PDA

View Full Version : Boredom and lack of weapon batteries =

USABOB
18-03-2007, 07:24
I don't know what made me do it but I took the time to make a rules page to deal the situation of lack of weapon batteries that come in imperial cruiser boxes. There is always the option to make more gothics :p , but I wanted to try something different. Help on the point costs would be appreciated :cool: .

fracas
18-03-2007, 18:11
very interesting

Inquisitor Maul
18-03-2007, 20:52
Cool. I like it.

ReDavide
18-03-2007, 20:58
The nid player in me starts getting a little pissy when other races start trying to give themselves armory-style modular weapon systems at no cost, but that's just me being greedy. :)

I'd play against them happily as they are, and play against them enthusiastically if you gave yourself a 5-pt "punishment" for the privilege of swapping out your weapons systems.

IncrediSteve
18-03-2007, 21:10
The pricing seems about right.

To balance that I think you should include rules like the Voss cruisers have, only allowed to take Variant Dictators on a 1:1 basis with standard Dictators. That'd make it perfectly fair I think.

USABOB
18-03-2007, 21:41
The nid player in me starts getting a little pissy when other races start trying to give themselves armory-style modular weapon systems at no cost, but that's just me being greedy. :)

I'd play against them happily as they are, and play against them enthusiastically if you gave yourself a 5-pt "punishment" for the privilege of swapping out your weapons systems. Yeah, I know what you mean, I dislike when people start putting nova cannons and armoured prows on chaos ships. But I think one imperial ship like this is acceptable, and needed :) . People can make a dominator or tyrant and still have the option of making a dictator out of a cruiser box, not just another gothic.

The pricing seems about right.

To balance that I think you should include rules like the Voss cruisers have, only allowed to take Variant Dictators on a 1:1 basis with standard Dictators. That'd make it perfectly fair I think. Very interesting idea, at a modelling point I don't know about limiting the lance version (some people may like overlords, tyrants, dominators and still want a carrier option out of their limited bits stock) but the pure carrier version would seem appropriate to give a limitation to. Something to take into consideration, thanks for the idea :) .

ReDavide
18-03-2007, 21:48
You could maybe use a battlecruiser-style limitation system instead of the Voss one: take at least one normal cruiser (of any sort) per variant Dictator.

orangesm
18-03-2007, 23:11
I like the idea of you have to take 1 cruiser of any type (including the standard Dictator) in order to take either of the 2 variant Dictators.

Although the Cruiser Variant I think could develop into its own class of ship, possibly even a Battlecruiser.

USABOB
19-03-2007, 03:24
Thanks for the "take at least one normal cruiser (of any sort) per variant Dictator" suggestion It is very reasonable and I have incorporated it into the pdf.

IncrediSteve
26-03-2007, 01:01
You might also consider the Jovian Class Battlecruiser from BFG Magazine #1

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8671/joviannl4.jpg

This was taken from the BFG Additional Ships Compendium 1.4, which is available somewhere on the SG forums; I stumbled upon it once and downloaded, but haven't been able to find it since for some reason.

IncrediSteve
07-04-2007, 03:52
Also, if anyone wants some weapon batteries, I've got ten sets of them up for grabs in my goods for Destris trading thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78262).