asthma attacks and/or have his mum come running out teling him to be careful of his allergies. I mean look at him the bloke looks like he spends all his time on www.warseer.com!!!!!

I think thats the whole point of Gordon Freeman.

Sorry if he isn't as 'cool' as CJ and Master Chief.

The Fallen Angel
26-07-2005, 22:40
I know thats the point, but that doesn't stop him from being annoying. Especially as I play games to escape reality not to walk around as a digitised version of my brown nylon y-front wearing friends.

FPS characters should be made to wear vests, have big muscles and speak with a southern drawl. Infact if I ever make PM theat will be the first law I pass.

Strikerkc
26-07-2005, 22:48
Carth Onassis from Kotor 1.

That and Scorth from Republic Commando, hmmm, same guy now that I think about it :rolleyes:.

Kiro
26-07-2005, 23:00
What because he's emo?

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Simply. Brilliant.

:p

Cade
26-07-2005, 23:36
WHY had nobody voted for Slippy Toad from Starwing?

THE worst video game character ever.

Shuya
27-07-2005, 00:06
imoen? from Baldurs gate, the female wizardthief. so whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy

The pestilent 1
27-07-2005, 00:17
I know thats the point, but that doesn't stop him from being annoying. Especially as I play games to escape reality not to walk around as a digitised version of my brown nylon y-front wearing friends.

FPS characters should be made to wear vests, have big muscles and speak with a southern drawl. Infact if I ever make PM theat will be the first law I pass.

ah but you wont will you :)
see. me. im promisin untold acts of violence against those who would oppose geekhood, and immortality for all Warseer members.
atleast show some bravado in your promises before you break them. :evilgrin:

and yes. Slippy toad ranks as most-annoying creation.
ever

Arnizipal
27-07-2005, 01:02
imoen? from Baldurs gate, the female wizardthief. so whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy
Dude... rules to good posting. Seriously... :eyebrows:

I liked Imoen as Wizard/Thief. At least she wasn't so awfully cheery as in Baldur's Gate 1.

x-esiv-4c
27-07-2005, 01:15
I hate the righty-squiggly one in tetris...always screws me up.

Hmm...we need a communist tetris, all square blocks.

Shuya
27-07-2005, 01:18
Hmm...we need a communist tetris, all square blocks.

Sigged.

Hmmm who else irritates me. Ahh Birdo. I Mean dear god who thought up that.

Mr.terminatorbob
27-07-2005, 01:22
WHY had nobody voted for Slippy Toad from Starwing?

THE worst video game character ever.
with you all the way man a pain in the @$$

Nazguire
27-07-2005, 07:44
with you all the way man a pain in the @$$

Slippy is the worlds first transvestite games character. He must hide a dominatrix whip under that jacket as well. The last ones you expect. :cries:

Badgobbla
27-07-2005, 08:49
Jaheira in Baldur's Gate 1 - Always nagging when you got over 15 reputation.

Oh yeah and that crazy, evil dwarf you can pick somewhere in the middle of the map. I once played an evil party and even then he kept on nagging about our 'good' deeds. :rolleyes:

Bubble Ghost
27-07-2005, 13:33
I'd like to add Boo from Baldur's Gate, because the little ********** took up a quick item slot.

Shuya
27-07-2005, 18:30
lol boo, i hated him sooo mutch

ohh and waluigi and daisy, I mean comon whats with the equality :S

hmmmm

Loui from pikmin 2,

hmmmm

The cleric butterfly lady you find in the circus in baldurs gate 2

hmmmmm who else

the red headed knucle fighter and the little summoner in ff9

hairyman
27-07-2005, 19:19
Minsc and Boo. Annoyed the **** out of me.

Eddy in Tekken. :cheese: :cheese:

Nazerth
27-07-2005, 19:32
Another vote in for Slippy from Star Fox. So annoying, so retarded!

Necron from FFIX, I mean, seriously, wtf :wtf:?

Irvine from FF VIII. He just annoyed me, and was completely useless in a fight. Plus his limit sucked if you didn't go out of your way to find his crappy ammo.

Cait Sith from FF VII, also utterly usless. Had the bonus of being really annoying to just look at.

