PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Elysians!

The Black Aquila
27-07-2005, 02:20
Hey, for those who can remember I posed a link to photobucket awhile ago with my Elysians on them before I got my new digicam using my webcam. Well, you all told me to post again when I had my Digicam so you could all get a better look at them and now here it is! Hope they are ok, been experimenting with the camera a few days.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y260/TheBlackAquila/Elysians/

For those who have not used Photobucket before, click on the pictures to get the full size of them. Hope you all enjoy! Any feedback would be nice.

New Cult King
27-07-2005, 02:53
I like them a lot :)

While the photos are a little dark, the camo scheme looks subtle and tidy, and the red goggles really make them stand out.

Suggestions? Maybe paint a tiny trim of a 50/50 mix of Blood Red/Blazing Orange around either the top or bottom edges of the goggles just to highlight them a little.

Apart from that, very sweet :D

x-esiv-4c
27-07-2005, 03:44
Excellent work, Always love seeing those drop-troops.

baneful
27-07-2005, 04:49
looking good mate, i needed some inspiration for my units of these guys. but first ill finish the platoon of tanith i just assembled

Capt. Buko
27-07-2005, 05:25
nice work..skin looks a tad unfinished :)

Serpent
27-07-2005, 05:33
I agree with NCK, highlight the visors a bit, and they will look evenbetter. Perhaps you need more light when you take your pics as well?

Serpent

tzeentchgiant
27-07-2005, 12:19
Very nice, only thing is, as serpent said, the pictures aren't very flattering, put a sheet of white paper behind it, and have astronger light source near by.

TG

P.S 1000th post :D

highmarshaldave
27-07-2005, 17:34
Great job, from what I could make out. I agree with taking them with a background (either white, or light grey), and (idealy) using a soft daylight bulb for illumination. And yes, I did art and photography so I know all this crazy ****.

Dave out.

maraxis
28-07-2005, 14:53
Nicely done a bit dark (the photos not the mini's) so cannot make out all the highlighitng and details, but they look really good. It was said previously and I would echo it but the red goggles could use a bit of highlighting on them . . . (if there is any then I appologize)

self biased
28-07-2005, 16:03
possibly make the visors darker and do a gem effect on them.

The Black Aquila
29-07-2005, 07:49
Thanks for the replies guys! I've tried highlighting the visors before and getting a gem affect, but i've never got it to work. I can do it on gems and other small areas like that but I have difficulty on the visors. As for the skin looking unfinished yea, I know it does. The first few models I did I didn't do any shading etc on skin because just wanted to see if my colour scheme I planned looked ok, so need to get round to that. Also i'll try the method you say with a white background and more light and get some more pictures up, thanks again for your replies!

The boyz
29-07-2005, 12:05
They look good I like the urban camou scheme that you have done, I pretty much agree with what everyone has said about the visors though they could do with a bit of a highlight, but apart from that good job.

Bryndyr
29-07-2005, 12:51
Never tried it, but I have been told that when painting minis, be inspired by comics (the way they are drawn and shaded).

On glasses, you will quite oftern see them shaded using either several diagonal lines or a single "lightning bolt" in the centre of the lens.

pompeyladbfp
01-08-2006, 20:43
check out my army on project logs, i have a tip to paint elysian visors on there...

t-tauri
01-08-2006, 23:33
I really like them. They've the look of high tech troopers from a video game. Nice work.

Homer is my idol
14-08-2007, 16:26
just thought i'd add my 0.02, i like the look, sorta stormtrooper- style

Destris
14-08-2007, 18:55
Threadro-necromancy!

Homer is my idol, don't post in really old threads unless you have something important to add, it makes a mess of the forums.

D.

Wintermute
14-08-2007, 19:36
Threadro-necromancy!

Homer is my idol, don't post in really old threads unless you have something important to add, it makes a mess of the forums.

D.

However this does not apply to Project Threads.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

Destris
14-08-2007, 22:26
Does this count as a project thread though? The OP was just showing off his models about a year ago, there haven't been updates, so I was under the impression it wasn't a log. :confused:

D.

EDIT: So for example, if I wanted to post a comment in this (http://warseer.com/forums/m-p-t-general-discussion/11-dark-angels-dread-predator.html) thread, that would be acceptable?

Wintermute
15-08-2007, 07:32
Does this count as a project thread though? The OP was just showing off his models about a year ago, there haven't been updates, so I was under the impression it wasn't a log. :confused:

D.

EDIT: So for example, if I wanted to post a comment in this (http://warseer.com/forums/m-p-t-general-discussion/11-dark-angels-dread-predator.html) thread, that would be acceptable?

I hadn't realised the thread was so old.

Thread closed

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition