PDA

View Full Version : the painting adventures of Dominus Ex Machina

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dominus Ex Machina
17-03-2007, 08:47
Hello, some of you already know me from my Space Marines thread. Those of you who do probably realize that this will be another very slowly progressing log. This time it is not power armored super humans on the list of to do things though. I managed to buy some DKoK from Ragnar Ohman and this is where you will be given the possibility to follow my progress with those guys. What I managed to get my hands on is:

1x Heavy Imperial mortar with crew and artillery tractor
1x Infantry squad, firing
1x Infantry squad, advancing
3x Mortar teams

So that is what is on the current list of Kreigers to be made. As you can tell I need an Hq choice and another troops choice before I can even play with them so those will probably be added later (and most likely a Grenadier squad as well, those models are just so cool).

I'm meeting Ragnar Ohman later today to buy them but there is one problem, and this is where I want your help. I've been messing around with a couple of color schemes but can't really find one that I like. I've decided to (just like so many others) make them WWII German styled. I am tempted to do some kind of German field grey scheme but I've also considered a winter scheme (which would be much more unusual, I haven't ever seen any brightly colored Death Korps). I'd like some suggestions from your part. Do you think that they would look good in some kind of camouflage? Would a winter-themed DKoK army be cool? Should I go with the crowd and just do them in various shades of grey? Any color suggestions?

Also I have some ideas concerning any future tanks. Do you think that it would at all be possible to convert a Leman Russ to look more like a PzKpfw IV ausf H (Google that name if you want pictures)? The main problem, as I see it would be the tracks and the suspension part, Leman Russes don't have any suspension... Also I would have a proper battle cannon on it. Another idea I've had in my mind is some kind of halftrack-chimera (halftrack as in SdKfz 251, again Google for pictures). I'm not a very experienced converter; I mainly paint so thoughts about these ideas from more experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, pictures will be uploaded later today (and I'll clean my workspace to take the seemingly obligatory "workspace photo").

Angel Robertson
17-03-2007, 09:30
This should be good if your marines are anything to go by and i always prefer unusual and unique so i say winter theme!!!

AR

Dominus Ex Machina
17-03-2007, 13:26
I'll paint up some test figures and then we'll see which one ends up the best.

Angel Robertson
17-03-2007, 16:26
What colours do you plan on using for the winter scheme? WIll it be cold blues and whites or go the grey route?

AR

Dominus Ex Machina
17-03-2007, 16:38
I'm going to paint up several different ones, right now I'm painting a white one, it will remind you of the Phantoms. Later I'll paint up one brown and a couple of different grey ones, I'll post pictures when all of them are done. And to the joy of you all I can tell you that I think that wont take to much time. These are much easier to paint than marines :)

Dominus Ex Machina
17-03-2007, 21:22
Ok these pictures do NOT make him justice! But I post them anyway to prove to you that I, Dominus Ex Machina, for the first time ever (or for as long as I can remember at least) has assembled AND painted a mini in less than 24 hours! Here he is, test trooper for winter DKoK:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKtestIMGP2061.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKtestIMGP2059.jpg

No basing and no matt varnish. You'll have to imagine those things being there, I didn't want to make a base for him and I didn't want to seal him either because he is just a test, I will make other test figures in other color schemes and then I'll remove the paint from those I don't like. Next up is a German field grey version (or should I say standard DKoK trooper?).

Arhalien
17-03-2007, 21:26
Excellent; very nice different scheme and it works very well. I will definitely be following this Dominus, as I really like the DK models. I'll finally be afle to follow one from the start :D

schoolcormorant
17-03-2007, 21:30
oh man, i really wanted to see snowy DKoK because when the snow melts you get muddy DkoK and the circle is complete :D

excellent work :)

SC

Light of the Emperor
17-03-2007, 21:33
I like him! It's definately different. You have the potential for some awesome conversions and even cooler looking bases.

Dominus Ex Machina
17-03-2007, 21:34
Thanks guys! Well SC, I find pure white very hard to paint (and even worse to photograph) so they will be muddy if I deside to go with the winter theme, rest assured :)

Rictus
17-03-2007, 23:40
After seeing your Marines I was really excited to see you were doing a Kreig Log and I haven't been disappointed as the test mini is looking very, very nice.

While I like the many Kreig colour schemes done on Warseer recently yours is a refreshing change.

Angel Robertson
18-03-2007, 09:41
That is exactly what i was thinking! A very gritty winter scheme. Looks great, but i know you will paint a couple more that look awsome and we wont know what one to choose!!

AR

DaCone2
18-03-2007, 13:53
That looks fantastic! The same seems little bit too dark though. Maybe its the lighting?

Roel?
18-03-2007, 13:59
Very original. Combined with some nice snowy bases, this would look very neat indeed.

Dominus Ex Machina
19-03-2007, 22:37
I desided to go along with test model #1 all the way, so that I know what the end results would look like. I'll go all the way and base the others I make as well (I've started on a new one now)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKtestIMGP2076.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKtestIMGP2078.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKtestIMGP2077.jpg

Mortare
19-03-2007, 22:53
The colour scheme looks excellent, and the basing idea is simple and effective. I think that you could throw the odd extra onto some of the bases, maybe some grass or earth showing through, or the odd blood spatter- though if ou do please keep them limited rather than the norm, I think that the simple look works very well. It does however look slightly like he has been rubbing the tails of his coat through a latrine as he advanced!

Dominus Ex Machina
19-03-2007, 23:02
Hahaha, maybe he ran out of toilet paper? Ok, enough bad jokes... that was really bad..

Hmm, yes... The dirt looks kind of out of place now that the base is so clean... We'll see what i'll do about that, I don't know yet. I want to get the other test models done so I'll fix that later unless I deside to do another color scheme.

schoolcormorant
19-03-2007, 23:04
i like it, i think it needs it or it's going to look a bit 'white'

SC

Deadleyheadley
19-03-2007, 23:14
The DK is looking good and i have to agree about the base needs a bit of mud or blood ,just something to break it up :) but other then that it looks sweet.

75hastings69
19-03-2007, 23:25
I think it looks great. Rather than mud or blood I think maybe a bit of razor wire (with snow on it) and/or footprints would set that of brilliant. Looks really good so far though I look forward to seeing a full squad.

Dominus Ex Machina
19-03-2007, 23:33
I think it looks great. Rather than mud or blood I think maybe a bit of razor wire (with snow on it) and/or footprints would set that of brilliant. Looks really good so far though I look forward to seeing a full squad.

yeah, I'll have too do something to the snow, I like the razor wire idea (it fits the Death Korps very well). But don't you jump to any conclusions, we'll see about making an entire squad of the white ones... This next field grey version is looking promising as well :)

hiveminion
20-03-2007, 19:23
Looks great, lovely colour scheme and amazing paint job. I do wonder perhaps is you'd do the base edges a very (very!) dark brown, perhaps it would tie it in more with the model (because it also is mainly white with some very dark browns). A minor difference, but I thought I'd suggest it (very dark!).

I'm interested in the look of the other test models!:)

Dominus Ex Machina
20-03-2007, 22:58
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKTestIMGP2088.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKTestIMGP2089.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKTestIMGP2091.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKTestIMGP2093.jpg

I feel that I'm getting a better hang of how to paint mud, the mud on this one I'm really happy with. The pictures are (once again) not quite showing the correct colors, I'll try using natural sunlight tomorrow (it's quite late over here in Sweden at the moment). German field gray uniform (more greenish in real life), black helmet (with metal chipping, actually the white one’s helmet has that as well but it doesn’t show as well on that one), brown accessories and brown combat fatigues.

Comments? I think I'm going to tone down the metall and the light green container under his backpack a bit...

Mortare
20-03-2007, 23:04
I think it looks really nice, very well carried out, and the mud does indeed look good. You will have to base him up so that we can compare him with his winter compatriot, tho at this time i still prefer the winter look, would love to see a full force of them

Running Forest
21-03-2007, 00:42
What a wonderful job. He looks fantastic. I can't beleive you are buying them they are so expensive but look so subductive. Thankfully i have enough sanity left just to hold on to my... Money. Any ways looks superb hope you keep the winter ones up. Forest

Von Wallace
21-03-2007, 00:55
I really enjoy these Krieg boys, I am about to send away for the Command element of my next Army (DKoK) - of course... anywho -

I love the winter and your regs you just put a picture up of, I am contemplaing my own paint scheme, looking at a smooth grey gree Olivegrun type look (I've thought of this before didn't work with my Cadians)

Thank-you lots for the pictures, real great work - at the moment without the base done I like winter better, they are amazing - However I feel these guys are great as well... :evilgrin:

cpt.skara
21-03-2007, 04:26
D E M ...... do you mind if i steal :rolleyes: your white paint scheme for your DKoK its simple yet a very well done idea and different

Vaktathi
21-03-2007, 04:38
I'm liking both the the color scheme's you've done, but if I may make a suggestion, the black coated guys shoulder armor seems to blend into the coat too much, maybe make it a bit lighter or metallic?

other than that, looks awesome.

