PDA

View Full Version : Conflict edinburgh WE list?

celestine
26-07-2005, 21:24
Well this is really only just a VERY rough idea of what I wanted here. Ok well the usual story here. I saw the new wood elf release and so got me a beautiful box that arrived in the mail today. So I have been working with my book and coming up with some lists.

This is realy the first 1500 pt list that I have come up with that seems plausible for Conflict next year. I'd appreciate all thoughts and comments on magic items etc. I'm really willing to go with just about anything. The theme for this army was based more around the style of play of the old list with lot's of skirmish/ jump around and be a pain in the a** yet it combines the new combaty units for after I have tried to wittle down the enemy units. I also have a nice surprise on the mages bow...

noble w/ wardancer kindred, blades of Loec - 140

9 wardancers w/ bladesinger - 176

spellsinger w/ lvl 2, hail of doom arrow and Ranu's heartstone - 175

spellsinger w/ pegant of shrikes and scroll - 140

10 glade guard - 120

10 glade guard - 120

10 dryads - 120

10 dryads - 120

6 waywatchers - 144

5 glade riders 120

5 glade riders - 120

total - 1495

So what do you think? I personaly really like the mage with the arrows and think it would be a great surprise. I'm not sure about the glade riders as they are quite expensive points wise but I like the fastness with the shootyness.

All coments welcome and appreciated :).
Celestine

NarCiS
26-07-2005, 21:34
Adding points costs would be more clarifying, as a lot of people don't have the army book. (Like me, I don't believe in army boxes)

malisteen
26-07-2005, 22:06
Pagent of shrikes is somewhat short ranged for a spellsinger, and hail of doom + ranu's heartstone = 55 points, iirc, making it too much together for your other singer. I would reccomend dropping the pagent and giving that singer the other singer's hartstone, which nets you 30 spare points (you had 5 left over).

Using those points, I would exchange your 6 waywatchers for 7 scouts and a great eagle. The scouts will be able to serve the roll of the watchers almost as well, and the eagle will greatly expand your options in march blocking and mage/war machine hunting. If you really love the waywatcher models that much (they are wonderful), you could use them as your scouts instead of just using more glade guard models.

That leaves you with 10 points, which you could use to... I don't know... buy the wardancers a musician or something (for coolness value, rather then game effect).

It looks like it would play pretty well, from what I can tell, though I'm certainly not familiar enough with the new rules to say for sure. Those are my thoughts anyway. If you can give me any suggestions on my list I would greatly appreciate it. It can be found here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7436

samw
27-07-2005, 03:12
Drop the doom arrow, your spellsingers BS 4 is not the best use of it.

malisteen
27-07-2005, 04:00
I'm not so sure. Even at Bs 4 I doubt you'll have find a better use of 35 points...

Anthonius
27-07-2005, 09:27
The list looks pretty solid to me, though I also have a problem with the first spellsinger. It isn't with the hoda though, but with the heartstone, which I find very overpriced and not very usefull for a one use item, so I'd drop it for something else...

celestine
27-07-2005, 12:47
Ok that was actually just a mistake with the pegant of shrikes thing as I thought it was the +1 DD thing but then I realised that was just for branchwraiths. So, I have made a fewa alterations from what you guys have said and to be honest I like it a lot better but I still think that it is lacking. I know I can get a really nice list out of this but I just can't put my finger on it atm.

Here is what I have so far;

noble w/ wardancer kindred, blades of Loec - 140

9 wardancers w/ bladesinger and musician - 183

spellsinger w/ lvl 2, hail of doom arrow and Ranu's heartstone - 175

spellsinger w/ scroll - 115

10 glade guard - 120

10 glade guard - 120

10 dryads - 120

10 dryads - 120

7 scouts - 119

6 scouts - 102

great eagle - 50

5 glade riders 120

total - 1484

I plan on working with teams of two or tag teams. I figure that I wittle them down as much as possible then, whilst still shooting, set up for traps, lures and combined charges with the two dryad units, the riders and the wardancers and then using the eagle to try and take out warmachines and hassle.
I'm not overly happy with it though so would really appreciate some more comments :). What do you think about dropping the glade riders for 3 warhawks?

Celestine

PS. the hail of doom arrow is only 30 points...