Poshul (that pink dog... thing) from Chrono Cross, annoying, bizarre and retarded. Plus the weird lisp thing it had going on was really dumb. I expect Scooby-Doo from a talking dog, not a lisp!

Another vote for Carth from KotOR, he was just a little bitch. Even when I played light side, I couldn't pretend to like him.

Hmmm, that's all for now, will be back later when my memory kicks in :p

Reinnon
27-07-2005, 19:42
deekin in hordes of the under dark.

in SoU he was funny (reminds me of a school friend i have), then they changed his voice and he became more annoying then a cat having a fit on a black board

Vanus
27-07-2005, 19:50
Slippy is the worlds first transvestite games character. He must hide a dominatrix whip under that jacket as well. The last ones you expect. :cries:

Actually Birdo from the mario series is. Originally appeard in North America's Mario 2 (it was something completely different in Japan, not even a mario game). Back then, people in north america not so much translated the game manuals as....BSed them. Which is how Birdo became a transvestite. Years later, Birdo aparently had "the operation" because no more mention of Birdo being a guy dressing like a girl was ever made, making Birdo the first transgender videogame character as well.

There is a site on this, but I can't seem to find it again at the moment.

Shuya
27-07-2005, 19:55
navi in the zelda games "ill hey listen you!"

ohh and monkeyboy from kessen 3

Arnizipal
27-07-2005, 23:31
Minsc and Boo. Annoyed the **** out of me.

lol boo, i hated him sooo mutch

The cleric butterfly lady you find in the circus in baldurs gate 2

Now you're just posting the first thing that comes to mind...
How can you not like Minsc and/or Boo? :eek: It's sacrilege!

And Aerie was a pretty decent character, maybe a bit confused and naive sometimes, but that's what I liked about her. :)

Bubble Ghost
28-07-2005, 00:17
Now you're just posting the first thing that comes to mind...
How can you not like Minsc and/or Boo? :eek: It's sacrilege!

I already explained - I find Boo to be the second most annoying game character (after Diddy Kong) in existence because the little bastard occupied one of Minsc's quick item slots. In the realms of pointlessly infuriating things, not much comes close to that.

...making Birdo the first transgender videogame character as well.

Strangely enough that would actually be Poison, from Final Fight. Birdo existed before, but Poison's apparent operation came first. You really couldn't make it up.

Shuya
28-07-2005, 00:22
ohh and vega from Street fighter, his moves were impossible to do.

I Hated boo because it made minsc seem more foolish

Mr Evil
28-07-2005, 00:23
Anyone remember that one random NPC you meet in a Baldur's Gate 1 town that just follows you and initiates dialogue every second until he makes you crazy and you attack him? Now that's annoying... His name was Neekin or something along those lines.

Although it's great when he says "Everyone throws rocks at me..."

The pestilent 1
28-07-2005, 00:39
a guy like that appears in the second game aswell.
some git in Trademeet, i personally killed him on my evil run (though i do plan to kill everyone when i get round to it :evilgrin: )

Jaheira annoys the hell out of me, "oh, you cant kill all the harpers, they only tried to petrify you! and burn the rest of your party"
she got kidnapped, and ive yet to find the heart to care about her fate :)

hairyman
28-07-2005, 09:40
I remember that guy in Trademeet.. he was pretty annoying but not even close to how annoying Minsc is. He's the pixel generated personification of every irritating thirteen year old gamers idea of a funny character. He has a *********** hamster as a weapon. I had to kill him. One more cry of "Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes" and I would've chucked my speakers out of the window.

Jaheira was pretty bad, but was nothing compared with Minsc.

Frodo34x
28-07-2005, 13:30
Every character in the Harry Potter games.

Arnizipal
28-07-2005, 14:56
I already explained - I find Boo to be the second most annoying game character (after Diddy Kong) in existence because the little bastard occupied one of Minsc's quick item slots. In the realms of pointlessly infuriating things, not much comes close to that.

Sure, but he was still damn amusing (Minsc that is).

Newt
28-07-2005, 19:16
Jaheira she winned too much, her only good point was that in baldurs gate 2
if you could get her to fall in love with you. She wound give you her harpers pin witch gives full access to the harpers compound.