Dominus Ex Machina
21-03-2007, 08:39
I think it looks really nice, very well carried out, and the mud does indeed look good. You will have to base him up so that we can compare him with his winter compatriot, tho at this time i still prefer the winter look, would love to see a full force of them

I'm not sure I'll even bother with basing this one, I think the white one is much more interresting so between these two i say the white one it the winner in my oppinion.

What a wonderful job. He looks fantastic. I can't beleive you are buying them they are so expensive but look so subductive. Thankfully i have enough sanity left just to hold on to my... Money. Any ways looks superb hope you keep the winter ones up. Forest

Hehe, acctually I bought pre-owned ones so I got them at about 50% of the original price :)

I really enjoy these Krieg boys, I am about to send away for the Command element of my next Army (DKoK) - of course... anywho -

I love the winter and your regs you just put a picture up of, I am contemplaing my own paint scheme, looking at a smooth grey gree Olivegrun type look (I've thought of this before didn't work with my Cadians)

Thank-you lots for the pictures, real great work - at the moment without the base done I like winter better, they are amazing - However I feel these guys are great as well... :evilgrin:

Thank you, and good luck with your own Kreigers!

D E M ...... do you mind if i steal :rolleyes: your white paint scheme for your DKoK its simple yet a very well done idea and different

It's not like I can stop you, you have my permission. I appreciate that you told me you were going to, I've seen plenty of people copying my work without giving me credit :cries:

I'm liking both the the color scheme's you've done, but if I may make a suggestion, the black coated guys shoulder armor seems to blend into the coat too much, maybe make it a bit lighter or metallic?

other than that, looks awesome.

Yeah that's very true, I'll try to sort that out as soon as possible, thanks!

the next test model will be in camouflage, stay tuned....

jasevx
21-03-2007, 13:04
Amazing how you've acheived clean lines on a mucky soldier! Great painting.

Angel Robertson
21-03-2007, 17:19
Great looking paint job again but i definitley prefer the first DK! Any more colour tests on the way?

ar

Dominus Ex Machina
21-03-2007, 17:25
Yes there are Angel Robertson. The next one will be wearing camouflage! I'm looking through a couple of options at the moment, I haven't begun painting it. I'm going for a german WWII camo pattern, I will not reveal which one I've chosen just yet :)

DaCone2
21-03-2007, 17:48
Looks good, but the white looks better :)

Arhalien
21-03-2007, 19:51
White for me as well; looks far more interesting and original. That grey one is still nice though :)

schoolcormorant
21-03-2007, 19:59
Dominus, it's white for me too :)

for Camo schemes you probably can't go far wrong with THIS (http://www.kamouflage.net/), Old Guard put me on to it - 233 schemes....

have fun
SC

Strelok
21-03-2007, 20:01
Looking good, quite well done on the snow effects.

cthorpe
21-03-2007, 20:27
Dominus..

I love the models you've done so far they look great, and a great inspiration..

For the German Alpen Corps, they had reversible cloaks/Coats.. Autumn/winter camouflage on one side, a mixture of stone colour, green and brown, reversible with full white.. If it snowed you could turn your jacket inside out..

That would look good on a model.. camouflage on the outer surface, with white being revealed where the interior can be seen.. and of course vice versa..

That would allow you to combine both effects in the same squad, white with camo showing, and camo with white.. depends on what each individual trooper has decided to wear.. but ties the whole squad together..

By the way the Camo site suggested by SC is a great one.. you will get the details of the Autumn/winter camo there.. or watch the film 'Where Eagles Dare'.. where the reversible camo coat is shown to great advantage..

Best wishes,

Carl

Dominus Ex Machina
21-03-2007, 22:46
Yes between those two I prefer the white one as well. I have three test designs left to do, these are:
- Camouflaged one, or several (German WWII camo, it's called oak... something)
- Brown version
- Copy of forge worlds versions

They will be made in that order. Thansk for the site SC, many thanks. It will be usefull for future projekts :)

cthorpe:
You "stole" my idea, I was planing to do those reversible coats on some of the camo figures :) So, hehe, thanks for the tips :D

Still learning
23-03-2007, 11:35
can't wait to see the camo one, get painting

Dominus Ex Machina
23-03-2007, 16:31
I've primed the entire squad now, so I'll "get painting" soon. But at the moment I'm working on some of my marines. I have a big game tomorow, or rather it feels big, it will be my 34 marines (plus dread and predator) against 105 (traitor) guardsmen with no armour what so ever... I've got 6 hvy bolters and two assault canons ready for them :D

scrubout
23-03-2007, 16:34
Your a sadist Dominus.

Looking forward to how the squad pans out!

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

DaCone2
23-03-2007, 17:49
Thats going to be messy. Good luck!

Dominus Ex Machina
25-03-2007, 01:01
Just felt like reporting (since we had it up for discussion) that only two traitor guardsmen were left standing by the end of the battle... one of those brave individuals acctually killed my terminator chaplain by himself! I charged him confidently but since he was in cover he struck first and well, I had myself a good laugh :D I cant see that happening fluff wise. Other than that it was a victorious slaughter! By the end of the battle my predator, dreadnought, entire terminator squad and two tactical marines were left alive. Those two marines acctually managed to kill a 10 man strong steel legion squad and 5 veterans ON THEIR OWN! I had my fair share of lucky dice rolls... :)

Remeber guys, there were 34 marines against 105 guardsmen... Before the terminators arrived via deep-strike I though I was doomed.

Rogue 7
25-03-2007, 01:10
Yes between those two I prefer the white one as well. I have three test designs left to do, these are:
- Camouflaged one, or several (German WWII camo, it's called oak... something)

Oakleaf, is it not?

These Death Korps look fantastic. I must say that I somehow prefer the standard trooper to the snow one, but that may be because of the discontinuity between the base and the dirt on the model. I know here, whenever it snows, the snow alongside the roadways where they plow gets absolutely disgusting. Perhaps a similar effect, or a springtime half-melting scheme with lots of mud on the base would work better. Whichever you decide to go with, they'll look fantastic.

Strelok
25-03-2007, 02:49
OHHH, trackwork on the bases would look awesome (like, push track segments into green stuff on the base, paint that section as mud and put snow and slashed mud surrounding it). Sorry, the idea really excited me...

Dominus Ex Machina
25-03-2007, 20:52
Ok for the camoflaged troopers I want ther camo to mach the bases. Therefore I needed to make a test base:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/BasetestIMGP2106.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/BasetestIMGP2105.jpg

It's not finished, I'm gonna add the snow and make it look frosty as well. But I still felt that I could show you what it looks like before the snow gets on.

By the way, I just noticed that this thread has been rated pretty poorly (1), care to tell my why so I can improve?

Strelok
25-03-2007, 21:20
That base looks awesome. How did you make the barbed wire? As for the rating on the thread, I would give it a 4 out of 5, because your stuff is awesome, but there's not enough pictures of it! Thus, you are only being docked for progress, because the stuff you have shown is excellent IMHO.

Dominus Ex Machina
25-03-2007, 21:52
Thanks Strelok, I'll get around to mass producing troopers once I've settled for the scheme to use, and I have a feeling that it's going to be this one :)

For the barbed wire I massacered an electrical cord. I used the small metal strings found inside. I twisted three of them to make the main wire and then I took one string and spinned it around the three twisted ones and cut ít to size for the spikes. Um, can anyone make out what I'm saying or should I make a tutorial with pics?

Dominus Ex Machina
25-03-2007, 22:37
Sorry for double posting but I just finished the base:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/BasetestIMGP2108.jpg

Well, what do you think?

cthorpe
25-03-2007, 22:44
Dominus..

I have to say that base is looking awesome.. looking forward to seeing the camo figure on it. are you still going the reversible camo/white coat route?

Continue the great work.. just rated you 5*****

Carl

Dominus Ex Machina
25-03-2007, 22:50
Dominus..

I have to say that base is looking awesome.. looking forward to seeing the camo figure on it. are you still going the reversible camo/white coat route?

Continue the great work.. just rated you 5*****

Carl

Thanks :) Yeah I'm still going to do the reversible camo/white coats, since that way I could mix in a couple of troopers who have chosen to use the white side out and I can do some with the camo side out. Makes the army more fun to paint and a little interresting.

Rogue 7
25-03-2007, 22:51
Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking! Five-star rating coming up!

Deadleyheadley
25-03-2007, 23:26
The base looks sweet and id love the barbed wire tutorial :D

Strelok
25-03-2007, 23:37
I understand the instructions, and thanks. I love the bases.

Still learning
26-03-2007, 08:19
dude, sweet, puts my DK to shame, seriously.

I also second the request for the barb wire tut,

What camo are u planning? German Oak leave? a variation? please do tell.

Keep up the good work. I await the next post.

sheep
26-03-2007, 10:45
Love the work so far, and more Oakleaf A camo can only be a good thing.

That base is fantastic, what di you use for the leaves please?

Cheers

Sheep

hiveminion
26-03-2007, 15:12
I believe someone has been trying to be "funny" rating threads poorly, boy do I hate that:mad:

Seems like the problem is solved, though:D. That base looks awesome, very unique. Keep it up! (Btw forgive me I'm not rating your thread just yet, I always wait untill there's been plenty of updating)

Dominus Ex Machina
26-03-2007, 15:17
Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking! Five-star rating coming up!
Thanks!

The base looks sweet and id love the barbed wire tutorial :D
Wow, the legendary Deadleyheadley wants a tutorial by me :eek: I'll have to make this as good as I can (not that I wouldn't anyway, but especially now)

I understand the instructions, and thanks. I love the bases.
Thank you, I'm very happy with them myself, decided that it is definitely going to be a winter themed army now. That's for sure!

dude, sweet, puts my DK to shame, seriously.

I also second the request for the barb wire tut,

What camo are u planning? German Oak leave? a variation? please do tell.

Keep up the good work. I await the next post.
No, I can't agree on putting your Kreigers to shame! I've checked out your troopers and they are awesome!

I'm not quite sure on what colors to use for the oak leaf camo... I first thought about something like the Waffen-SS "Autumn" Oakleaf Parkas (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/oak-parka2.jpg, notice how it is reversible to white). But it was a bit to "freaky" (tried it on a spare piece of plastic). I'm pretty sure that I've seen another variant for autumn camouflage, that still has the same kind of pattern. I'd appreciate pictures of autumn camouflage that I can replicate very much! i will check out the site SC posted and see if I find something there.

EDIT: That site is just awesome! I've found three patterns I like, i want to know which one is your favourite, let's call them pattern 1, 2 and 3.

Pattern 1: http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00118.php
Pattern 2: http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00005.php
Pattern 3: http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00121.php

Love the work so far, and more Oakleaf A camo can only be a good thing.

That base is fantastic, what di you use for the leaves please?

Cheers

Sheep

the leaves are made from "pizza spice" I think it's called oregano (?). I painted them like rotting leaves by starting with gore red and then adding golden yellow in increasing amounts until it was a nice bright orange.

Von Wallace
26-03-2007, 17:50
Number one battle body - looks awesome (bases - who am I kidding everything!)

Nice stuff man - can't wait to get my HQ set and start to work on them.

Arhalien
26-03-2007, 18:13
Umm, camo pattern 2 i think, but only if this is the reverse of the snow design (If you don't do that scheme you will be my enemy for life :p)

Great bases btw, really good looking stuff :D

Dominus Ex Machina
26-03-2007, 18:50
I can reassure you Arhalien, there will be white ones as well. I'll make a test modell starting with camo pattern 1, then maybe I'll move on to number 2 and finaly 3.

Arhalien
26-03-2007, 18:52
I can reassure you Arhalien, there will be white ones as well.

Hmm, very well then. I'll accept that for now... :p

I look forward to seeing the test models.

cthorpe
26-03-2007, 19:42
Dominus..

Hi there, I think for the scale of modelinvolved I think that camo scheme 2 would be best..

I look forward to seeing the result..

Best wishes,

Carl

Dominus Ex Machina
26-03-2007, 23:29
Ok, the new guy is not done, still quite WiP but I want to give you a hint as to what it looks like, this is camo pattern 1 (as seen on the picture of a soldiers back if you click on the red "show me" button in the link to the pattern)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/OakleaftestIMGP2113.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/OakleaftestIMGP2114.jpg

I'm actually quite happy with it. I think that it goes together well with the white. As I said, not done though.

schoolcormorant
26-03-2007, 23:32
one coat for the warzone, winter and autumn?

it looks really good - go with that scheme!

SC

Strelok
26-03-2007, 23:36
That coat looks AWESOME. My only question is what what color will the helmet be, and are the disparities between the soldiers going to remain? Different colored helmets, gloves, boots, etc.

Dominus Ex Machina
26-03-2007, 23:47
Hmm, the thought is that they all have the same equipment, some have just chosen to turn their coats inside out to show the white side so gloves - and helmets will be the same color. Thing is that I can't really decide on what color to paint the helmet... Suggestions?

Strelok
27-03-2007, 00:29
The black helm is too dark. I'm a fan of the white or a light grey.

THE CHIEF
27-03-2007, 00:31
He he this is brilliant! I love the reversible coats idea - genius! :D

How the hell did you do the frosty base though? It looks really lifelike :eek:

Von Wallace
27-03-2007, 00:34
Dude we are so NOT worthy....

Sorry had to add that - gotta photoshop that hahaha

Check out the attachment :evilgrin:

Light of the Emperor
27-03-2007, 04:45
Brilliant call on the reversable coats. It will definately break up the "monotony" of painting the same uniform over and over and over...

Dominus Ex Machina
27-03-2007, 08:08
Dude we are so NOT worthy....

Sorry had to add that - gotta photoshop that hahaha

Check out the attachment :evilgrin:

Hahahaha... oh I had myself a good laugh when I saw that :D Now I'm going to be all smug for the rest of the day :angel: Hrm... well, what can I say? Thank you for the picture? :cool:

I'm still thinking of a colour for the helmet... I liked the look of the white one the most but I don't think it'll go very well with the camo.

Also I thought of a few ideas just after I posted the pics. I'm thinking of practicisng my greenstuff-fu by turning the sleeves into some nice and warm wintergloves. I'm also going to repaint his collar, it gives him away far to much in my oppinion. The inside will stay white and ofcourse the completely white one would have the oakleaf pattern on the inside of his coat.

Strelok
27-03-2007, 08:42
The idea of darkening up the collar is a good one. Also, the winter gloves idea sounds good, you could blend the sleeve into the existing glove and then sculpt a slight bit of fur coming out of the very end to simulate warm fur linings.

jasevx
27-03-2007, 09:26
I'd lighten up the helmet to, or is your gs skill is up to it, make it as it has a helmet cover on it the same pattern as the greatcoat

Dominus Ex Machina
27-03-2007, 09:36
Hehe, that is a good idea jasevx, and it is one I have concidered myself... I don't think that my greenstuff-fu is upp to such an challange just yet.

Still learning
27-03-2007, 10:32
dunno, i'm only offering my opinion here

But i don't think the camo works as yet, I think it needs another colour in it, a green maybe? Also needs to be smaller dots and more of the black needs to show through.

sheep
27-03-2007, 11:03
I like the camo, it has a very alien look to it, but its not quite there if you're aiming for Oakleaf.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m289/Sheep_06/Sturmtruppen%20Test/Impy001.jpg

Thats how i did mine if it helps.

Cheers

Sheep

Arhalien
27-03-2007, 14:26
Hmm, not a huge fan of the camo Dominus, ezpecially not with the white underside. It just oesn't look right IMO.

I say just go for snow camo all the time.

cthorpe
27-03-2007, 15:17
Dominus..

Check out the camo web site again.. I think you will find that the troops often had camo cloth helmet covers.. to match their coats.. I dont know if these were reversible too, but certainly camo, and white versions existed..

Looking fantastic,

Carl.

schoolcormorant
27-03-2007, 15:28
get some car body mesh, you cut it to shape and stick it on the helmets then put some of the leaves on to it?

SC

hiveminion
27-03-2007, 16:04
It looks very nice from a distance (first pic), but when I look closely I can't help thinking he vomited all over his coat:angel: . I know it's WIP so it might look better when it's finished but I would make the camo look less..."wet", if you get what I mean.

And I second scoolcormorant's suggestion for leaves on the helmet, that would look really cool and would complement the coat nicely.

Lavadude360
27-03-2007, 16:24
NICE!!!

they are awsome glued to this thread.

Your Evil Twin
27-03-2007, 16:49
Looking great, I preffer the white/snow theme as if there fighting in trenches in snow (very hard core)!!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Your Evil Twin

Dominus Ex Machina
27-03-2007, 22:56
I have decided to scrap the camo idea, I’ll go all out white instead. But now that I’ve decided a color scheme I want to try out a couple more different bases. Although I am happy with these ones I still feel that I want to try a few others. First on my list of bases to do is a snow covered city fighting base (like what I do for my marines but with snow on em’). All of the coming bases will be snow oriented since the troopers are white.

schoolcormorant
27-03-2007, 22:59
thats my plan too on my DK snowy urban, it gives you a reason for heavy weathering on the tanks and for the greatcoats.

looking forward to more of you're tests Dominus :)

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
30-03-2007, 18:29
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoK-Trooperssquad1IMGP2120.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoK-Trooperssquad1IMGP2121.jpg

This is what they're gonna look like. I will now start mass-producing them at insane rates (insane compared to my usual speed).

