PDA

View Full Version : Which Army?

Weregerbil
21-03-2007, 23:27
Right folks it's getting to that time of year again were I bore all my mates trying to chose an army fot the GT(which is in October).

I already have a marine army, IG army, Eldar army and an Ork one, something diffrent would be nice.

Any suggestions folks?

Angelwing
21-03-2007, 23:33
hmm inquisition or tyranids would seem to be the most different to your current armies.

Weregerbil
21-03-2007, 23:37
Wow that was quick. My flatmate did suggest a Nidzilla army but im not sure how viable that is.

Torga_DW
22-03-2007, 00:45
Can i suggest tau? If you're a robotech / gundam wing fan, then tau can be pretty cool. And it looks different to the other armies you've collected.

One_Second_of_Insanity
22-03-2007, 05:16
for something different i would go the Nids as well the godzilla but beware of escalation as something you will have to combat with any army you choose for the GT

ReveredChaplainDrake
22-03-2007, 07:10
Three words: Necron Hot Wheels (20 Warriors, a Res-toting Destroyer Lord, maximized Destroyer count, and some Heavy Destroyers for just-in-case)

Azuremen
22-03-2007, 07:21
Dark Eldar I would say... more so if they ever get a new codex. Can be pretty brutal and skillful to play, and just not that common I would think, seeing as how you have to mail order crap for them most of the time

Ardathair
22-03-2007, 07:43
If you go with Inquisitors you can start much sooner than with other armies.

You have IG and SM.

Start by taking an Inquisitor unit ir two in your IG or SM army, as you buy and paint more models for your Inquisitor force you can integrate them and phase out other units until you are taking an Inquisitor force with allies. Just continue on the same path and you will eventually have a stand alone Inquisitor army whether Malleus, Hereticus, or Xenos. There is nothing stopping you from continueing to use them as allies after your force reaches stand alone size.

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
22-03-2007, 08:02
To continue from what ReveredChaplainDrake said Necrons can be very unique with some effort. Check out ancient civilizations/cultures and theme them around that. Its really worth it if you want to do something different, and have the time to do a bit of sculpturing/converting.

Lancaster
22-03-2007, 08:29
Necrons can be neat, boring to paint, but neat to play

One possible force comp (depending on the pts) is 20 man warrior squads, a tooled up lord (Rez+Lightning field) monolith, then another lord with Rez an veil of darkness, and suddenly you have a super mobile force that moves.... 6" a turn?

Ardathair
22-03-2007, 09:26
If you go with Necrons I would strongly suggest trying to find different colored plastic pieces for the weapons. I am refering to the trabslucent green pieces which come with the mdels. I have seen a couple of Necron armies with each squad having a different color weapon and IMO it looks better than the standard green.

the_dark_sarge
22-03-2007, 09:39
nids or chaos would be my suggestion
chaos is just so damm cool

kieran

Weregerbil
22-03-2007, 23:02
Right well first thanks for all the replies.

@ The dark sage I have tried to start a chaos army about 5 times now and fail each time.

@ ReveredChaplainDrake, Acolyte of Bli'l'ab, Lancaster & Ardathair Necrons would be nice and easy to paint but both my flatmates have them and some more folk at the club so it would be a bad thing.

@ Azuremen I have played DE before about 5 years ago and I used a almost pure warrior force but I got bored of playing them and the codex has not been updated.