Lord-Warlock
28-07-2005, 19:57
Personally, I thought Minsc was teh man.

Jaheira and Imoen were both incredibly annoying - but not as much as the wingless winged elf, Aerie or whatever. Her roundeyeness irritated the doodles out of me.

Other "arrrg!"s:

Rosh, from Jedi Academy. Granted he was meant to be annoying, but damn! Someone should get a raise for him.

Kais. Just for the improbability of him - the only time I've seriously wanted to die with a character...

More as I remember them ;)

Karloth Valois
28-07-2005, 20:36
Jaheria and Imoen from Baldurs gate 1&2.

Imoen died fairly quickly in my party in BG1 and there was no way I was gonna ressurect here in a million yearsl. Jaheria is just an annoying whiner who never shuts up, as is aerie from BG2.

Also Val from Far Cry is a pain in the ass, just total eye candy. I feel quite insulted when developers feel the need to ruin a good game by sticking a stupid woman in there for no other reason than for teenagers to look at.

Jesus yeah I am really going to enjoy this game more because of some ditzy babe springing up amid me killing men with guns and blowing vehicles up :wtf:

Flame Boy
29-07-2005, 00:05
The assistant in Theme Park World... It was enough to make you want to drown the little guy in boiling water just to stop his incessant mumbling.

The pestilent 1
29-07-2005, 00:25
Jaheira she winned too much, her only good point was that in baldurs gate 2
if you could get her to fall in love with you. She wound give you her harpers pin witch gives full access to the harpers compound.

killing the harpers does that too :evilgrin:
not that i remember anything of interest there...

oh yes. Aerie.
let us never speak of her again, i am sorely tempted to actually kill her (banished her from my party a while back, kept her because Viconia was having so much fun Taunting her :evilgrin: )

grey_painter
29-07-2005, 01:45
Theres a character in Gothic called Mud that follows you around one of the camps too. He'll follow you out into the wild but as soon as he sees a glint of anyones weapon he runs screaming. Which makes killing him exceedingly difficult unless you trap him in a hut.

Talim from soul calibur is fun to use except for the annoying tendancy she has to apologize. You do not beat the living snot out of someone who is trying to kill you and that say sorry!

Nazguire
29-07-2005, 10:17
Personally, I thought Minsc was teh man.

Jaheira and Imoen were both incredibly annoying - but not as much as the wingless winged elf, Aerie or whatever. Her roundeyeness irritated the doodles out of me.

Other "arrrg!"s:

Rosh, from Jedi Academy. Granted he was meant to be annoying, but damn! Someone should get a raise for him.

Kais. Just for the improbability of him - the only time I've seriously wanted to die with a character...

More as I remember them ;)

Yes, Kais is pretty bad. Read the book and you'll abhor him even more.

Delicious Soy
29-07-2005, 13:07
Rosh, from Jedi Academy. Granted he was meant to be annoying, but damn! Someone should get a raise for him.Dear god, I wanted to disembowel that guy with my lightsaber. Oh wait, I did :evilgrin:

How about Havoc from C&C Renegade? Anymore cliche, and he would've speared Kane with a pipe and told him to "let off some steam"

Vberg
29-07-2005, 13:55
Master Chief, the only way ill by halo 3 is if he dies in some slow agonising way killing of any chance of any other halo games.

Any body from Final Fantasy. Boy those games any the hell out of me. Theres something funamentally wrong when an RPG has you rooting for the bad guys.

The pestilent 1
29-07-2005, 14:06
Dear god, I wanted to disembowel that guy with my lightsaber. Oh wait, I did :evilgrin:

How about Havoc from C&C Renegade? Anymore cliche, and he would've speared Kane with a pipe and told him to "let off some steam"

ah, but he was supposed to be cliche wasnt he :evilgrin:

i mean c'mon, he walks into the bridge after a mission, looks his XO in the eye and says "wheres my medal" :D

Kiro
29-07-2005, 18:04
Master Chief, the only way ill by halo 3 is if he dies in some slow agonising way killing of any chance of any other halo games.

