PDA

View Full Version : My next WIP.. Warplighting Cannon

Skitter-Squeek
23-03-2007, 08:26
My next wip that is destined for the GT tables of Vegas is the Warpilighting Cannon... Some of you know I had done a giant well this will hopefully turn out better then that paint wise.. this is the only pic I could get for it now I will post a better one sooner and in no way is it glued together really i am sort of letting peices just pose... The farthest back wheels will be lifted off the ground as wheely stoppers lol..

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/HugyBeer/th_Picture001.jpg (http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/HugyBeer/Picture001.jpg)

Skitter Squeek

Strelok
23-03-2007, 08:35
Hmm, doomwheel + warplightning cannon = sheer hairy madness. sounds good. Throw on plenty of small rat-things and other strange techno-rat-ness!

Skitter-Squeek
23-03-2007, 08:42
Aye I def will add those things... And it does fit on a chariot Base if anyone is wondering the size of the Device at hand... MY theory is to make this look so intimidating that people that dont specificly know what it does will crap themselves.. I of course Will tell them when they ask that it charges 24inches and does d20 strength 10 impact hits.....:p No I will Be honest and upfront. lol

Skitter Squeek

spikedog
23-03-2007, 09:35
Cool, nice conversion. Very OTT Skaven, I love it!

I look forward to seeing it painted.

torso777
23-03-2007, 15:09
Looks great, it really fits into the Skaven philosophy of; "Let's make the biggest most powerful warmachine ever, but it's going to be jerryrigged with the most unstable materials imaginable"

How do you fit that thing into a transport? It looks quite large and awkward. (Am i still talking about the Warplightning Cannon:p ?)

TheWarSmith
23-03-2007, 16:53
Dont' forget it also has 5th ed screaming bell parts.

Very nice conversion. I love it.

Hawkmoon
23-03-2007, 17:44
I like to describe skaven warmachines as "big heavy dangerous things tied together with crappy rope" and you have definitely got that feeling going on here.
Great work! Lets see it from some different angles.

kyussinchains
23-03-2007, 20:44
great idea! I'm working on scratch building a WLC for my own skaven, and I saw the thread and thought 'uh oh, someone else is going to have an idea like my own' but this is way cooler!

ZeroTwentythree
23-03-2007, 20:58
Sweet!

I'm interested to see if/how you crew it. (And see it painted up!)

Pekel
23-03-2007, 23:54
Looks very good, but have you tried rotating the cannon so it faces the opposite direction, pointing over the big wheels? Dunno, might look a bit better that way (but it's hard to tell just from pictures). Either way, I look forward to seeing it painted.

bert n ernie
01-04-2007, 14:38
I have to agree with Pekel, facign the otehr way could be the way to go.
OK, yeah its exposing the vunerable electrode thingy, but since when have the skaven ever cared abotu that?