PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to Finalise My Bret MSU List - 2000 points

Cloud Strife
19-03-2007, 04:15
Well decided that Bretonnians are my new army to get, adios me Dark Elf amigos, eBay for you... as just feel much more attracted to the background of the Bretonnian book than I do the Dark Elf book, that and I've got more desire to paint my batallion to high standards than I do my Elf army.

Anyway, as I said I've got a batallion, and in addition I've got one Lord who I think I can get to fit on my Pegasus from another army to give me options, along with a Battle Standard and 5 Pistoliers to soon become Mounted Yeomen.

Anyway, I've worked out how much I'm expecting as minimum for the Elves and these are two lists that I think I can put together for a reasonable price and I'm just trying to decide upon which one to build (although since 2nd uses another batallion I think it might be the slightly cheaper one) and any advice on this and on the lists in general would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and before I start posting I will make it clear that I really like the look and idea of Knights Errant and all their fluff, so I'll always take at least 3 units of them with me (still working on history for both lists) so try not to take them away. I also know about the Errantry war list, but I'm tending towards it being a bit too much like powergaming for me so I'll leave that for people who deserve it.

List One

Bretonnian Lord, Lance, Shield, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Knightly Temper, Cuirass of Fortune, Tress of Isoulde = 220

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Duty, War Banner = 129

Damsel of the Lady, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Dispel Scroll, Chalice of Malfleur = 129

Damsel of the Lady, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, 2 Dispel Scrolls = 134

7 Knights Errant, Musician, Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner = 181
(Paladin and Damsel probably join this unit)

6 Knights Errant, Musician = 127

5 Knights Errant, Musician = 107

7 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standard Bearer, Conqueror's Tapestry = 217
(Lord and Damsel probably join this unit)

10 Peasant Bowmen, Braziers, Musician, Standard Bearer = 80

(I know the Standards won't do much, but they look cool and could help versus fast cavalry, oh and my local GW has too many Treekin and Treemen around to not take Braziers for a laugh - reason for two block archers units is that I intend on putting a Trebuchet in later, and sticking it between them, again just for looking good and neat)

3 Pegasus Knights = 165

5 Mounted Yeomen, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer = 101

Total Points = 1999

List Two

Bretonnian Lord, Grail Vow, Lance, Royal Pegasus, Virtue of Knightly Temper, The Grail Shield, Tress of Isoulde = 289

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Virtue of Duty, War Banner = 129

Damsel of the Lady, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Dispel Scroll, Chalice of Malfleur = 129

7 Knights Errant, Musician, Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner = 181
(Paladin and Damsel join this unit)

6 Knights of the Realm, Musician= 152

6 Knights of the Realm, Musician= 152

3 Pegasus Knights, Musician = 175

3 Pegasus Knights, Musician = 175

(Again Trebuchet to be added last once I get money)

Total Points = 1998

As I said at the moment I'm swaying towards list Two due to financial costs, but still haven't decided, so any help and advice would be appreciated.

MarcoPollo
20-03-2007, 01:13
Very good lists I think.

I only have minor adjustments and I by no means am an expert with bretonians. I am collecting a set myself and will be using a list similar to this.

I think that some men at arms will create a good balance.
I like all the mounted Yeomen. Excellent in setting up the impetuous charges that will inevitable occur.

You might want to think about 3 grail knights. Such a small unit, at 99pts can be a real pain and will not draw alot of attention. Plus you have the rare slots available.

I am a big fan of MSU tactics and think your list will do well.