PDA

View Full Version : Getting to 2000- Chaos-Mortal/Daemon

Amdir Von Berznicht
16-03-2007, 15:07
So right now this is what I have:

Exalted Sorcerer of Chaos
-Lvl.4 Upgrade, Skull of Katam, Gaze of the Gods 350 pts.

Wargor
-Heavy Armour and 2 Hand Weapons 68 pts.

Marauders of Chaos
-16, FC, Light Armour, Shields, Great Weapons 169 pts.

Warriors of Chaos
-12, Shields, FC, Mark of Tzeentch(hmm may take this out) 230 pts.

Knights of Chaos
-5, FC 215 pts.

Horrors of Tzeentch
-10 150 pts.

Ogre Bulls
-6,Ironfists, Light Armour(probably split these into 2 units of 3) 258 pts.

Chariot of Chaos 120 pts.

At the moment that is 1560 pts.
I'm planning on adding 5 screamers(165 pts), making my warriors a unit of 15, getting a beast herd(12 gor, 8 ungor). But I'm not too sure on what else I should add or change. Hmmm
All and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

MarcoPollo
16-03-2007, 16:18
Ok there needs to be some serious consideration of point/value on some units.

3 screemers can do the job of 5 screemers.
Wargors of tzeetch rock. Wargors of khorne rock. But only if they have the BSB-vitrolic totem in a super herd (8gor 16ungor). Otherwise, give them great weapons so they can punch through armor. Also, wargors of tz. with the staff of darkoth is also a good combo.

2) Wariors are poo.

3) Marauders should be 25+ to get all the static combat resolution you can.

4) Warhounds are necessary. This is your "speed bump" for knights, monsters and other things.

5) Marauder horsemen although easily shot up, provide core choices at a cheap price and can really help in many areas (use the flails from your marauder box).

Chaos sorcerors as a general I find can be less than satisfactory as their ld/points ratio is low. Plus Tzeetch is the worst of the 4 powers for ld anyways.

But I like the direction of the army. It has fluff and can probably hold its own. I will be fast, but could be tweaked to fit in alot of other toys.

Amdir Von Berznicht
16-03-2007, 19:41
Ok there needs to be some serious consideration of point/value on some units.

3 screemers can do the job of 5 screemers.
Wargors of tzeetch rock. Wargors of khorne rock. But only if they have the BSB-vitrolic totem in a super herd (8gor 16ungor). Otherwise, give them great weapons so they can punch through armor. Also, wargors of tz. with the staff of darkoth is also a good combo.

2) Wariors are poo.

3) Marauders should be 25+ to get all the static combat resolution you can.

4) Warhounds are necessary. This is your "speed bump" for knights, monsters and other things.

5) Marauder horsemen although easily shot up, provide core choices at a cheap price and can really help in many areas (use the flails from your marauder box).

Chaos sorcerors as a general I find can be less than satisfactory as their ld/points ratio is low. Plus Tzeetch is the worst of the 4 powers for ld anyways.

But I like the direction of the army. It has fluff and can probably hold its own. I will be fast, but could be tweaked to fit in alot of other toys.

I really liked alot of what you said- The Wargor/Tzeentch/Staff of Darkoth combo is gold-thats getting put in stone as of now.
Also Warhounds have always been in my mind I've just never acted on getting any but I guess I definitely need them so that my knights etc dont get shot up.

What's your take on a unit of 20 Bestigors? Maybe replacing the Warriors?

and thanks for your help that actually was very helpful :D

MarcoPollo
16-03-2007, 21:50
Thanks Von Berznicht,

Well, I used to think that bestigors were good. But not so much any more.

Here's what I used to think: 20 bestigors of khorne give 2 attacks each and a very hefty combat resolution. The khonre mark helps with the psychology. But it has some drawbacks. First, the great weapons and heavy armor do not do so well in protracted combats. Second, it is a point sink at 280+ pts and alot of lazy khornegors in the back rank.

Here's what I think now: Minotaurs can do the same job much cheaper. You don't get the same CR, but they are much easier to move around and cause fear. Plus having 3 wounds each helps in the protracted battle.

I have 20 khornegors and have used them twice. The first time( I used 10) they rocked a flank of a bretonian lance that I set up with a cunning warhound deployment. The second time I only used 10 and was charged by a lone character and he picked a weak spot and beat them and ran them into the ground.

Minotaurs are better value for the points. This discrepency is not as glaring as it is for chaos wariors and marauders. But something to consider.