PDA

View Full Version : Just some good news...

floyd pinkerton
22-03-2007, 18:29
Hey guys, I have found out that in the UK you may now play SG and FW games on weekdays at GW, and you are also allowed to assemble FW models (even though i didn't think you weren't allowed anyway)

OrlyggJafnakol
22-03-2007, 18:35
Where did you find this out? Not a redshirt I hope? I need more than this before I go through the trouble of packing up my BB team and wandering into a GW store.

GabrielAngelos
22-03-2007, 20:42
At my GW, were allowd to play anything we want, one saturday there were 3 BFG games going on and the store manager was fine with it, but our redshirts and manager are really cool, they don't anal probe you when you walk in the store, they dont give you all these stupid pitches on how good the foundation paint set is (it is pretty awesome but enough is enough)......

Matt_Windu
26-03-2007, 17:01
my store has a blood bowl league going, It's really popular at gw bolton for some reason. I might start it up sometime.

The Judge
26-03-2007, 18:12
I don't think the Forgeworld thing is true... the resin dust is deadly and they banned it because filing it instore is dangerous for the customers.

chromedog
27-03-2007, 05:48
Filing and sanding anything indoors is potentially deadly. Super glue fumes aren't exactly healthy either, nor is the solvent in the plastic cement. purely on 'duty of care', that should stop anyone from assembling their minis in a gw store. It doesn't though.

My local GW isn't big enough to SKIN a cat, let alone swing one. Although, you could swing a cat, if said feline didn't mind getting a concussion. For this reason, I game at a club or at friend's places.

Scanno
27-03-2007, 09:54
Nothing but the three core games allowed in the GWs in Ireland still. And no complaints if you paint your FW stuff, but no assemply allowed.

Chaos and Evil
27-03-2007, 10:52
Hey guys, I have found out that in the UK you may now play SG and FW games on weekdays at GW, and you are also allowed to assemble FW models (even though i didn't think you weren't allowed anyway)

My local GW has still banned all SG's.

The Ape
27-03-2007, 11:16

I'm guessing you refer to the Hull store there Floyd? That is excellent news and I may be tempted to bring my Epic down for a game at some point - assuming anyone else plays it...

Killgore
27-03-2007, 12:06
i guess it depends on the manager at most places

i expect when a area manager comes down to visit you will be forced to hide your things under the table lol

Blagrot Squigbreff
27-03-2007, 17:39
Doesn't suprise me that they're allowing SG completely now, we've run Necromunda and Blood Bowl campaigns recently and I've had a few games of BFG in there as well.
@ The Ape, I've got a mass of Epic models that might make coherent armies with a little work so if you fancy a game then give me a points value and I'll see what I can muster, I've thought about rebuilding them before but never had much reason.

The Ape
28-03-2007, 10:33
3k is pretty much standard Epic tournament size. I still need to take you up on the offer of that game of BFG as well...

Finding the time for GW in between american-footy training, gym and work is the problem at the moment!

Brushmonkey
28-03-2007, 10:55
3k is pretty much standard Epic tournament size. I still need to take you up on the offer of that game of BFG as well...

Finding the time for GW in between american-footy training, gym and work is the problem at the moment!

You've changed man, you've changed...:p

floyd pinkerton
28-03-2007, 14:46
I certainly am referring to GW Hull (or the cesspit it has become...)

Angelwing
28-03-2007, 15:52
GW Peterborough allows all SG. Bfg and Epic have been played recently.

The Ape
28-03-2007, 15:55
You've changed man, you've changed...:p

Living in Hell (Hull) will do that to you.

ChrisAsmadi
30-03-2007, 15:13
GW Worcester, at the very least allows Epic, Necromunda, BFG and Inquisitor. So it probably allows all the SG games.

3 0f 6
31-03-2007, 08:57
Hmm, at my local store (1.5hr drive including motorway) we have been playing bloodbowl at veterans night for quite a few weeks, the manager let us demonstrate Aero-imperialis the other week!!! which is a simple game once you understand it. He also granted me permission to play necromunda, only if i run a campaign and can bring in all the relevant materials for doing so in advance!