PDA

View Full Version : New Vindicator!

K!nG
21-03-2007, 21:26
Why has there been no new vindicator?

Surely someone over at GW realised they missed this one out? After all there's a successful option over at FW, can't they just go get the molds from them and make a plastic kit?

Or am I missing something here?

philbrad2
21-03-2007, 21:32
Remember there are BA and SW codices yet to hit the shelves as well as a proposed re of Codex:SM in a few years, still plenty of time for a revised Vindicator to be integrated into the SM range.

PhilB
:chrome:

Lord Malek The Red Knight
21-03-2007, 21:36
Or am I missing something here?
there is a conversion kit on the SM part of the 40K GW site. looks rather sweet, IMO, and doesnt seem that tricky to build either.

~ Tim

EmperorEternalXIX
21-03-2007, 21:40
Yeah, that conversion is pretty easy. Only two cuts are required, the front plate of the vindicator's cannon is too wide for the rhino body. Otherwise it's pretty much just gluing the vindicator parts onto it.

Also worth noting, I believe forgeworld has rhino-based vindicator kits too (those ones with the weird dozer blade).

El Presedente
21-03-2007, 21:42
And also the old vindicators the only chance we have left to get hold of the old Rhino sprue and remember the good times.

Odin
21-03-2007, 21:44
And also the old vindicators the only chance we have left to get hold of the old Rhino sprue and remember the good times.

I've got several old rhinos and predators still packaged, I'm never going to use them. Might sell them on eBay.

K!nG
21-03-2007, 21:50
has anyone got the link to the conversion on the GW site plz ;) many thx.

superknijn
21-03-2007, 21:55
Linky (http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/vindicator/1/)
Took me 3 seconds to find ;)

K!nG
21-03-2007, 21:59
well where is it then ;) lolol

loveless
21-03-2007, 22:00
Also worth noting, I believe forgeworld has rhino-based vindicator kits too (those ones with the weird dozer blade).

I think you mean AMAZING dozer blade :p

broodjeork
21-03-2007, 22:05
what ever u do , dont by at forge world. cause a certain black shirt at a certain shop spoke more then he should.

the local manager was back from a week in england at the studios
and he say the new plastic vindicator with wich he said :evilgrin: (oops i souldnt have said that.....)

Slaaneshi Slave
21-03-2007, 22:46
The Forgeworld one is awesome, buy it if you want one. At 30 its probably only 5 more expensive than you would pay for a new GW one.

CaptainSenioris
22-03-2007, 01:02
At 30 it's the same price as the GW one, yes really go look on the online store.

Kerflunc
22-03-2007, 01:14
you might as well just buy the FW one since its basically the same price and who knows when the new one might be released.

chromedog
22-03-2007, 01:19
I've converted both of my vindicators. My first one used a rhino, some plastic card, a leman rush demolisher gun (and mantlet), and a partially rebuilt interior compartment. Two doors open (rear and right side) so you can see inside it.

The second one used all of the parts from the old vindicator on a new rhino hull. It was done before I saw the tutorial on GW's site, and is a pretty easy one to do. It doesn't take that much work to make the bits fit, and a little GS to fill any gaps. Oh, and I even used the old rhino hull as a rhino.

Based on what I've seen, it can be pretty hit and miss with the FW kit. Yes, it's very pretty, but it takes a bit more work to make the bits fit together, and still doesn't feel right (a mate has one, and had a bit of trouble - see M &P for the rundown on resin) weight wise.

No real need at the mo for a new kit, and they can always add it to a forthcoming SM codex release anyway.