PDA

View Full Version : The Fallen

AlphaLegion
19-03-2007, 21:10
I had the weirdest dream the other night, I had a dream that I wrote a codex for the fallen army and I had a kick ass army. I always thought about having a fallen arm or not, I think it will be good for fluff. Please do not write any thing about the odds are low, because they add a thing that could bend the wrap in my dream witch they go through time and kind others and they had recruitment camps around many planets. So what do you guys think about a fallen army, good and bad.

The Emperor
19-03-2007, 21:15
As a separate army list, bad. But it doesn't need to be. One could make a decent Fallen army with the Chaos list. And with the upcoming Chaos Codex, and the rumors about a new Cypher miniature, it's likely that there'll be something for the Fallen in that Codex.

AlphaLegion
19-03-2007, 21:28
yea, but I meant like a branch like the DA, BA, ect SM armys but it would be for chaos

==Me==
19-03-2007, 21:41
The Fallen don't gather together in large groups for obvious reasons. More Fallen = more DA on their trails.

Also, Fallen themselves don't really have much different from regular CSMs, so it's easy to represent them with the normal rules. I prefer the Alpha Legion or LatD rules to represent not just the Fallen, but the humans they subvert to their cause to do all the dirty work.

Onisuzume
19-03-2007, 21:53
I had the weirdest dream the other night, I had a dream that I wrote a codex for the fallen army and I had a kick ass army
I'd have to break the news, but someone beat you to it. :p
It's at the Fortress of the Unforgiven (http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/CH01_02CoU_00.html).(where else would it be?)

Da Reddaneks
19-03-2007, 21:59
As a separate army list, bad.
i agree. They dont need rules or a codex but as a theme for a Dark Angels or Chaos army i think it would be great. I hope you do it.

AlphaLegion
19-03-2007, 22:00
Wow, damn I was slow. Thanks, ill check the codex out and add it my bookmark. and I prolly add you to my friend list.

Lord Balian
19-03-2007, 23:56
The Fallen don't gather together in large groups for obvious reasons. More Fallen = more DA on their trails.

Also, Fallen themselves don't really have much different from regular CSMs, so it's easy to represent them with the normal rules. I prefer the Alpha Legion or LatD rules to represent not just the Fallen, but the humans they subvert to their cause to do all the dirty work.

This is what I did. I'm just wrapping up a 2000 point Fallen army. I'm using Chaos Alpha Legion rules. Using chaos allows you to field Cypher, but so would using IG. go figure.

I have Cypher, an HQ that is a Fallen Chaplain, the single squad of Fallen marines that Cypher's rules allow(but being alpha legion it can be just a basic marine troop unit). I then have 3 full squads of cultists that are acting as paid mercenaries the Fallen hired to fill the ranks. I also have a dread, predator and a unit of terminators. All my armor and vehicles is battle damaged to show they have been in disrepair over all these years.

And the new DA codex actually lends to armies of Fallen now. It states things like they sometimes group up together to form a formidable fighting force, in which the DW struggle against and can loose many marines fighting.

Meticulous
20-03-2007, 00:03
I like the idea of using Grey Knight rules for Fallen; they're so expensive, you really don't want to lose any (hey, just like the Fallen! How handy is that, lol).

Plus, then Storm Troopers/Inducted Guardsmen = mercenaries. Somehow it works.