What's the beef with Master Chief?! He doesn't say much, and he doesn't have much of a personality, so how can he so enrage you? :wtf: :eyebrows:

Nazguire
29-07-2005, 21:39
ah, but he was supposed to be cliche wasnt he :evilgrin:

i mean c'mon, he walks into the bridge after a mission, looks his XO in the eye and says "wheres my medal" :D

It doesn't help that the game was naff to start off with :cries:

But I agree with that he was meant to be cliche...

Makaber
30-07-2005, 00:00
Oh god, Aerie. Why'd you have to remind me? I think my protagonist boned her at some time, then dismissed her.

I played Half-Life: Opposing Forces, and had made it to the surface, and was bolting towards the rest of the company and their helicopter to get the hell out of there, and the doors infront of me slowly closing, with G-Man's emotionless face staring back at me from the other side. I hated him a lot at that moment.

Every single Final Fantasy character. You heard me. Every single one. Ever.

Arnizipal
30-07-2005, 00:11
What's the beef with Master Chief?! He doesn't say much, and he doesn't have much of a personality, so how can he so enrage you? :wtf: :eyebrows:
I think this may be what annoys him so:

Master Chief - Shut up, nobody cares if you need a weapon.

That Halo2 commercial may have run a wee bit too long ;)

Chuffy
30-07-2005, 00:17
Partly, but also the fact that he has no personality and is not interesting at all is the main reason. He's just boring and mediocre, did I mention cliche?

nikolai7
30-07-2005, 00:21
What because he's emo?

I think its more "If looks could really kill then my profession would be staring" or maybe even (more likely) "My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won't you kiss me so i die happy"

And yes Squall is awesome because he is emo, but also he has a gunblade and gunblades are cool.

Donald and goofy suck in kingdom hearts, as do all the characters in that game save squall, cloud, sephiroth and jack skellington

bertcom1
30-07-2005, 00:39
Ever played "Arcanum :Steamworks and Magick"
An RPG set in an industrial revolution in a fantasy world.
Its good, but most of your NPC followers complain about attacking people without provocation. Hey, if I have to save the world, things are going to get rough.

Also Fallout. Every single follower, except the dog.
Situation: there is a group of enemies a long way away. You are armed with a sniper rifle. What do you do? Do you shoot the toughest one, to soften them up? Do you shoot the weakest one, reducing their numerical superiority? NO! Of course not! Instead you pull a knife, and rush towards them, thereby blocking the shot of the player, who has a burst weapon easily capable of killing all the enemy group.

Arnizipal
30-07-2005, 16:04
Partly, but also the fact that he has no personality and is not interesting at all is the main reason. He's just boring and mediocre, did I mention cliche?
So is the guy from Doom, Quake, Unreal and 90% of all other shooters out there.
What's your point?

Makaber
30-07-2005, 18:29
Master Chief is cool because he's cock hard and kicks ass in abundance.

Chuffy
30-07-2005, 18:30
So is the guy from Doom, Quake, Unreal and 90% of all other shooters out there.
What's your point?

You read my point.

Whats your point?

BorisGT
30-07-2005, 18:31
Well I was playing this game on my friends Mac the other day. It was called 'Photoshop'. The character I hated most was the little panel of buttons you can click on to do stuff. I really hated that guy.

grey_painter
30-07-2005, 21:31
Not as bad as the paperclip in Microsoft's Word game. Always getting in my way...

BorisGT
30-07-2005, 21:53
At least there are other games for Windows....

Arnizipal
30-07-2005, 22:30
You read my point.

Whats your point?
That Master Chief can't be the worst game character if he's only as cliché as all the other main characters in a shooter.
At least MC has some background and you can actually hear him talk. The Doom guy could be a mute for all we know* and the entire plot to the game is "escape with your life"

*Note: I haven't played Doom III, so the guy may talk in that game

Master Chief is cool because he's cock hard and kicks ass in abundance. That's an interesting typo :eyebrows:

As for annoying game characters: how about that little indistructible guy on the third island in Black & White? Always nagging and taunting you to kill him... but you couldn't. Even if you fed him to your creater it would just poop him back out. :eek:

Chuffy
30-07-2005, 22:42
That Master Chief can't be the worst game character if he's only as cliché as all the other main characters in a shooter.
At least MC has some background and you can actually hear him talk. The Doom guy could be a mute for all we know* and the entire plot to the game is "escape with your life.

