PDA

View Full Version : Which Slaanesh characters?

Dead Man Walking
18-03-2007, 02:32
I play an army of Slaanesh and I am having problems deciding on which characters to include in my army to make it more competitive for tourneys.

I field 2 units 20 warriors (I usually place mounted mages in them so I field 16 of them to make 20 unit strength)
1 unit of Marauders (I usually place a exalted hero woth GW and strikes first/stupidity crown
1 unit of 10 furies
1 unit of chosen knights

I have been fielding a level 4 mage lord and 2 level 2 mages. Then I have the hero who strikes first for the Mauraders. The mage is on steed of slaanesh with warrior familiar and the two mages on barded steed.

Should I go with 3 level 2's and a fighty lord on steed? Should I drop the exalted hero? Suggestions are much appreciated.

sulla
18-03-2007, 03:06
I used to play an infantry heavy army similar to yours with a lvl3, a lvl2 and the same exhalted champ as you and add in an undivided standard bearer with the book of 'I know a magic level'. It gave a good mix of fighting and magic. Give the sorc lord the sword of might.

I also liked to add chaos trolls to the army and try to get unbreakable on them to kill their stupidity. They become one of the best units in the game if you can do this IMO.

Irakaz
18-03-2007, 07:45
I also liked to add chaos trolls to the army and try to get unbreakable on them to kill their stupidity. They become one of the best units in the game if you can do this IMO.
What do you mean by this? They're still stupid even with the spell on. They just don't break and are immune to pyschology.

kyussinchains
18-03-2007, 11:56
I personally would take a level 4 sorcerer on a barded steed with the daemonsword and talisman of protection, a level 2 with a power familiar, an exalted with berserker sword and enchanted shield on a boobworm, and a foot exalted with the lash of slaanesh, or a great weapon and helm of many eyes, it's not so much of a downside now as he cant go stupid in combat, and his unit will probably get charged anyway!

Dead Man Walking
18-03-2007, 14:25
I use to play with two level 2 shamans but they could never get enough spells off in the game.

Wouldn't it be better to take the magic bindings of slaanesh on the char on the steed of slaanesh (boobworm) since it has a 20" charge and can run into a unit hiding a wizard and force it into combat, in which the worm strikes first?

I am not too keen on taking the berserker sword because I see that as being more of a Khorne weapon. I want to be competetive while remaining within the fluff.

sulla
19-03-2007, 05:29
What do you mean by this? They're still stupid even with the spell on. They just don't break and are immune to pyschology.

In 6th edition, immune to psych used to make you immune to stupidity too...

Da Boyzz
19-03-2007, 10:29
Just a quick question.... reasonably on topic.

I am also starting a Slaanesh army, already have a some models, and i was thinking of running this combo for my Heroes:

Exalted Champion -
Mos, Armour of Damnation, Sword of might
170pts

Chaos Sorceror
MoS, Lvl2, Power familiar
190pts

Chaos Sorceror
MoS, lvl2, Power familiar
190pts

OR

Exalted chaos sorceror
MoS, lvl4, Skull of Katam
345pts

Exalted Champion -
Mos, Armour of Damnation, Sword of might
170pts

Which combo is better?

Hywel
19-03-2007, 15:00
Well only the second option is legal there! :p

As to the original post: Chaos troops are excellent and there should be a lot of them, your characters won't bring so much to the party for their point cost. If we're talking 2000pts I tend to find a simple exalted champion and a sorceror is sufficient. If you want to be magic heavy, that's your choice but it is an expensive option and is more easily countered than more units.