Arhalien
30-03-2007, 18:32
Much better :) That's how to paint them :p

:D

Light of the Emperor
30-03-2007, 18:36
Very cool! 'Tis a nice twist on the normal DK color scheme.

schoolcormorant
30-03-2007, 18:39
i love them :)

if you matt varnish youre models, afterwards it may be worth you glossing the snow areas so they shine a bit and look wet.

the scheme is excellent and the execution flawless ;)

what do you use to clean resin - i mean to get the agent off?

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
30-03-2007, 18:49
Thanks Arhalien and Light of the emperor!

SC: I simply wash them in warm water and some soap... probably not enough but well... it seems to be working :D Oh yeah, I scrub them with a toothbrush as well (no, not the one I use myself! One that was specifically bought for the purpose)

squiggoth
30-03-2007, 19:19
Nice painting, especially considering how fast you are .... those Guardsmen are amazing. Straight out of Call of Duty, but without the blocky pixels. ;)

hiveminion
30-03-2007, 19:24
They're fantastic! Good to hear you're going to do them at a fast rate, the more updates the merrier!:)

Dominus Ex Machina
30-03-2007, 23:27
Thanks guys, hopefully I'll have the squad completed by next friday. Since there is a possibility that I will have some commision work to do after that.

Von Wallace
30-03-2007, 23:31
I stand by the we're not worthy - however great work.

You brother are inspiring and I cannot wait to get my Command Squad...

Rictus
31-03-2007, 00:46
Those two are looking so very nice. The bases alone are a piece of artwork let alone the figures standing on them. I look forward to next friday with the hope of seeing the full squad

Dominus Ex Machina
01-04-2007, 00:41
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/compentry2.jpg

There, that's the sergeant done seven more to go. The next update will be the entire squad... In a couple of days (I'd say next weekend or so) you'll have it, but I plan on doing a tutorial for the bases as well. If you're interested in that, check by in a day or two.

old guard
01-04-2007, 00:52
Really impressed with these, I think they are my favourites of the Krieg seen on the forum so far.

Light of the Emperor
01-04-2007, 00:53
I definately will be looking out for a base tutorial. I really, REALLY like you DK...they remind me of Imperial snowtroopers.

Still learning
01-04-2007, 01:28
what parts did you use to make that Sarg

Dominus Ex Machina
01-04-2007, 01:33
Why the ones you get in the DKoK advancing squad ofcourse. Then there is a cadian chainsword and las pistol. It took some brutal hacking and slashing with my hobby knife, I employed the method I'd like to call the "mutilating-resin-until-it-hopefully-looks-better-than-it-did-before method" :)

Strelok
01-04-2007, 08:21
This squad is awesome. I love the snow effects. The sergeant is very well done, the pose is quite dynamic! Keep them coming.

Still learning
01-04-2007, 08:46
no no, the arms, eg. flamer arm. shooting arm.

I know and have all the parts you used i just can't figure it out yet?

Dominus Ex Machina
01-04-2007, 15:28
no no, the arms, eg. flamer arm. shooting arm.

I know and have all the parts you used i just can't figure it out yet?

Hmm... I don't know actually :rolleyes: One of the rifles broke and that's when I got the idea... but I ended up with a pair of arms that don't fit together (still don't know how to fix that - probably another conversion coming up). And the arms themselves are quite heavily converted, there is actually quite a bit of Greenstuff on there, and as I said they were cut into new angles as well. Sorry, I myself realise that this isn't very helpfull...

Angel Robertson
01-04-2007, 16:16
Thats an awsome scheme and cool pose for the sarge!!

AR

Strelok
01-04-2007, 18:29
Well Dominus, you better start posting WIP pics as well :P that way all your fellow kriegers can benefit from your work as they do from your painting. Hell, I don't even play krieg and seeing your paint jobs makes me want to pick up a squad or eight.

Arhalien
03-04-2007, 13:31
I really like that sergeant conversion :)

One thing; the sword looks a little bit too big; is FW heroic scale or not?

Dominus Ex Machina
03-04-2007, 16:44
Haha, yeah, the sword does indeed look big. But it doesn't look half as bad in reality. The DKoK troopers are more realistically sized than for example the Cadians, these are much slimmer :D

Dominus Ex Machina
03-04-2007, 21:14
Oh the happiness! I just managed to get a hold of 10 DKoK grenadiers (2 of them make up a hvy flamer team) in a bits trade. Also I've managed to find someone who is willing to sell me his unpainted command squad for a nice price. The army seems to have a future after all!

Ragnar Ohman
03-04-2007, 21:16
Lucky of me to have some of those grenadiers and lucky of you to have a italieri puma :O

Good Lookin figures :)

Tsen
04-04-2007, 03:45
I really like how theyre coming together Dominus, keep it coming.

Arhalien
05-04-2007, 10:33
Krieg Grenadiers? Paint them now! :p ;)

Still learning
05-04-2007, 11:49
re-read the whole log, well done, i'm really liking your scheme. I think the gold goes very well with them. Can't wait to see an officer painted, the contrast with the GOld and white will look ace.

As for the mud, i like how it is atm, i think a hard dark mud will "unbalance" the model too much and take your eye away from the white.

Keep it up

Aalok
05-04-2007, 18:20
Snow Krieg for the win! Great job man (as usual). I'm really impressed with the snow effect on the running srgt. Keep up the good work.

Dominus Ex Machina
05-04-2007, 20:16
Haha, thanks guys!

I'm not getting anything done at the moment since I'm hired to paint up some fantasy miniatures :) My first commission :D

Arhalien
06-04-2007, 10:55
What fantasy miniatures are these out of interest? And can we see them when you're done? :angel:

Dominus Ex Machina
06-04-2007, 21:00
Hurm.. I'm not into warhammer fantasy but I believe they are called "beast men"? I have ten big ones and 10 small ones. Also I'm painting three different sorcerers, one mounted on a horse, one I believe is tzeentch (it's bird like in appearance) and the last one is kind of weird; it has two faces and a staff with another face on it :eek: I was told to paint the beast men red, the sorcerers black except the birdlike one which he asked me to paint white with some tints of blue. We'll see how it turns out, I'm not charging him any huge sums of money; 1,44 US dollars / beast man (equals 10 Swedish kronor if I did the math correctly) and 7,2 US dollars / character (equals 50 Swedish kronor, provided that I did the math correctly). So these will be painted a bit better than the average table top quality. Not fancy enough for showing your esteemed selves.

I'm stripping my centaur artillery tractor from paint att the moment (I bought it second hand from Ragnar Ohman remember?) so that I can start working on it as soon as I'm done with the fantasy figures. SC has made me envious of his master-piece so I have to give it a go myself :) (thanks SC, I believe my contractor owe you his thanks as well for making me speed up on his order :angel: )

doghouse
06-04-2007, 21:16
Brillliant! These guys are great, excellent colour scheme and the snow effects are really top notch. :)
Now bring on the Command Squad...

Dominus Ex Machina
06-04-2007, 21:39
Wow, the illustrious Doghouse! Thanks for paying attention to my humble log sir :D

doghouse
06-04-2007, 22:28
When did I suddenly achieve this weird celebrity status... :eek:

Are you going to be using the new DKoK HQ models or stick with the regular command squad?
The thing I really like about these guys is that even without the snow bases the colour scheme still works. It's an excellent colour pallette and very nicely painted. Well done. :)

Dominus Ex Machina
06-04-2007, 22:36
Are you kidding me!? The famous inventor of the Doghouse pattern "Gothic Marines"!!! :eek: I'm going to use the "old" command squad. But first the rest of this squad and the centaur, feels like ages since I last painted a vehicle! And of course, I'll have to finish the commissioned models first.

NightLord
08-04-2007, 07:54
Im really wishing that the phantoms were coming along this quick =p. Very nice Guard tho.

sir.spamalot
11-04-2007, 20:21
Beautiful, just beautiful. I love them, very well executed, look awesome. I really don't have any constructive advise except for Post more!

Dominus Ex Machina
11-04-2007, 21:42
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Life as a commission painter isn't as glorious as I thought it'd be. It takes to much time so when I'm done with the two commissions I'm workin on I'll quit my "jobb" as a brush for hire and spend more time on my own stuff! Still, I don't expect to be able to work on something of my own for at least two more weeks. Sorry guys. (although NighLord, I can tell you that I am working a little on and off on my remaining terminators ;) one or two might just pop up anytime now)

schoolcormorant
11-04-2007, 22:03
'brush for hire'
that is so cool. ;)

SC

Holycrusader
12-04-2007, 07:34
Simply great job... Very climatic

Dominus Ex Machina
22-04-2007, 15:01
Ok, since life as a commission painter is taking up so much time from my other projects I thought that I could just as well show you the stuff I'm currently working on... the costumer wanted his old Necrons to be re-painted in red (so the previous layer of paint is under there, that explains the paint looking thick in some places).