Wait wait wait. You're comparing a character made in 1993 to a character made in 2002? Haven't games moved on since then?

Also who's to say I don't hate the other cliched FPS characters (apart from Gordon Freeman and Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem kicks so much ass, Master Chief ass, he is also much more cock hard ;))?

Arnizipal
31-07-2005, 00:12
Wait wait wait. You're comparing a character made in 1993 to a character made in 2002? Haven't games moved on since then?

Also who's to say I don't hate the other cliched FPS characters (apart from Gordon Freeman and Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem kicks so much ass, Master Chief ass, he is also much more cock hard ;))?
The Duke owns everyone. No question about that.

Still, I like the Master Chief and I think owns the Doom guy.
For the record, does he talk in Doom III?

Gavmo
31-07-2005, 00:22
Ok, here we go...
Mario and Luigi. Do you really think they were brothers? ;) ;)
Tails from Sonic. I hated that little pansy!
Pokemon. Enough said.
The whole game of Teken. That was the worst fighting game ever invented. It was soooo sssslllllloooooowwww. Play Virtual Fighter, then play Teken and see the difference. Or even Dead or Alive for that matter.
Basically anyone in an RPG who's like, "No, we must be good and kind."

Oh yeah, and anyone on Battlefield 2 who kills me. Just cause I dont like dying. :p

grey_painter
31-07-2005, 01:13
I'm pretty sure its been recorded that the Mario family adopted Luigi and thats how its been for a long time. Or was that just info from the bad movie?

Inquisitor Mikarovic
31-07-2005, 12:45
Sergeant Johnson from Halo 2. That guy was so lame I wanted to break my face on the TV screen. That bit before the second mission alone made me think for a split second that God might not actually exist, because while he might visit plenty of evil-doers upon our planet, surely he wouldn't sully our beautiful console games with such an absolute tit-puller.

Please tell me he died. Pa-leez tell me he copped a plasma ball to crotch and shattered the eardrums and sanity of those within a kilometer radius with the screaming of his sneer-inducing voice. Their sacrifice would be worth it, so long as he suffered to his dieing breath.

And Mac, from SSX3. Imagine a fifteen year old Eminem.
I prefer my ass-head, try-hard, rap-fan, "******* everyone" teenagers behind the wheel of a crashed car, not in my Video games.

Karloth Valois
31-07-2005, 14:07
God, master cheif has to be one of THE most boring games characters of recent times. He is made just to be totally neutral, generic and inoffensive. Hes barely even a "character" he just says a few simple lines and has a player model and thats about it.

For the record comparing 1993 Doom and Halo is like comparing a Kubrick or a Francis Ford Cuppola film to some crappy hollywood-produces-10-of-them-a-month horror film that came out yesterday. Sure more people will like it at the moment, but when people look back in 30 years, we all know which one was more important.

I find the Halo series fairly boring anyway. Artistically the two games are generic, and rather bland and unadventurous. The storyline was far too bombastic, simple and progressed in a totally linnear fashion, and the gameplay did nothing new that hadn't been done by other games of the last 5 years.

Really the only reason it was successful was because it was a half decent FPS on a console, which is a very rare thing. Console gamers were crapping there pants thinking Omg this is the best game evar! because they hadn't seen anything like it before, which is fair enough. Halo for the PC died a death, most gamers reaction was akid to "meh" if I remember correctly.

The most annoying thing is when people start saying omg halo is like better than Half-Life or Doom or Quake just because they can't manage to use a mouse and keyboard, or realise how such games as those actually made a difference to the FPS world.

