PDA

View Full Version : Mounts and Hatred

sds661
19-03-2007, 00:03
Given that mounts are considered frenzied if their riders are, does the same apply to hatred?

monkeyboyalpha
19-03-2007, 00:10
Yes the mount gets the bonus from Hatred.

BFSP rulebook, characters section, page 79, mount's psychology.

It's all explained there for you.

MBA

kruzkal
19-03-2007, 00:11
Yes in both cases. Note that Frenzy due to the Mark of Khorne is an exception to the rule.

MOUNT'S PSYCHOLOGY
Immunity to Psychology or Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn, Unbreakable. If either the rider or the steed is subject to any if these rules, the whole combined model is. This means that all the parts of the model (a monstrous mount, or the crew and steeds pulling a chariot) are affected by these rules.

sds661
19-03-2007, 10:57
Thanks ... I always forget to look there ... I just read the psychology rules where it explicit.

TheWarSmith
19-03-2007, 23:56
I love that khorne got excluded in that huge buff to frenzy.

Lord Dan
20-03-2007, 00:17
S4 horses don't need an extra attack.

larabic
20-03-2007, 00:28
I love that khorne got excluded in that huge buff to frenzy.

As if Chaos Hvy Cav or chariots really needed more of a boost.

TheWarSmith
20-03-2007, 00:55
Oh, I agree. I just find it funny that it's everybody.....BUT Khorne.

Lord Dan
20-03-2007, 01:06
Well before the FAQ came out Khorne players were swearing up and down that their mounts undeniably DID have the extra attack. I think that GW did it specifically to make them look like idiots.

Palatine Katinka
20-03-2007, 03:56
I think they did it because there is a bracketted part in the Mark of Khorne rules saying something like note that mounts do not benefit from frenzy. At the time of writing that was just a reminder of standard rules but now it is an exception. I suspect it will change next time Chaos gets an army book but for now its like that because it stops arguments mid game. If you are at a tournament and someone points out the wording of the rules, that is the way it is played, it isn't dubious at all. Now that GW isn't wanting to change rules through FAQ's/Errata will have to wait for a new book. On the plus side, no need to keep checking for changes to the rules and carrying printouts, no chance of turning up to an event to find out your army isn't legal because of changes put on the 'net a few months back. (For example, Space Wolves in 40k had options removed because they didn't make sense {Terminator Armoured Scouts} but people still did it at tournaments because they hadn't seen the FAQ)

TheWarSmith
20-03-2007, 04:05
Two questions.

1)Could you take savage orcs on any kind of mount in the LAST OG book?

2)If so, did it mention anything about the mounts?

sds661
20-03-2007, 04:07
Yes!! On boars, and with the new rules and the Str 5 tusker charge they are absurd. As noted in a previous post, my mate and I intend to ignore the extra attack in games we play against each other. (The boars did not get the extra attack under 6th Ed)

Atrahasis
20-03-2007, 04:12
Now that GW isn't wanting to change rules through FAQ's/ErrataToo late, they changed rules in the first FAQ issued under 7th edition.

Palatine Katinka
20-03-2007, 04:28
Two questions.

You got boarboyz but the boars weren't listed as frenzied and you didn't upgrade to being frenzied the way Knights of Khorne do.

The issue with the Mark of Khorne was that you paid for a unit to be upgraded and that unit became frenzied but it was noted that it was the riders and not the mounts that gained the benefits. (And the unit generated a dispel die, included for completeness.)

@Atrahasis
As to rules being changed in FAQ's, sometimes it can't be helped, sometimes people are just stupid, they are only human after all... ;)

Gorbad Ironclaw
20-03-2007, 09:16
Two questions.

Boarboys, and no, in last edition there wasn't anything of that sort. Frenzy, Hatred etc. did absolutely not transfer to your mount in 6th, and I'm still just a little puzzled why it was felt it had to do in 7th.

Avian
20-03-2007, 09:50
I'm still just a little puzzled why it was felt it had to do in 7th.
I would assume that they found it to be simpler and at least the question of what types of psychology transferred from the mount to the rider (or vice-versa) was certainly a topic in 6th. For example: Fear did transfer, but Hatred, Frenzy or Stupidity did not.

I belive they rules that everything transferred to have a single rule for everything.