PDA

View Full Version : The Lion up front

FlashGordon
16-03-2007, 16:08
So anybody noticed yet that on the front cover of the new DA codex a large figure emerges from of the buildings, wearing a familiar helmet?;)

HiveFleetEzekial
16-03-2007, 16:13
As nice an idea as it may be. No, that's (very likely)not The Lion. The grand masters typicly wear the lion helm, or have a watcher carrying it for them. That could simply be the GM coming out last, to watch over his army.

DAAsmodi
17-03-2007, 13:34
Doesn't the new company champion helmet also have wings of some form. Might be another model but I know I remember seeing it.

HiveFleetEzekial
17-03-2007, 14:29
No, the new sprues have a set of wings to put onto any of the helmets. So there could even be a winged beakie helm seen sometime soon! :D

FlashGordon
17-03-2007, 14:31
Oh YES! Urge... to.. build... rising...rising!

The Emperor
17-03-2007, 15:32
I ordered a new mini for Azrael the other day (The one with the sculpted banner). My old one was trashed from years back, so I'm not even gonna bother trying to recover that one. Once I get it I'll compare it to the current Dark Angels miniatures. If he looks tolerable in comparison then I'll use him. If not, then I'll make a plastic miniature with the winged helmet armed exactly the same as Azrael, and give it the sculpted banner. Gotta say, though, I've already made a Company Master with that winged helmet and he looks very nice. Looking forward to making another one either way (Albeit this time with robes. The one I made uses the legs and caped back from the Space Marine Commander boxed set, and a torso from the Ravenwing sprue).

junglesnake
17-03-2007, 17:52
I ordered a new mini for Azrael the other day (The one with the sculpted banner). My old one was trashed from years back, so I'm not even gonna bother trying to recover that one. Once I get it I'll compare it to the current Dark Angels miniatures. If he looks tolerable in comparison then I'll use him. If not, then I'll make a plastic miniature with the winged helmet armed exactly the same as Azrael, and give it the sculpted banner. Gotta say, though, I've already made a Company Master with that winged helmet and he looks very nice. Looking forward to making another one either way (Albeit this time with robes. The one I made uses the legs and caped back from the Space Marine Commander boxed set, and a torso from the Ravenwing sprue).

GW stores in the uk had an event last weekend to build your own marine. I used parts from the Dark Angels sprue, Black Templars sprue and the assault sprues to make a company master.

I have to say it looks pretty funky. Master crafted plasma pistol with sheathed powersword. Two Dark Angel shoulderpads, the one on his right shoulder being the one with a reaf around it to represent his position of command. The left is the one with a high rim with writing on it and the dark angels emblem chained to it.

The sheathed sword is from the Black Templars but I filed away the Templars cross and also trimmed the handle so that it only has a ( shape rather than a )( which could be seen as another reference to the Templars cross.

All of my characters are helmet-less. I may mail order another bearer for this guy and trim off the wings, but I prefer my commanders to stand out so all of my rank and file have helmets, the srg etc all open.

SamaNagol
17-03-2007, 21:19
I always wonder why the Lion Helm is Mk 7 as well.