All of those games have influenced every FPS title that was made after them, Halo will only make developers want to be less adventurous and more likely to churn out some white wash generic FPS that is design to be least offensive and least of all groundbreaking. The Halo games ARE fun to play and I did enjoy playing through them, but really I don't see what all the fuss is about and theres no way they'd ever be near any top 10 games lists of mine. If you want to play some real classics or want to see what sortof things will be filtering down to a console FPS near you then go buy a decent gaming PC and be happy :)

Mark

Arnizipal
31-07-2005, 16:04
The most annoying thing is when people start saying omg halo is like better than Half-Life or Doom or Quake just because they can't manage to use a mouse and keyboard, or realise how such games as those actually made a difference to the FPS world.

Halo pretty much revolutionised the FPS genre on consoles, as there hadn't been a decent console shooter since Goldeneye.

I don't remember Quake making much of a difference (except mabe graphics-wise, much like Doom III). In fact I found the original Quake incredibly boring.

Kiro
31-07-2005, 16:54
The Halo games ARE fun to play and I did enjoy playing through them, but really I don't see what all the fuss is about and theres no way they'd ever be near any top 10 games lists of mine

Very true, and I don't get what all the fuss is about. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but I'd hardly call it "genius". It revolutionised console FPS, to be sure, but the game in itself is hardly to die for. That said though, I prefer Halo and Master Chief to Doom, Quake, and every other non-speaking generic human marine out there...

Hlokk
31-07-2005, 18:10
Possably the most annoying computer game character wasnt really a character at all, but a series of ***** conversations. I am of course, talking about rose from metal Gear Solid 2. Although the whole game is a hackneyed, self indulgent mess, this girl really puts the cyanide in the cake. She starts off by constantly asking her effeminate boyfriend Raiden, if he remembers what day it is, even while he's trying to save the president of the united states. She then starts going on about how he used to hit her and then how she's an alien. :wtf: Kojima or whatever his name is who designs the games really needs to be reigned in a bit, the plots are crap and he tries to mask over this with a few obscure military facts to make himself feel smug.

The second most annoying character is possably Kait Sith from FFVII. I dunno, I love the game, but the thought of using this character makes me want to shove peices of broken glass up my bum. I also hate cats, which might explain why i dont like him.

I also Lara croft. Not because of some airy-fairy feminist ideals, but because she's crap. Im also not a fan of the reject back-street-boy leon from resident evil.

The other one that really annoyed me was knuckles. Tails was good because he could fly, i just thought knuckles smacked too much of the "KEWL!!11!" factor.

Kiro
31-07-2005, 19:01
The other one that really annoyed me was knuckles. Tails was good because he could fly, i just thought knuckles smacked too much of the "KEWL!!11!" factor.

...And he was kewl! :p :D

Delicious Soy
01-08-2005, 10:06
I don't remember Quake making much of a difference (except mabe graphics-wise, much like Doom III). In fact I found the original Quake incredibly boring.
Quake was revolutionary because of its use of polygonal graphics, which was, I think, a first for FPS. Plus it was the follow up for Doom II for ID which was what made it such a huge game. That and things like the grenade launcher as well. Eveything ceased being a 'Doom-killer' and became a 'Quake killer'. Basically like Half Life, it set a new benchmark in the FPS genre.

Lostanddamned
02-08-2005, 23:23
Sam from The Getaway: Black Monday really fustrates me, as she seems out of place and like she has been poorly written in to give a "counter" to Eddie. As a result she is a young, female, stealthy charachter in a game where the "counter" to Eddie is not his personality, but his less than law obiding tendancies, making it Mitch. Both of these charachters are tough, and they make most of the gameplay very brutal, then suddenly the game is thrown into reverse and you have to think logicly and avoid detection, meaning that when you are returned to control of Eddie the player has lost that method of thinking.

Also she can't attack people, making her free roaming pointless, even if she does have a very nice car.

OT, has anyone else found the bicycles in this game, and arent they rubbish?

Bubble Ghost
02-08-2005, 23:37
Kojima or whatever his name is who designs the games really needs to be reigned in a bit, the plots are crap and he tries to mask over this with a few obscure military facts to make himself feel smug.

Batten down your hatches then, because he's been given his own development studio within Konami...

Sgt John Keel
03-08-2005, 00:18
Seymour. Oh, how I hate him.

/Adrian

Shining_Spear
03-08-2005, 01:49
Could I say everyone in Age of Mythology?

Love the game, but the characters are so annoying.