I've received quite a bit of liberty in choosing a look for them, as I said I've only been told to paint them red. The scheme is awaiting approval from the customer at the moment but here's what I've done so far:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/destroyerlordIMGP2229.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/destroyerlordIMGP2230.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/destroyerlordIMGP2231.jpg

I'm quite fond of the look actually, it looks like a sports car :lol: Sure it is very glossy but it doesn't show as much in real life, I mean in the pictures there is a lamp only a decimeter or two away... It's not going to be all red though, there will be metal as well (like on the spine in between the "carapace" for example). Their eyes will be green like my Space Marines' eye lenses, but I don’t think I'm going to paint glow on them...

Anyway, input, spontaneous thoughts, criticism etc is very welcome! After this project I'm going to quit my "job" as a brush for hire and resume painting terminators and Death Korps of Krieg stuff... :D

Arhalien
22-04-2007, 15:03
Nice! I like the lacquered look it has to it; nice and different to the normal metallic necrons.

That all you've been working on? :p

Dominus Ex Machina
22-04-2007, 15:05
That all you've been working on? :p
hahaha, no of course not :D but it's all I'm going to show you, I've painted 25 beastmen and 3 chaos sorcerers with familiars for Warhammer fantasy battles as well ;) But they have already been sent to the costumer :p

Arhalien
22-04-2007, 15:07
But they have already been sent to the costumer :p

What? Are they in fancy dress? ;) :p

Pity you couldn't get any pictures of them Dominus; I would have liked to have seen them.

Dominus Ex Machina
22-04-2007, 15:47
Arhalien... I'll come clean, my conscience is killing me... I do have pictures of them (to send to the costumer) but I'm not at all proud of them, they are strictly tabletop standard and I can't allow them to spoil my reputation here on warseer :D

Ok, colorscheme has been approved :) I'm going to paint:
5 destroyers
1 destroyer lord
9 necron warriors
11 scarab swarms
13 flayed ones

It's not going to take very long but I'll be gone and unable to paint next week, but when I come back I'm planning to paint these up quickly ;)

By the way, I'd like a mod to change the name of this topic to something like "the painting adventures of Dominus Ex Machina"... who do I PM?

t-tauri
22-04-2007, 16:19
Thread title changed.

Strelok
22-04-2007, 19:37
I like the idea for the necrons. Red carapace looks quite good on them from what I've seen. A friend of mine is working on a necron army, I'm sure he'll start following this thread.

Dominus Ex Machina
22-04-2007, 22:26
Ok, one more little update before my absence (as I said, I'll be gone monday-friday):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecronLordIMGP2234.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecronLordIMGP2236.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecronLordIMGP2237.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecronLordIMGP2238.jpg

I added one more layer of gloss varnish to get a smoother finish

schoolcormorant
22-04-2007, 23:39
no don't go! I...I can't bear to be without you.....:cries:

the last pic is the best, looks really cool, a sort of dynamic effect....

SC

Strelok
23-04-2007, 03:23
Haha, looks like the thing just hovered out of an oil-bath. I can imagine the dialogue:
[insert Necrontyr name here]: "[Another Necron name], this bath sure does wonders for my metal, you can't even tell I've been snuffing out all vestiges of humanity for thousands of years."
[Second necron name]: "Get over yourself, [necron one]. You just wait until one of those pitiful living things the C'tan prophecy told us we're fighting next hits you with something flammable..."

Ok, I'm sorry, that was just weak. But I like the paint job nonetheless.

NightLord
23-04-2007, 05:55
Excellent! I am looking forward to the termies.

Your going to quit commision work? That is a tragedy to anyone who doesnt want to paint there army.

By the way, are you working on anymore models for your army? Becuase currently it is only 750ish points... I think that you should get something from forge world to wrap up the rest of the army.

hiveminion
23-04-2007, 15:56
*TUUT*

*TUUT*

*CLICK*

"This is the voicemail of Dominus Ex Machina. I'm currently away for a bit, so please leave your message after the beep"

*BEEP*

Too bad you're gone 'till Friday Dominus, now there'll be no updates!:( Anyway the Necron is looking cool, the glossy Destroyer body is awesome.

Dominus Ex Machina
29-04-2007, 10:54
Thanks for your comments guys!

Excellent! I am looking forward to the termies.

Your going to quit commission work? That is a tragedy to anyone who doesn’t want to paint there army.

By the way, are you working on anymore models for your army? Because currently it is only 750ish points... I think that you should get something from forge world to wrap up the rest of the army.

I probably won't quit commission working completely but at least for a while. I want to finish my Death Korps before resuming commission working. About getting more stuff from FW, well I don't know... They're so expensive, all of the stuff I currently got was bought second hand so to speak. That's how I could afford them. I'm dreaming of saving enough money to buy a Valkyrie for some converted DKoK grenadiers though... one day perhaps...

Anyway, I've promised to put up most of the stuff I'm working on in this log so here goes:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/ServitorIMGP2244.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/ServitorIMGP2240.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/ServitorIMGP2242.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/ServitorIMGP2241.jpg

Dominus Ex Machina
29-04-2007, 10:55
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/ServitorIMGP2243.jpg

I painted this servitor for a friend. There are two things I like above all else in the 40k universe; servo-skulls, servitors and servo-skulls. So when my friend bought an Exorcist for his sisters of battle he offered me to paint the servitor-loader, I was more than happy to (servitors are always fun to paint, sometimes I wonder why I don't collect an adeptus mechanicus army)

Also, I've received a few PMs from people who want to know how I take my pictures, well I think that this picture says it all:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/IMGP2157.jpg

You can get the blue to white background here: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/Other/bluetowhitebackground.jpg

That's all for now folks :)

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 11:07
Yikes, wierd! But well painted :D Is that a conversion, because i haven't seen it anywhere else before.

And how do your pictures look so good compared to mine; the set up looks very similar! Grumble grumble gribble..... ;)

Dominus Ex Machina
29-04-2007, 11:21
Thanks Arhalien. The servitor is not converted in any way, it comes with the SoB exorcist tank, it is the loader for the "gun".

I have a good camera... I never use flash though and I never use any "zoom" functions either. Also I have a focus mode on the camera that is called "macro" that I always turn on. Other than that I only use photoshop to re-size the pictures to 700x525 pixels and when needed I brighten up the pictures a bit.

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 11:25
Hmm. I use the macro function and no zoom. It may just be the fault of the camera I suppose, although I'll try resizing the pics and see if that helps.

Dominus Ex Machina
29-04-2007, 15:44
No problem Arhalien.

I've actually made some progress with my DKoK. The command squad has been stripped of paint and so has the centaur artillery tractor. I'll be working on them and the Necrons simultaneusly so those of you who are still waiting for an DKoK update, check by this thread once in a while during the next week (I plan on painting the centaur first, and quite possibly the standard bearer at the same time).

Strelok
29-04-2007, 22:12
Excellent. Congrats on winning the WIP contest with your DK sergeant, I can't wait to see more of those guys.

Dominus Ex Machina
03-05-2007, 22:19
Thanks Strelok.

Here's a WiP shot of the standard bearer, his base took me several hours to make, looking at it now I wonder what took so long... I had to greenstuff some new fingers for him and also some of the flag (where the "stick" meets the flag) since the resin broke when I dropped him to the floor (on accident). You can't see very clearly since it's all black at the moment but I still felt that I had to show someone what I had been doing all day:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/IMGP2286.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/IMGP2287.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/IMGP2288.jpg

With the snow and everything I think this one is going to look really sweet when it's done.

sir.spamalot
03-05-2007, 22:24
Oh yeah that is going to look very very sweet when it's done, I can't wait!

cheers

schoolcormorant
03-05-2007, 22:31
looks good buddy :)

get some paint on him!

SC

Pekel
03-05-2007, 23:00
That looks excellent! Even without paint the pose is really evocative.

I must say, you're definitely one of my top favorite painters. Keep sharing your commission stuff, it's amazing as well!

Strelok
04-05-2007, 01:02
Excellent looking model. However, the lasgun strapped across his back is bent wickedly.

titan136
04-05-2007, 03:53
what did you use for the little dead shrubs on the ground?

Dominus Ex Machina
04-05-2007, 12:22
Thanks for the encouragement guys, it's much appreciated. And thanks for the very high praise Pekel.

