PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Khorne Doombull and Beasties...

Your Mum Rang
18-03-2007, 15:55
Hey all! I have a further 230 points left to spend here. I'd like advice on what to get as well as general comments on the effectiveness of the list! I'm considering an Exalted Daemon as flying is always gonna help! Also some Tuskgor Chariots would make a nice second wave!

Characters
Doombull of Blood: Heavy Armour - Shield - Blade of Blood @ 264pts
Cheap and cheeful leader who gives me nice offensive power and DD. I can't really see the need for any other characters at the moment!

Core
3 Minotaurs of Blood: Great Weapons @ 183pts
Pretty self-explanatory. Give me another 4 DD and lots of attacks. These are my hammers.

Special
3 Chaos Trolls @ 165pts
Bodyguard for the Doombull. His LD will help them lots!
8 Chaos Furies @ 120pts
Crossfire and Warmachine hunters.
8 Flesh Hounds of Khorne @ 128pts
Awesome! Speed will prove useful for flank charges. They can also gang up on enemy units and auto-break if I'm lucky.

Rare
3 Ogre Bulls: Musician @ 115pts
3 Ogre Bulls: Musician @ 115pts
Bait and free. Redirectors. Nothing more.

1767pts

As always help is appreicated!!!

RavenBloodwind
18-03-2007, 16:48
Well, the big concern I think you'll have is being led around by the rings in your nose with all those frenzied troops. Admittedly 6" move means the bait units have to be careful and fast, but there are plenty of troops up to that task.

Some means of screening your minotaur units would be very useful.

Unsure if it keeps with your notion of theme but a few beastherds could fulfill the screening role nicely to keep your frenzied minotaurs from getting themselves flanked in every game. Not looking at BoC book at present so unsure if beastherds would count as specials, that would be the other issue besides theme to botch this as a plan.

The ogres should also work well for this as, at present, they're the only unit you have that can flee.

Short answer, something to screen your frenzied units to keep them from being 'herded' all game by your opponent.

Your Mum Rang
20-03-2007, 13:01
How's this?

Characters
Doombull of Blood: Heavy Armour - Shield - Slaughterer's Blade @ 269pts

Core

Special
4 Chosen Knights of Khorne: Champion + Musician @ 255pts
8 Chaos Furies @ 120pts

Rare
4 Dragon Ogres: Great Weapons - Light Armour @ 316pts
Spawn of Chaos @ 50pts

1998pts

wildkarrde0
20-03-2007, 14:36
this list has the same problem that the first has the frenzy troops will be pull all over the place by any fast cav so rather than the knights add in two beastment herds of a decent size i like the trolls that was a nice idea on change i would make is split the 12 minators into 3 units of 4 it will give them little more surviabilty against missile fire the extra dispel could be recouped i can't think of anything else to say.

Inkosi
20-03-2007, 15:32
the second list is worse than the 1st.

1. you didnt address the problems in the 1st list.

2. you made it worse.

Khorne armies need screens. you dont have them. theres only 2 units in your army that cant be baited. true, it might not be possible for your opponent to bait all your frenzied units.

he doesnt have to. he just need to bait one or two that would block the way of the others and you have 80% of your army jammed up.

you need screens dude. and you need light cav. power isnt going to win you everything even if you're khorne.

Lord_Byron
20-03-2007, 16:39
I don't know. I think he has too many frenzied units to have them all baited. Granted, some will, and it will be a big problem. Deployment will be a key issue, but clever placement of the flesh hounds can keep away the faster bait elements, and unless he ends up running against an OnG player with 6-8 units of wolf riders, he'll still be seeing combat with some of the frenzied troops, in my humble opinion.

Your Mum Rang
20-03-2007, 17:15
Okay. Stripping down to a basic skeleton what should I add or remove?

Mazdug
20-03-2007, 18:11
My suggestion would be to use the first list, but without the ogres and instead with some chariots, and a million warhounds. The warhounds could screen, they can bait, they can flank, and they are about as inexpensive pointswise a troop choice as you can get in a chaos army. I think you can afford almost 40 of them with just the points you have left.

Your Mum Rang
20-03-2007, 18:16
My main problem with Warhounds is that I cannot afford them! a 36pts unit costs 18!! Not a worthy investment if you ask me!

Mazdug
20-03-2007, 21:47
I forget what if costs, but have you thought about some greenstuff and direct ordering some goblin wolf mounts. I'm pretty sure that they are cheaper and you can green stuff some horns or tentacles onto them and have warhounds galore.