PDA

View Full Version : Tzaanbull combo, sort of...

pimpadillio
17-03-2007, 23:09
would it be legal to take a doombull give him mark of Tzentch then equip him with the Goretooth so he gets the bear's anger spell so he can boost himself for 7 str8 attacks with hatred? he gets T6 as an added bonus, if its legal it seems like a pretty cool trick:D

Neknoh
17-03-2007, 23:20
No for two reasons:

1. he may only take magic WEAPONS, nothing else from the list

2. he is NOT US1, and therefore not a legal target of Bears Anger

pimpadillio
18-03-2007, 00:14
ah, thanks, not really a beastmen player, just airing ideas... would have been sick tho... but it does work on a Beastlord, one less atk and Toughness tho, but lvl4 mage instead, sounds fun to me^^

Neknoh
18-03-2007, 09:14
Doombull with Orange Fire, Black Maul, Heavy Armour and Shield on the other hand.... YUM!

Or simply a Doombull of Nurgle with the Blade of Blood, after 5 passed T-tests, he'll have 10 wounds

pimpadillio
18-03-2007, 14:21
the classic is a doombull of khorne with the axes of khorgor... not really that awesome but sweet non the less...

MarcoPollo
19-03-2007, 06:51
keep your characters simple. The less you'll forget about when you are fighting.

kruzkal
19-03-2007, 11:37
If you are forgetful have a printed army list handy.

MarcoPollo
20-03-2007, 02:06
Yah! I know Kruzkal.

But even then, we all forget stuff. You know those times when you say to yourself after a game. -- Crap if only I remember X.

Too many tricks on your characters can make you forget when things get going. Even with a list. And I always bring one.

TheWarSmith
20-03-2007, 02:10
zerker blade is awesome too.

dominic_carrillo
20-03-2007, 02:14
and i dont think you can use weapons when your angry like a bear.

TheWarSmith
20-03-2007, 02:15
true that too dominic. you're goin' nuts w/ your hands.

Frankly
21-03-2007, 06:02
L.d.9 is the best thing on a Doombull, it'll keep the rest of your army in the fight. So keeping him alive is more important than killing things game wise.

So I agree with Marco, keeping characters cheap and doing what they're meant to be doing, i.e. running the army is also another option.

Sanjuro
21-03-2007, 07:32
So keeping him alive is more important than killing things game wise.

Well, offense is the best defense, especially in the case of a Doombull, who doesn't get very many defensive trinkets to toy with.

Frankly
22-03-2007, 05:23
Well, offense is the best defense...

No its not. If he hasn't got very many defensive trinkets then don't put him in harms ways.

A doom bull is going to kill all the rank and file + heavy cavalry he'll get too with a G.weapon, plus the fact that usually he's sitting in a unit of minotaurs certainly helps, anything other upgrades is over kill.

Leadership is the back bone of your army, loose that and your just making it harder for yourself. Sure a Doom Bull should get into combat, but it should be against rank and file and as a shock-troop units thats been set up for charges using other parts on your armylist. He shouldn't be a vanguard unit.

ScreamingDoombull
28-03-2007, 00:53
I have to agree with pimpadillo. I run my Doombull with Axes of Khorgor and Mark of Khorne. My opponents fear him greatly. Just remember to bring a retinue of minos and a unit champ. The bull does mean things to rank and file troops but not so much against lord level characters.

Countless games played with the config, and I have yet to regret my choice.

TheWarSmith
28-03-2007, 01:00
stupid thing is that regular nurgle minotaurs get a better save than the Nurgle doombull.

Neknoh
28-03-2007, 06:49
Who's got 5 starting wounds and by killing a (for a doombull) modest ammount of 5 rank and file troops will earn him another 5 wounds if he's got the Blade of Blood

Doombulls w. 10 wounds are... fairly... survivable, esp. with a Shield and Heavy Armour (same save as Minotaurs of Nurgle, thrice the wounds)

MarcoPollo
29-03-2007, 04:14
Yes the blade of blood is a good choice for a doombull. Nurgle also helps. I think a doombull of tzeetch can have its dificulties as it will become a bullseye, and protecting it can create a point sink of a unit.