Ghouls (8#, 74 Pts)
7 Ghouls
1 Ghast

Ghouls (8#, 74 Pts)
7 Ghouls
1 Ghast

Black Knights (7#, 246 Pts)
6 Black Knights
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Undead
1 Hell Knight
Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Banner of the Barrows
7 Nightmare

Black Knights (7#, 226 Pts)
6 Black Knights
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Undead
1 Hell Knight
Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 War Banner
7 Nightmare

Fell Bats (4#, 80 Pts)
4 Fell Bats

Fell Bats (4#, 80 Pts)
4 Fell Bats

Dire Wolves (7#, 80 Pts)
6 Dire Wolves
1 Doom Wolf

Dire Wolves (7#, 80 Pts)
6 Dire Wolves
1 Doom Wolf

Dire Wolves (7#, 80 Pts)
6 Dire Wolves
1 Doom Wolf

Banshee (1#, 90 Pts)
1 Banshee

Black Coach (1#, 200 Pts)
1 Black Coach
1 Wraith
Great Weapon
2 Nightmare

Total Roster Cost: 2242

Is this army any good? A little concerned about the lack of magic defence, but apart from that, it seems ok.

Opinions please!

Weapon
20-03-2007, 21:52
I've never actually seen a FC list, and it looks interesting. Let us know how it goes.

dominic_carrillo
20-03-2007, 21:56
your general should really have curse of the revanent. other than that it should do ok. i personally dont use the coach in my Flying circus because it doesnt fit the fluff, but whatever's clever.

Chris_Tzeentch
20-03-2007, 22:12
I liked the idea of having a Romany gypsie type undead caravan thing.

It would look cool.

I could replace it with Maneaters - I would use the Heresy Ghoul King miniatures as stand ins. That would be quite a nasty unit really.

I would have to drop the Banshee, as Maneaters take up two rare choices.

However, that would give me another very tough combat unit.

dominic_carrillo
20-03-2007, 23:53
i think the black coach is nice, but your army would have a problem supporting it.

IronBrother
21-03-2007, 00:14
I too would drop the black coach, my FC was decent and looked similar to yours, just be aware that you are going to have trouble winning combats. Ranks and other undead will kill you.

Chris_Tzeentch
21-03-2007, 13:25
Do you think maneaters would be better than the coach and the banshee?

Three Headed Monkey
21-03-2007, 13:54
Another good idea is to crank up the fell bat units to 5 each as then they can land behind a unit you vamps have charged and if they flee through em, then instantly destroyed.

Useful if you dont want to pursue or just to be really sure that a unit cannot escape.

Tutore
21-03-2007, 15:09
Interesting list, although I think it gets lots of difficulties against ranked infantry.

Chris_Tzeentch
21-03-2007, 18:59
The problem is, there is no decent ranked cheap undead cavalry - there isnt much in any of the other armies for that matter. However, I could amalgamate the units of Black Knights to have a nasty close combat unit that is fast, tough and has ranks.

Decent solution?

dominic_carrillo
21-03-2007, 19:04
perhaps, but a huged cavallry unit lacks the mobility of two or three smaller ones. i think your best bet is your friend the combined charge.

Chris_Tzeentch
28-05-2007, 17:46
Agreed. I will lose the Black Coach too. A number of undead players I have spoken to don't rate it at all. Too vulnerable to S7 hits.

Rabban
29-05-2007, 00:44
Agreed. I will lose the Black Coach too. A number of undead players I have spoken to don't rate it at all. Too vulnerable to S7 hits.

That's almost a reason to keep it in this list as your count is similarly vulnerable to cannon balls and the like.

I think magic defence will be a huge problem as you only have 3 dipell dice. Any army with few magic missiles will hurt, as will wood elves (if theres a few woods) as you can't really counter tree singing, very few of your units want to enter difficult terrain (no flying, and cavalry take a while to get out).

A little shooting would see your by anyone would see your ghouls run away as they only need 2 casualties to force a panic test. I'd try to get the units up to 9 (maybe takeout the ghasts to free points) to minimise panic.

EvC
29-05-2007, 01:00
Magic defense is a worry, is there anything that can be done, hmm? If you really wanted an extra dice you could drop a Thrall and upgrade to Level 3 Lord, and you wouldn't lose out on the all-flyers theme.

As other say, definitely add to the size of your units: 9 Ghouls and 5 Fell Bats in a unit are simply musts. 4 Fell Bats charging a unit in the rear in a worry, but 5, getting +2 for rear attack is great, and then even if the combat lasts a while and a few bats dissolve, by then you'll easily have your hammers ready to attack.