PDA

View Full Version : Clan Skyre 2500 points

Sir_Lunchalot
18-03-2007, 06:01
I picked up the Skaven list today, as the fluff has had me interested for a while. it started with me looking through the magic items list, and finding out you could make some pretty nasty generals. then I went and bought the book, and came up with this list.

LORDS

Fangweasel the Hindmost
Skaven Warlord with Skalm, Crown of the Horned Rat, Great weapon, Heavy armor, and shield
205 pts

HEROES

Scuttletooth the Clever
Chieftain with Battle Standard, heavy armor, War Banner
99 pts

Arcductor the Engineer
Warlock Engineer with warplock pistol, Warp blades, Warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp power accumulator, 2 Dispel Scrolls
145 pts

Morductor of Black Chasm
Chieftain with weeping blade, Heavy armor, Shield.
96 pts

CORE

Clanrats
25 clanrats, full command, ratling gun
210 pts

Clanrats
25 clanrats, full command, ratling gun
210 pts

Clanrats
25 clanrats, full command,
150 pts

Clanrat Slaves
20 Slaves
40 pts

Clanrat Slaves
20 Slaves
40 pts

Clanrat Slaves
20 Slaves
40 pts

Stormvermin
30 stormvermin with full command, banner of the Swarm
285 pts

Globadiers
10 Globadiers
100 pts

Globadiers
100 pts

Night Runners
10 Night Runners, Nightleader
60 pts

Night Runners
60 pts

Night Runners
60 pts

SPECIAL

Warplock Jezzails
10 Jezzails
200 pts

Warplock Jezzails
10 Jezzails
200 pts

RARE

Warp Lightning Cannon
100 pts

Warp Lightning Cannon
100 pts

TOTAL: 2500 pts

I like the list, but I'm concerned about leadership. I know the general will provide me a big boost in the middle of the field, but I'm worried that the bulk of my army may force a block of clanrats outside of the leadership radius. That said, My general would always go in the middle of the biggest, tough block of troops he can find. and I love the idea of my 30 strong block of Stormvermin causing fear. should I swap out my warlock engineers for chieftains? or drop the BSB? If I drop one engineer I'll drop the other as well. I believe an all or none approach usually works best with magic.

And yes, I do play Imperial Guard as my warhammer 40 000 army.

spikedog
18-03-2007, 07:45
:cheese:

You should win a lot of games.

And lose a lot of friends.

Globadiers are Skyre troops as well you know.

Weapon
18-03-2007, 07:46
Its your run of the mill SAD list, minus a Grey Seer. It will win alot.

PrinnySquad
18-03-2007, 08:44
-_0

Thats a LOT of shootyness.
Good Luck with that >_>

Wings of Doom
18-03-2007, 11:35
LORDS

Fangweasel the Clever
Skaven Warlord with Bands of Power, Warpstone Armor, Warpstone Amulet, warplock pistol, heavy armor, and shield

You cannot mix warpstone armour and heavy armour.

I'm concerned about leadership.

Don't be, you have strength in numbers.

Sir_Lunchalot
18-03-2007, 17:11
Thanks for spotting that Wings.

Rathstar
18-03-2007, 17:49
Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not too impressed by this list. It nice magic and firepower, but it has too few models and no magic defense.

At 219 models it's not that big for a 2500 pt list. Your achilles heel in this list the the vast number of pts you have in the jezzails, warp lightning cannons and ratling guns (over 1000 pts).

As your main force moves forwards to get the ratling guns in range, the jezzails will be left with leadership 5 against panic or terror checks. Any shooting that can see a ratling gun should be able to kill one (as they're only 1 toughness 3 wound to kill).

I would reduce the no.of ratling guns to 2, reduce the number of jezzails, and invest in some gutter runner tunneller teams to go after warmachines. I would also invest in some small night runner teams to help divert the enemy, and also add a couple of deployment steps before the enemy starts to know where your main units and jezzails are going to be.

I would also add in at least 1 dispel scroll, as you are using so many jezzails which are liable to panic at the first magic missile they receive.

Even with all my criticism I think the current list could still massacre some opponents very easily (especially knight heavy lists) but will struggle against a good general with a competitive list.

Jezzails at long range will kill 8 or 9 models (if the're not skirmished), and the warplightning cannons a roughly the same with good rolls. Most of your magic will not get much through most people's defense the 1st two turns (maybe 3). If the models you killing in the 1st half of the game are the enemies knights and mosters you stand a good chance, otherwise they will hit you ranked units which are a basically only 4 (after the slaves have either paniced, fled, or been slaughtered in combat).

The style of army you have bought is like playing rock, paper, scissors. If they have an elite army relying on a few small hard units you will slaughter him easily. If they have bought a mainly infrantry army with magic you will find it extremely hard to win. For example I would fancy my 2000 pt skaven army against your list, not because I'm that good, but because your army can not face that type of army (and my army doesn't even cast magic for jezzails to worry about).

My main advice is that you need more depth in the list to deal with your nemesis type of lists (eg. very fast flanking forces, infantry with warmachine or magic). Tone back on the jezzails (they are only good for their pts against certain types of targets, and no army is going to be full of them), tone back on the ratling guns (same weakness as jezzails), and tone back on the magic items. This would save loads of pts to give the army more depth (eg. tunnelling gutter runners, small cheap night runner teams, plague monks with censer bearers guarded from frenzy by giant rats or nightrunners to hold a flank away from the general etc.).

Rathstar

Sir_Lunchalot
20-03-2007, 01:18
Okay, I tweaked the list. changes: switched around magic items, built the cowardly lord designed to stay alive as long as possible. The BSB downgraded his standard, Dropped a pair of ratling guns, as well as one of the jezzail squads. The slaves are now only 20 strong. I took 20 globadiers, in the list they're listed as two blocks of 10, but I'll probably split them up into blocks of 5 or less, to add in deployment steps so I can see how the enemy deploys. I also too a trio of night runner teams. I gave one of my warplock engineers a pair of dispel scrolls, and replaced the other one with a fighty champion. I'll either throw him in with the other 2 fighters in the stormvermin to fight, or more likely in one of my far off clanrat blocks to give them less cruddy leadership. Whaddaya think now?

dominic_carrillo
20-03-2007, 02:12
i would think that a clan skyre army would have more than one warplock engineer