Excellent looking model. However, the lasgun strapped across his back is bent wickedly.
Oops, thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix it before I paint him.

what did you use for the little dead shrubs on the ground?
Ah, I knew someone was going to ask ;) I remember way back in the days they sold moss in various colors at my local hobby store. I haven't seen it been used for some years now but it might, I'm unsure. Anyway, to answer your question: it's moss (yes the thing that grows on the ground in the forest). Oh and by the way, they are not dead shrubs, they've just droped their leafs for the winter ;)

Arhalien
04-05-2007, 13:16
Nice looking standard bearer Dominus :D

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 11:56
Ok, here's an update for you, the base is almost finished (except for snow ofcourse):

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2289.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2291.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2292.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2294.jpg

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 11:57
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2295.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2296.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2297.jpg

there, I'm hoping that I can finish him at the begining of next week.

hiveminion
05-05-2007, 11:59
Wow, excellent work Dominus! Could you tell me how you did the skulls? They look really old and worn, I love them!

schoolcormorant
05-05-2007, 11:59
wow, awesomeness!

looks fantastic Dominus, come on man, get him finished :)

SC

Arhalien
05-05-2007, 12:00
Looks fantastic Dominus :D

Cassora
05-05-2007, 13:14
Can only agree with the others, fantastic!

titan136
05-05-2007, 16:52
my compliments on the amazing looking base! didn't even see the skills first time around.

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 18:46
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

@ SC: I'll have him finished on Tuesday I think, but it's good that you guys keep pushing me or I wouldn't even have done as much as I have by now. ;)

Wow, excellent work Dominus! Could you tell me how you did the skulls? They look really old and worn, I love them!

They are easy to do, it's my usual "bone color" :D
1 - Graveyard earth
2 - Kommando khaki
3 - Vallejo "Smokey ink"
4 - Re-paint highlighted areas kommando khaki
5 - Kommando khaki and bleached bone mix of about 50/50 on the more highlighted areas.
6 - The darkest areas are picked out with black, I'm referring to the eye sockets, "nose holes" and mouths (where they are present)

I'd like suggestions on what colors to paint on the flag... I'm thinking lots of red with gold details, plus black and some white here and there. That would make for a pretty nice "royal" and exclusive look don't you think? Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

Rogue 7
05-05-2007, 21:44
Crazy base. I love the detail like the moss on the rocks.

schoolcormorant
05-05-2007, 21:47
as much as i love you're work, the one thing about the base is, you should only have moss on one edge, the assumed northern edge...:D

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 21:50
Wow really? Ha, I didn't know that SC! Hmm, I think I'll leave it as it is though, I like the look of it... even though it is bothering me now... damn, I want it to be realistic... ah, I'll cover it up with snow, so no worries :D Thanks for the comments!

schoolcormorant
05-05-2007, 21:52
hang on...? you're from Sweden! thats where survivalism is very important, you know...bears and stuff...

moss always grows on the north side of trees and stuff, so, you always know which way is north...

SC:)

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 22:05
You know that one time when that polarbear was chasing me through the forrest, I really could've used that information SC...

For some information on Sweden go here: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Sweden (or if you want some really good laughs, click that link and then search "warhammer 40k", brace yourself for some hard laughs)

Now that I've been able to think about it for a while I have heard that moss only grows on the north side of stuff before...

schoolcormorant
05-05-2007, 22:12
thats the coolest site ever.

are you suggesting i have limited knowledge of sweden? cos i'll have you know, those little knives you have, rockin ;)

damn.
"Imperial guard, normal humans given the short straw" LOL!
SC

Dominus Ex Machina
05-05-2007, 22:29
thats the coolest site ever.

Indeed :D

are you suggesting i have limited knowledge of sweden?
Maybe... :angel:

"Imperial guard, normal humans given the short straw" LOL!
Hehehe, well it's true :rolleyes:

mangustheix
05-05-2007, 23:18
Absolutely amazing. the bases add so much character to the force, and the winter scheme is fantastic. I think the mud really adds to the feel of the miniatures. I cant wait to see the centaur!

Rogue 7
06-05-2007, 01:55
Now that I've been able to think about it for a while I have heard that moss only grows on the north side of stuff before...

Not strictly true. It tends to grow where there's shade, and that tends to be north, since the sun is slightly south, particularly at the higher latitudes, but don't trust that. It's not absolute.

kerveros2002
06-05-2007, 20:11
Dominus, that is a great site/40k-analysis, loved it.

ps: great minis, keep up the good work. And more pics

Dominus Ex Machina
09-05-2007, 15:13
Update :D

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/DKoKStandardbearerIMGP2305.jpg

He's going to be finished in a day or two.

schoolcormorant
09-05-2007, 15:14
frighteningly....freakishly good ;)

awesome, pose, base, model, colours.

do not sleep, get finished, update :D

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
09-05-2007, 15:20
do not sleep, get finished, update :D

Hahahaha, will do SC! Thanks for the encouragement, you know, I think I'll finish him now... see what you made me do!

jasevx
09-05-2007, 15:41
Amazing, if the whole lot turn out like this, it will be a top ten army!

Dominus Ex Machina
09-05-2007, 16:02
Thanks, the whole army will be (is being) painted to this standard.

sir.spamalot
09-05-2007, 16:42
Awesome model, that is most definitly the best model so far and its not even done!!

Arhalien
09-05-2007, 17:43
Seriously bloody good! :D

spikyjames
09-05-2007, 17:45
very nice, i'm not really a fan of these guys but yeah this is looking very nice.

james

Dominus Ex Machina
09-05-2007, 18:52
Awesome model, that is most definitly the best model so far and its not even done!!

Seriously bloody good! :D
Thank you good Sirs :)

very nice, i'm not really a fan of these guys but yeah this is looking very nice.

james
I see what you mean, silly little non-superhuman things :D Thanks James.

Unfortunatly I don't know when I'll be able to finish this fellow. I've run out of matt spray varnish. I've ordered a new bottle but it was currently out of stock so I don't know when I'll get a hold of it. In the meantime I'll get started on the centaur artillery tractor and the heavy mortar.

Rictus
09-05-2007, 22:36
Wow I love him, WIP or not he is looking great.

Does the Swedish air or lifestyle play a part in producing stuff this good? 'cause I am willing to move if it means I'll end up with Kreig as fine as this.

Strelok
09-05-2007, 23:07
Me too.... rictus will convert the vehicles, I'll do the harakonis and elysians (aka I'll make feeble attempts while Dominus gives me painting tips), and you [Dominus] can do more of your brilliant Krieg.

This guy looks awesome. I love the way the olive drab looks next to the red, and the way the white contrasts against the darks. Furthermore, the base looks awesome!

FearFrost
10-05-2007, 06:05
Very inspiring! That base is sexy.

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 17:06
Sorry to disapoint you Rictus and Strelok but there is nothing exceptional with Swedish air or lifestyles that make you paint better...

Thanks FearFrost!

But now... update time! The lord is finished:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecrondestroyerlordIMGP2319.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecrondestroyerlordIMGP2322.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecrondestroyerlordIMGP2321.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/commissions/NecrondestroyerlordIMGP2320.jpg

In the last picture it looks as if though there would be some gold paint on his carapace, there isn't... Also the glossiness is not so bad in real life!

hiveminion
13-05-2007, 17:13
Awesome. A very unusual, but all the more striking colour scheme. His destroyer body looks like a cool sports car, and that's a good thing. An EXCELLENT thing!

titan136
13-05-2007, 18:08
liking the necron lord, the way he shines its almost like he's completely covered in blood

sir.spamalot
13-05-2007, 18:21
Huh, I liuke that lord a lot, though the in the pictures he's sort of blindingly bright and glossy.......

cheers

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 19:15
Awesome. A very unusual, but all the more striking colour scheme. His destroyer body looks like a cool sports car, and that's a good thing. An EXCELLENT thing!
Excellent, I had Ferrari in my mind when I painted him :D Thanks

liking the necron lord, the way he shines its almost like he's completely covered in blood
Hmm, yeah it actually does... although the metal is a bit clean if that would be the case :)

Huh, I liuke that lord a lot, though the in the pictures he's sort of blindingly bright and glossy.......

cheers
True enough he is glossy and he is bright, but not so much as in the pictures, I assure you. He would remind you of a waxed sports car, which was my aim.

Angel Robertson
13-05-2007, 21:15
Cool i love the red! NOt sure if i would have the face red though, possible something a bit different! But a great job on it!!

AR

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 21:19
Thanks Angel Robertson, I've just decided that some green light from his eyes (like on my marines) would be in place, so that will be added.

Angel Robertson
13-05-2007, 21:20
Yeah thats what is missing! Seemed odd seeing your work with out an inner glow!

AR

sir.spamalot
13-05-2007, 21:20
Cool, waxed sports car, and it's red...red wunz go fasta!!:)

Are you going to be painting mostly these now? Or will we see progress on the death korps?

cheers, keep up the excellent work!

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 21:26
There will be progress on the Kriegers as well, but unfortunatly you won't see much acctually get FINISHED very soon since my ordered matt varnish spray, quote from shop: "could take a good while to arrive". However, I plan on finishing the two last space marine terminators "soon"...

Warwolt the skaven
13-05-2007, 21:42
I want to eat up that slickery smooth candy-destroyer! gimmigimmigimmi!

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 21:46
you know I had this idea about M&M scarabs...

sir.spamalot
13-05-2007, 21:50
you know I had this idea about M&M scarabs...

SWEEET! (really!:)) Th 'cron army is for a client right, you should ask him:evilgrin: .....

OT: is there any chance you'll be expanding this army past the products you bought already from ragnar omahan?

cheers

Dominus Ex Machina
13-05-2007, 21:58
is there any chance you'll be expanding this army past the products you bought already from ragnar omahan?

There is... however considering the cost it wouldn't be very much from Forge World. I'll get some regular GW tanks of course (for which I have great converting plans). But FW stuff... I suppose I'll get some more regular troopers and possibly a flyer (Vulture or Valkyrie, preferably a Valkyrie... with grenadiers rappelling down as sort of an diorama... sweet) because it's been my dream to own one of those models since for ever. Conclusion: it's not going to be a very big army. I haven't even worked out an army list for it yet :D

schoolcormorant
13-05-2007, 22:25
an army list for DK is more like a plan for aid to africa...or a complete army :rolleyes:

valkyrie? it's a bit non DK isn't it?

looking 4ward to seeing some conversions from you. then copying them, casting and selling them on to other unscrupulous people like me.

SC

Rictus
14-05-2007, 00:17
Sorry to disapoint you Rictus and Strelok but there is nothing exceptional with Swedish air or lifestyles that make you paint better...

Damn.

Lord is looking great, the idea for his eyes sounds spot on as well.

Strelok
14-05-2007, 00:54
Sick destroyer. I, personally, am looking forward to the two terminators, since I'm a huge fan of your marines.

Arhalien
14-05-2007, 13:40
Wow! Fantastic Dominus :D

Sgt_Hudson
15-05-2007, 09:06
I've got to say that out of all the DKOK threads this is the most inspiring and stunning!!! I'm actually just ordering mine and was going to do them based on Bastogne

GOt to ask what do use for the leafs and where do you get it?????

sir.spamalot
15-05-2007, 15:39
If you don't mind Dominus *tips hat* he used pizza spice or oregano as it is more widely known.

cheers

Dominus Ex Machina
15-05-2007, 18:55
I don't mind at all sir.spamalot, now I don't even have to reply myself since you did it for me :D Oh.... I did anyway :rolleyes:

I bought the foundation paint set today, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Strelok
15-05-2007, 19:02
Ooooh, paint the two termies! Don't leave your faithful followers in the dark for too much longer!

Regarding the foundation paints, I can't wait to see what sort of devilishness those allow you, your painting is good enough already. I need to get some of them myself...

Warwolt the skaven
15-05-2007, 19:10
Aah! Oregano, makes your models smell like pizza. And gives a super duper feeling of loovely spring, doesn't it honey :P

Anyway, I must see you take on foundation! Vash uses them on his Russians, and it looks teh awesome!

Dominus Ex Machina
15-05-2007, 22:43
Ooooh, paint the two termies! Don't leave your faithful followers in the dark for too much longer!

Regarding the foundation paints, I can't wait to see what sort of devilishness those allow you, your painting is good enough already. I need to get some of them myself...
I must say that the foundation paints are wonderful, I'm painting the centaur artillery tractor with them right now. The two terminators are being assembled at the moment, I'm having difficulties inventing interesting poses for them...

Aah! Oregano, makes your models smell like pizza. And gives a super duper feeling of loovely spring, doesn't it honey :P

Anyway, I must see you take on foundation! Vash uses them on his Russians, and it looks teh awesome!

"Honey"... (?) hehe, they don't smell like pizza once primed :D I'll post WiP pictures of the centaur soon (tomorrow or the day after)

Strelok
16-05-2007, 07:58
How about one holding an enemy model up by the throat and pointing his SB into the gut of the enemy? And I've never seen a terminator kneeling (I'm wondering at this point if its possible). However, it might look cool.

schoolcormorant
16-05-2007, 12:37
have you got a 'nemesis' for the termies? normally my armies will have an enemy that they are fighting that you can model onto bases and stuff. with my Tallarns it's Orks... so, out ork bits around.

for yours though, have you got an enemy? if not think one up and use them in you're posing and basing.

imagine a termie stepping over a chaos corpse...

EDIT - Ignore the guy below me :p lol
SC

THE CHIEF
16-05-2007, 13:02
NOOOOOOO!

Don't listen to them!

I really hate it when enemy models are put on bases. When you play a game it looks silly because 9 times out of 10 you are not playing the enemy that is on the bases! Only good for dioramas IMO.

sir.spamalot
16-05-2007, 19:48
Ah, but what if he only accepts games with people who play that army *strokes chin* then it may work, just then it may work :) :p

Arhalien
16-05-2007, 20:30
If you don't mind Dominus *tips hat* he used pizza spice or oregano as it is more widely known.

Lol :)
Nice and inventive I see Dominus.
Is your name a clue as to where you get the pizza spices from? :p

Light of the Emperor
16-05-2007, 20:50
I agree with Chief. Putting enemy casualties on bases (usually accompanied with blood) always seems kinda childish to me. However, when done correctly, it can look quite awesome. With your painting and converting abilites, I'm sure it would look stunning.

I'm still transfixed on that apothecary tending to the wounded marine...

Dominus Ex Machina
17-05-2007, 16:44
How about one holding an enemy model up by the throat and pointing his SB into the gut of the enemy? And I've never seen a terminator kneeling (I'm wondering at this point if its possible). However, it might look cool.
I've considered a kind of "about-to-kill-enemy-soon" terminator but decided against because, as mentioned, it looks kind of wrong when facing an other enemy than the one about to be killed. I'm considering the kneeling terminator though... but why would he kneel?

have you got a 'nemesis' for the termies? normally my armies will have an enemy that they are fighting that you can model onto bases and stuff. with my Tallarns it's Orks... so, out ork bits around.

for yours though, have you got an enemy? if not think one up and use them in you're posing and basing.

imagine a termie stepping over a chaos corpse...

EDIT - Ignore the guy below me :p lol
SC
I don't really have a nemesis but I have a strong hatred against chaos... I'm planning a diorama for later on which will have some terminators shredding traitor guardsmen (don't we all just love dioramas :D). So the terminator killing something will probably come to reality in that future diorama (we're talking about quite some time in to the future, it's only in the planning stage right now).

NOOOOOOO!

Don't listen to them!

I really hate it when enemy models are put on bases. When you play a game it looks silly because 9 times out of 10 you are not playing the enemy that is on the bases! Only good for dioramas IMO.
I tend to agree with you chief, although it can be pulled of nicely I won't do it for these guys.

Ah, but what if he only accepts games with people who play that army *strokes chin* then it may work, just then it may work :)
Now there's an idea spamalot!

Lol
Nice and inventive I see Dominus.
Is your name a clue as to where you get the pizza spices from? :p
Hmm, how to say this... no?

I agree with Chief. Putting enemy casualties on bases (usually accompanied with blood) always seems kinda childish to me. However, when done correctly, it can look quite awesome. With your painting and converting abilites, I'm sure it would look stunning.

I'm still transfixed on that apothecary tending to the wounded marine...
Haha, glad you remember that ol' model, I put lots of time into that one.

The centaur artillery tractor is coming along nicely, won't put up pictures just yet, still to much WiP.

hiveminion
17-05-2007, 16:48
I'm considering the kneeling terminator though... but why would he kneel?

Prayer.
Reloading.
Drama-Queen.
Sniffing Dirt.
Tying Shoelaces.
Because.

Six reasons in six seconds, imagine what a brainstorm could come up with!:D

Strelok
17-05-2007, 19:03
Though this defeats the purpose of tactical dreadnought armor, if he was kneeling and ripping away with an assault cannon it might look cool. Otherwise, kneeling with his forehead against his sword hilt locked in prayer might look quite cool, it would fit the feeling of being uncaring of enemy fire and instead devoted more to his devotion to the emperor and the primarch. On that note, I'm making a Black templar terminator or emperor's champ after writing down this idea... but you're still welcome to use it!

Dominus Ex Machina
20-05-2007, 12:22
We'll see what I'll do with the termies, for now UPDATE TIME!

