broodjeork
19-03-2007, 15:35
im tjinking about starting orks with AI couze i like orks
but dont really have an idea what there like and what they do best

if someone could give me some info and advice on how to start an ork airfleet
and what is the averige size of an fleet and how much money i should spent

Mozzamanx
19-03-2007, 16:11
From what ive heard, orks are a slow, horde army that hits like a ton of bricks up close

broodjeork
19-03-2007, 17:48
From what ive heard, orks are a slow, horde army that hits like a ton of bricks up close

lol, really wanna play em now

"ton of bricks" more daka dak daka

deff skwadron to da skys:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

23rd elysian
19-03-2007, 20:15
They arnt THAT slow. They have a lower thrust rating than imperial craft but have a higher maximum speed. (obviously compared to eldar they are slow but who isnt). Seeing as you can usually start at any speed you like the low thrust shouldnt be too much of an issue.

As has been said LOTS of close range firepower and pretty cheap.

marv335
19-03-2007, 20:55
and grot bombs, don't forget the grot bombs :D
and as has been said, an ork fighta at close range is a very frightening prospect.
I have a mini air waagh, 4 fightas and 2 fighta-bommas. add a pack of grot bombs and you're sorted.

broodjeork
19-03-2007, 21:21
and grot bombs, don't forget the grot bombs :D
and as has been said, an ork fighta at close range is a very frightening prospect.
I have a mini air waagh, 4 fightas and 2 fighta-bommas. add a pack of grot bombs and you're sorted.

i was thinking of that exact same force but i wont by it in one go
what would u think is bets to by first ( exept from the book)

and what about grot bombs, how do they work ( hopefuly as good as they look)

mageboltrat
19-03-2007, 21:24
go with a pack of Fightaz first. I personally prefer the SG ones I think they look cool, but they are much smaller.

broodjeork
19-03-2007, 21:30
go with a pack of Fightaz first. I personally prefer the SG ones I think they look cool, but they are much smaller.

sounds resonable

they should really make an ork skyfortress like in the comic deff skwadron
then there would be an orc ecuvalant of the manta or vampire
really slow but with loads loads loads and loads of guns

andthe squig drop attack against ground forces:evilgrin:

mageboltrat
19-03-2007, 21:54
They should also make one of these
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/mageboltrat/Epic%20Orks/mail-squigeon-01.jpg

broodjeork
19-03-2007, 21:59
....... is that a squigdeon.......

as in catch the squigdeon....

COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL:evilgrin:

Boss Floata
19-03-2007, 22:15
after having about 4 or 5 wins under my belt with my orks, i can safely say they have not been dumped on as the comic force like in BFG

4 mghtas, 2 fightabommas and a pack of GB's would set you out a decent size force. i think around 100 points.

if you have rokkits then take a potshot at medium range. 2 rokkits and 4 shoota shots can easily take down most aircraft.

Grotbombs really are ace. best agains grouped enemys. a really SIRTY trick is, when it looks like you're gonna take your opponent to disengage level, bump up your FB's speed and launch some grot bombs. then chase after the disengaging aicraft with them.usually works.

but yeah, in general. the thrust 1 is a bit annoying at times, but not so much that some clever manuvering can't compensate for it. but they do hit like a ton of bricks when they get there.

mageboltrat
19-03-2007, 22:22
I never bother with rockets. I would rather keep them really cheep. Grot bombs look ace though.

rev
20-03-2007, 23:00
I got beat by an ork squadron today - its amazing how many dice they can throw at short range! scary!

mageboltrat
21-03-2007, 00:04
Yeah.. I beat you up good rev :) DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

rev
21-03-2007, 00:24
yeh - i didnt realise quite how dirty they were up close till you couldnt fit all the dice in your hand :'(

mageboltrat
21-03-2007, 00:28
you still managed to get off a lascannon shot at extreme range. (I'm sure you knocked that lightning by 'accident' :) )

Orks are definitely not a joke fleet in AI, so if you like Orks get some. You will find they can win (quite often). You can also shout DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA and run around the room with your arms out making plane noises.

broodjeork
21-03-2007, 09:48
you still managed to get off a lascannon shot at extreme range. (I'm sure you knocked that lightning by 'accident' :) )

Orks are definitely not a joke fleet in AI, so if you like Orks get some. You will find they can win (quite often). You can also shout DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA and run around the room with your arms out making plane noises.

dammm im getting more and more exited by the second, more dice then u can fit in your hand??? how many planes where shooting? thats scary ( in a really good way)

i always like to get up close and personal wazza dakka dakka waaagh!!!!1:D :D :evilgrin:

greewn is best

rev
21-03-2007, 10:02
2 ork fightas within 6" i think, 8 shots each, plus an extra 4 each for sustained fire - 24 shots?!?!

my poor lightning only had 1 or 2 lol

mageboltrat
27-03-2007, 16:42
Grot bombz rockz me world... Those lil *$%&ers get everywhere. Just played a game where I fielded 4 fighter Bombers all loaded with em against Eldar. Lauched half of them in turn 1. Turn 2 I was at 13 activations to the 6 the Eldar could muster. During the game they took out 2 Nightwings and took 4 hit points of the pair of Vampires. I will be taking them again.

broodjeork
27-03-2007, 21:29
Grot bombz rockz me world... Those lil *$%&ers get everywhere. Just played a game where I fielded 4 fighter Bombers all loaded with em against Eldar. Lauched half of them in turn 1. Turn 2 I was at 13 activations to the 6 the Eldar could muster. During the game they took out 2 Nightwings and took 4 hit points of the pair of Vampires. I will be taking them again.

lol... dat will teach dos peky long ear ummmies
orks is best

just got a problem with finding a credit card wich i can use