PDA

View Full Version : Flagellents rocks!!!!! 2000pts

wildkarrde0
17-03-2007, 03:27
Ok after seing the new Flagellent sprues I got to army of them plus a nice change to my other fantasy armies
this army is theme around warrior priests I would like suggests on the magic items choice especalliy as i don't know much about the new empire book

arch lector of sigmar
dawn armour
hammer of judgement
white cloak
war alter
shield Total 323

this pretty self eplanetory get in to combat and kick things in the head lots

Warrior Priest of sigmar
cloak of magnus
heavy armour
great weapon Total 148

goes with a unit flagellents

Warrior Priest of sigmar
Aldreds casket of sorcery
heavy armour
great weapon
Barderd warhorse
shield Total 149

Goes with kinghts

Warrior Priest of sigmar
Heavy armour
Van hostmans spectulam
Sword of striking
shield Total 143

this guy goes other flagellents unit they to challenge thinks or accept them things

30 Flagellents (core)
Prophet of doom Total 310

30 Flagellents (rare)

main combat units

14 free company Total 70

14 free company Total 70

Flagellent meat sheild

5 pistoliers Total 90

5 pistoliers Total 90

look after the flanks

6 inner circle knights full command Total 196

some punch

great cannon Total 100

dealing with big stuff

Army total 1999

cast 2 dice +7 bound spell
Dispel 7
modals 113

please try to be constructive as i said i'am interested in my magic item choices. I also wonder about swaping the cannon for a morter thanks in advance

wildkarrde0
17-03-2007, 14:05
are there no empire players or just player with some fprm of opinion:(

alextroy
17-03-2007, 15:53
While Flagellent pack an amazing punch when they charge, they have no staying power when they are the victums of a charge. I suggest you get some real infantry in the army to serve as an anvil to the Flagellent's hammer.

hwd
17-03-2007, 19:13
your warrior priest cannot join the flagellants, sorry!

he is not unbreakable so cant be with them for deployment. you can make him unbreakable through porayers but as soon as he joins the unit he looses it rendering him not unbreakable so he cant join them... phew!

get a unit of 20 swordsmen and 20 spearmen. put the warrior priests in these units and pray to make them unbreakable, giving you four or more unbreakable units!

wildkarrde0
17-03-2007, 19:34
Ah well I have to have a re think and re-post the list

wildkarrde0
17-03-2007, 21:32
ok had think and decided to drop one unit of flagellents and re-arrange like this

arch lector of sigmar
dawn armour
hammer of judgement
white cloak
war alter
shield Total 323
to hit things ! plus could a cool focal point:)

Warrior Priest of sigmar
cloak of magnus
heavy armour
great weapon Total 148
sits in spears
goes with spears
Warrior Priest of sigmar
heavy armour
great weapon
Barderd warhorse shield Total 149
in with other knights for punch and to mess with wizards

Warrior Priest of sigmar
Heavy armour
Van hostmans spectulam
Sword of striking
Barded warhorse
shield Total 155 in with inner circle hunts characters

30 Flagellents (core)
the anvil

26 Spearmen with full command (core)
the smaller anvil
10 man sword detachmemt Total 266

6 knights full command Total 196 a
as inner circle although less hitting
6 inner circle knights
full command, Warbanner Total 178
with priest to hit things hard or to renforce the main infratry units

5 pistoliers Total 90

5 pistoliers Total 90
Looking after flanks + flank charges

great cannon Total 100
For big Stuff

2 Power dice + 6-7 bounds spells

7 dispel dice

97 modals

hope thsi better Commenst welcome especalling on my magic items!

Hogdogz
18-03-2007, 02:40
I am also making a list quite simalar to yours using lots of flagellants. but i am making it around the Grand theogonist Volkmar leading his army of flagellant to battle with protection from bodygaurds an my list kinda goes like

Volkmar 360

Warrior priest 2HW AMI (one Gsword unit) 119
Warrior priet HW,Enchanted S, HArmour 109

24 Flagellants as core (all Flaggies are fielded 6 by 4) 240
10 crossbows to have a little shooty 80
10 huntsmen either to hunt warmachines bug wizards or none of that and play as another LoS blocker 100

