PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angel Drop Pods?????

Darkfang74
21-03-2007, 19:42
I am unable to get the codex right now... Is it true DA's Drop Pods cost 50 and let you assault from them like a Land Raider??? Or are they still the same as in Codex Marines? If they are the 50 with assault, can other chapters use them or only DAs? THANKS

Lord Malek The Red Knight
21-03-2007, 19:51
you cant ask for rules, but you can do a Search. ;)

(JJ's stopgap FAQ said you cant charge on the turn you land, as you arrive via DS, for what its worth).

~ Tim

Seleucus
22-03-2007, 01:54
Lot's of arguments on all forums etc. on this.

Main consensus is that, whilst the DA entry says they are open topped, as you are Deep Striking in, you cannot assault, and you can only disembark because the entry says you can.

People are making an assumption that, as the codex does not say you can't assault, then you can., without thinking it out fully, and rereading the DS rules.

So, no assault in the same turn as arriving, and, no need to take DA pods instead of C:SM ones, pay the cheaper price (at least for now!) in C:SM.

Seleucus

deathwing_marine
22-03-2007, 01:59
i dont know, when the land speeder deep strikes, it counts as a vehicle movement of over 24". so since the pod is a vehicle, this should apply to it. you can assault out of open-topped vehicles that are on the move. Although i'm not sure if there are distance restrictions on this

ZigZagMan
22-03-2007, 02:05
Distance restriction on open-topped vehicles are 12 inches over that an no charge, no matter how you got that much distance

deathwing_marine
22-03-2007, 02:10
Distance restriction on open-topped vehicles are 12 inches over that an no charge, no matter how you got that much distance

ok now i agree, no assaulting out of pods :cries:

22-03-2007, 02:21
i dont know, when the land speeder deep strikes, it counts as a vehicle movement of over 24".
not true. see the SM FAQ.

no such rule. see p62 of the rulebook.

sorry guys. :p

~ Tim

deathwing_marine
22-03-2007, 02:28
not true. see the SM FAQ.
no such rule. see p62 of the rulebook.
sorry guys. :p
~ Tim

oh ok, over 12".
so Malek, whats your opinion on the issue?

22-03-2007, 02:51
so Malek, whats your opinion on the issue?
IMO, charging on the turn you get out of a Drop Pod is not supposed to be allowed and it shouldnt be allowed for balance reasons (it would also go against - dare i say it - the spirit of the game). by RaW its arguable (and boy did we argue! :p), but JJ's (unofficial stopgap) FAQ has made it pretty clear, for practical real-life real-game purposes.

it just bemuses me that they felt the need to monkey about with the wording, as they wanted it to work exactly the same way as in C:SM. :rolleyes:

~ Tim

deathwing_marine
22-03-2007, 02:59
i sure would love to do this with a dreadnought though...
or three...:evilgrin: