PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Cult of Slaanesh

proximity
27-07-2005, 10:57
Hi there, ive been looking into forming an army of empire nuns gone bad... (i wont bore you with all the fluff ideas, but check some of my other posts if you're interested) - and will be running the Cult of Slaanesh list for it.. I do intend to use this for tournement play, however i freely admit that making army lists has never been my area of expertice, i have a habit of taking units that will look pretty, rather than units that will help me win games.. im more of a painter than a gamer im afraid ;) So feel free to mercilessly rip this to shreds :]

Cult of Slaanesh

Keeper of Secrets 625

Sisters of Slaanesh Priestess 130

16 Devoted of Slaanesh 192
Musician, Standard, Mistress - with Speed of slaanesh 40

16 Daemonettes 240
Champion, Musician, Standard 35

20 Marauding Sisters 100
Light Armour and Shields 40
Standard, Musician, Champion 25

7 Mounted Daemonettes 210

7 Mounted Daemonettes 210

Chaos Spawn (fiend of Slaanesh) 75

Chaos Spawn (fiend of Slaanesh) 75

total : 1997

Model Count : 70
Power Dice : 8
Dispell Dice : 5

proximity
28-07-2005, 09:29
noone at all :<?

RaZeR
28-07-2005, 11:12
hmmm
well i know very little about CoS, all i know is from reading posts by BaronDeSade on the GW forums.

however, you might want to try some bolt throwers instead of those Spawn. they never work for BDS, but thats cos he's so terribly bad at rolling for them :)

if you want a lot of VERY expert advice, go to the GW forums, search by author, find BDS and read about his Grand Unifying Battle Strategy and Army... :)

celestine
28-07-2005, 11:44
I think it's quite nice, I like the use of the keeper but I aggree with RaZeR here. I have found the spawn to be quite useless. I would alse drop the Mounted daemonettes down to 6 each (No. of Slaanesh) I might also consider dropping some of the marauders. With that I would go for a bolt thrower and mabey some dark riders for baiting and Warachines.

Celestine

Megilain
29-07-2005, 07:47
16 Daemonettes 240
Champion, Musician, Standard 35

Im afraid daemonettes can only have command group, when used in a deamonic legion army.

You certainly have a balanced and different from the usual CoS list here. You have a solid center and fast flanks. Unfortunately your army is also quite small and vulnerable, for an infantry based force. Perhaps you could consider taking a little bit more mass in the form of another unit of marauders, you could ditch two mounted deamonettes from both units and with the points from illegal daemonette command group you could get a copy of your marauder unit. This would go a lot better to the theme than few bolt throwers hanging at the back while the rest of the amry advances...

proximity
30-07-2005, 01:57
Im afraid daemonettes can only have command group, when used in a deamonic legion army.

You certainly have a balanced and different from the usual CoS list here. You have a solid center and fast flanks. Unfortunately your army is also quite small and vulnerable, for an infantry based force. Perhaps you could consider taking a little bit more mass in the form of another unit of marauders, you could ditch two mounted deamonettes from both units and with the points from illegal daemonette command group you could get a copy of your marauder unit. This would go a lot better to the theme than few bolt throwers hanging at the back while the rest of the amry advances...

Ahh see, this is the exact kinda advise I was after :) I dont actually own either of the books and have only recently returned to the hobby after a VERY long absense, Ive largly pilfered points costs from other army lists, using maths to work out exact values :) I think I'll do just that (i.e. your suggestion) - and yeah, due to theme/fluff I really wanted to steer away from bolt throwers, its just un nun-like to keep one of those away for a rainy day ;)