The centaur is obviously still in its early stages, but this took a lot of time to do from a black undercoat! White is a real pain to paint... Still I thought that it might be fun to record the progress of this piece from the miserable state it's in right now to the hopefully great looking artillery tractor it is going to be (I have high hopes for this one, but you never know, sometimes it simply turns out wrong!)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2346.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2347.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2348.jpg

It's not completely white, I figure that the white has been painted on by the vehicle crew and the previous color is the darker green that shows where the paint has been worn away. It's still way to clean, this one will be the epitome of dirtiness when I'm done with it! :p

Still learning
20-05-2007, 12:39
ooooooooooooooooooooh very nice. I'm currently building 3 Cenatuars atm, so this i'll be watching. Looks fantastic so far. Might wanna try looking at some of the 1/35 modelling sites for white wash vehicles for inspiration.

And what colour have you used for the inside? Man I love cenatuars.

Dominus Ex Machina
20-05-2007, 12:43
The inside is the new foundation paint "dheneb stone" (unsure on the spelling but something like that).
I've got some pretty sweet ideas of my own, but I'll look around on some 1/35 sites, thanks for the tip.

Still learning
20-05-2007, 12:49
thanks man, another colour to add to the list.

sheep
20-05-2007, 12:59
That looks like a brilliant start.

It reminds me of the whitewash they used to paint on WW2 vehicles of all sides.

Keep it up.

Cheers

Sheep

sir.spamalot
20-05-2007, 13:32
That looks nice and solid:)

But isn't there a foundation white(or at least there should be....)

cheers, keep up the good work!

Dominus Ex Machina
20-05-2007, 13:41
Thanks sheep :)

@ sir spamalot:
yeah, there should be a foundation white... but there isn't... Thanks for the encouragement ;)

schoolcormorant
20-05-2007, 14:02
if you drybrushed the white up a bit, it'd give you a slightly easier base to work from :)

works for me :angel:

looking good Dominus, at least somebody's getting something done!

SC

sheep
20-05-2007, 14:07
You're welcome.

yeah, there should be a foundation white... but there isn't... Thanks for the encouragement

Astronomicon grey, the closet you'll find in the foundation set. Over white then build up with mixes, should only take a couple that way.

Cheers

Sheep

Dominus Ex Machina
20-05-2007, 17:36
A couple of hours work has produced this:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2349.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2350.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2351.jpg

Still far away from finished but it's getting there...

hiveminion
20-05-2007, 17:39
Looking good, I like the way you painted it like the guardsmen were only half-finished doing the camo. Awesome work on the tracks too.

Arhalien
20-05-2007, 18:23
Wow, fantastic looking work. The colour looks great and the mud on the tracks is very effective as well. :)

Is that finished yet or is there still more to do?

Warwolt the skaven
20-05-2007, 18:30
great mud!

Dominus Ex Machina
20-05-2007, 20:29
Looking good, I like the way you painted it like the guardsmen were only half-finished doing the camo. Awesome work on the tracks too.
Thanks, the scraped off paint effect isn't finished yet though.

Wow, fantastic looking work. The colour looks great and the mud on the tracks is very effective as well. :)

Is that finished yet or is there still more to do?
Oh goodness no! The interior man, look at the interior! The exterior isn't finished yet either, not by a long shot! It NEEDS rust! (yes I might have a slight obsession :angel:)

great mud!
Thanks, pleased to hear it :) It is just regular sand glued on and then painted using mainly scorched earth and bestial brown followed by a wash of Vallejo’s lovely "smoky ink".

Strelok
20-05-2007, 22:14
Looks great so far. I totally agree that the mud looks excellent. I also agree that painting white over darks is no fun!

Sinzaren
21-05-2007, 00:12
Mud looks awsome mate :)

Makes me want to paint a tank just to add some mud to it

Still learning
21-05-2007, 04:55
Fabuously mud! is that it, Sand and paint... wow

sheep
21-05-2007, 09:44
Sweetness on a stick, that looks awesome, well done.

Cheers

Sheep

Warwolt the skaven
21-05-2007, 10:32
Does it happen to be a Vash's sand-paté on that tank?

Deadleyheadley
21-05-2007, 13:51
I love the mud on the tank and the colour scheme rocks :) looking forward to seeing more :)

Dominus Ex Machina
21-05-2007, 16:58
Thanks everyone, I'll work more on it today :)
I'm hoping to make good progress on the inside and finish the outside of it... but we'll see how far I get.

Dominus Ex Machina
21-05-2007, 21:29
Alright, todays progress:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2352.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2354.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/WiPCentaurtractorIMGP2353.jpg

I find it a bit frustrating that it looks much better in real life... the rust doesn't show as much, it has a more subtle effect, still clearly visible but not as much of a contrast as in the pictures... anyway, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, still much work to do on everything! (by the way, if you find all these WiP pictures boring or unnecessary then tell me and I'll revert into posting updates when I've actually got something to show off)

doghouse
21-05-2007, 21:46
Excellent, the weathering on the Centaur is fanatastic!
Great work!

schoolcormorant
21-05-2007, 21:48
you've inspired me to strip down my centaur :)

looks awesome already. i found an ace looking effect on the deck boards at the back, paint it metaliic wash it with a mig pigment (russian earth in my case) let it dry, get an old drybrush and lightly rub it away. so you get a build up of muck in the corners of the boards. looks cool :)

SC

Dominus Ex Machina
21-05-2007, 21:58
Pigments eh? I don't own fancy stuff like that... They give great results though and don't seem all to hard to use either (correct me if I'm wrong)... Might be worth investing in some so I don't have to spend so much time weathering my stuff (this rust alone took me around 2 hours). By the way... I don't think you should strip your centaur of paint! It's looking mighty fine as it is!

Strelok
21-05-2007, 22:30
The centaur is looking awesome, the rust looks fantastic. Any progress on the Phantoms, by the way?

Dominus Ex Machina
23-05-2007, 16:09
Thanks Strelok, I promise to get working on the terminators when the centaur is finished.

Progress has been made, the inside is getting close to completion and so is the exterior, I'll post pictures later. I didn't realize that there were crew to paint as well until I started working on the interior! So I'll start painting the crewmen now as well.

Dominus Ex Machina
24-05-2007, 21:09
Almost done now, only little details like the instruments panel for the driver and the lamp left:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2358.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2360.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2359.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2361.jpg

Dominus Ex Machina
24-05-2007, 21:10
some details of the inside:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2362.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2363.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/SupremeGrandMaster/DKoK/CentaurartillerytractorWiPIMGP2364.jpg

hiveminion
24-05-2007, 21:11
Looking good, the interior is sweet and the weathering is class.

This will look awesome with some Krieg models in it!

Dominus Ex Machina
24-05-2007, 21:19
Thanks hiveminion :D Notice the chipped paint on the inside? It's hard to see in the pictures but edges and such has exposed metal, also I added dirt to all areas where I imagined that the crew would be walking around. The snow doesn't look good in some of the pictures either but you get the idea :)

hiveminion
24-05-2007, 21:25
Thanks hiveminion :D Notice the chipped paint on the inside? It's hard to see in the pictures but edges and such has exposed metal, also I added dirt to all areas where I imagined that the crew would be walking around. The snow doesn't look good in some of the pictures either but you get the idea :)

Well I did notice the chipped paint but the mud was so subtle it went past me, but that doesn't mean it's unnoticable...it's just so realistic it seems natural, so it doesn't catch your attention...I don't know if I'm making sense but let's just say that's one of the best things about this vehicle.

schoolcormorant
24-05-2007, 21:32
oh....wow!

absolutely amazing. seriously good. the inside looks live-in-able :D

SC

Ritterkreuz1
24-05-2007, 21:35
lovely!!! but what I noticed, Isn't the dirty white from the centaur not a little to contrasting with the clean white coats? I don't know and I don't really care because they are excellent on their own, but just noticed.

Dominus Ex Machina
24-05-2007, 21:47
Well I did notice the chipped paint but the mud was so subtle it went past me, but that doesn't mean it's unnoticable...it's just so realistic it seems natural, so it doesn't catch your attention...I don't know if I'm making sense but let's just say that's one of the best things about this vehicle.
You're making sense, I take it as a great compliment, thanks :D

oh....wow!

absolutely amazing. seriously good. the inside looks live-in-able :D

SC
Hahaha, thanks SC ;)

lovely!!! but what I noticed, Isn't the dirty white from the centaur not a little to contrasting with the clean white coats? I don't know and I don't really care because they are excellent on their own, but just noticed.
You know, I've thought about that (the white on the centaur looking to different from the coats on the men) but I figured that it didn't matter, I liked the dirty color of it and well, it could be rationalized by the paint turning yellowish after a prolonged campaign or something like that. Or the coats are fresh from the drycleaners :angel: Thanks for the compliment!