17 Gswords FullCommand with 2x5 archer detach 280
using archers to help screen flaggies too
17 Gswords FullCommand with 2x5 archer detach 280

24 Flaggies 240
24 Flaggies 240

72 flaggies, 34 great swords, 30 archers, 10 crossbows

its a little over 2000 so im going to drop couple points
If you are ever using anything as screens use archers detachments theyre the best for screening units. skrimishing 5 or 6 man squads are great since they dont cause panic. I dont really think you need 3 warrior priest espescially with already having arch lector

oh and white cloak is useless on the Arch lector he gets a 4+ ward from the war alter. and hammer of judgement is not worth the points but the shield dawn armour are good 1+ rerollable save with 4+ ward with 3 wounds and you ccan heal them thats nice. Van horstrums spectrum is a nice pick but the casket im not to fond of too many points to little of use

thats what i can think of at this molment

Von Wibble
18-03-2007, 10:35
wildkarrde0

Small army. I'm guessing its 2000 (i'm used to 2500)

White Cloak isn't much good. My own Arch Lector gets VHS, Shield of the Gorgon and Sword of Justice. Enemies get 1 attack against you in challenges whilst you get their combat power (a lot usually as Chaos and Vampire Couints are my common foes) and reroll everything.

Aldred's Casket is a good choice - with no dispel srcolls you need to have something to stop magic (sometimes 7 dispel dice isn't enough). Sword of Striking is odd choice as you already reroll hits - a great weapon even with just +1S is a better choice.

Your knight units including characters are too wide. 7 models is cumbersome to say the least. Lose 1 model per unit. The vanills unit is taking a big risk with a full command group - even with a priest they can't take on enemies alone. They should be used to charge into an already engaged unit. Thuis you will already have the +1 for banner, and the mus. No command saves 40pts and teh risk of having a banner captured.

Swordsmen are a poor detachment as they are more for holding charges. You should have them as a main unit instead of spears. Then get detachments of archers and free company. The former give a little shooting and annoyance value, and do not restrict your manouvrebility. The latter are cheaop and nearly have twice the hitting power of the swords.

I don't think the Flagellant unit needs to be so large.

Hogdogz

Pistoliers are better than huntsmen. The army is OK from a competitive point of view - although won't make you many friends without any core soldiery. Expensive in money too.

wildkarrde0
18-03-2007, 12:41
Thanks the comments they really usedul I have to say in fantasy I'm a fan of bigger is better in most cases so my unit sizes won't change much

I know what people say about kinght units should be 6 waide I prefer to have the extra modal or two to soak up the missle fire and keep them effective on the charge i will consider the command surggest on the knights i will post a reworked army soon
oh and change the white cloak forgot the alter had a 4+ ward

wildkarrde0
18-03-2007, 19:18
ok had thought or too so here is mark 3

arch lector of sigmar
dawn armour
sword of sigismund
rindg of volans
war alter
shield Total 328

Warrior Priest of sigmar
cloak of magnus
heavy armour
great weapon Total 148

Warrior Priest of sigmar
heavy armour
great weapon
Barderd warhorse Total 147

Warrior Priest of sigmar
Heavy armour
Van hostmans spectulam
Great weaopn
Barded warhorse Total 142

30 Flagellents (core)

26 Spearmen with full command (core)
10 man sword detachmemt Total 236

10 Free Company Total 50

6 knights musician, champ Total 162

6 inner circle knights musician, champ Total 180

5 pistoliers, musician Total 95

5 pistoliers, musician Total 95

great cannon Total 100

2 power dice 6-8 bound items
7 dispel dice
107 modals

Total 1997

same sort of plan as before still not sure about the knights I suppose the extra guy could always make a second rank on lonesome put that has problems too.

ffarsight
19-03-2007, 16:27
HI, i think you should put a battle wizard level 2 for 2 spells so that you can get the dispell out before the bound spells, and donīt forget almost all prayers are for/after combat, thatīs why you should get a B.W.

and donīt forget that the prayers on the arch lector donīt need to be cast on him ( because heīs already unbreak. has a ward save) soo you need a character or champions near (12") to use its prayers. Be sure to load your characters with bound items.

wildkarrde0
19-03-2007, 17:00
i thought about a battle wizard but i want to keep all the preist for fluff resons as i want this a cult of sigmar style army:)