PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Prince with speed, INSANE!!!

HiveTrygon
23-03-2007, 22:56
Ok, I had to share this with you after reaching a stage I can get some possible feedback on. I wanted an undivided daemon prince with speed sat down and thought, "what makes something fast, well long legs, hate the idea. Lots of legs, possible."

Anyway I came up with the idea for a centipede (spelling), and wanted it to be a mix of machine and insect. I guess the thing is about 85% done. I have to add a lot more tubes, tendrills, other inscet parts, chaos like stuff (such as daemonic armor). Anyway the pictures show it sitting on the base. I have to finish sculpting both the prince and base before making it attachable. I'll probably just have a few pins that it slides on and can be removed.

Oh, yeah it has stature if you can't tell, it's friggen HUGE!!! Comments welcome and ideas allways welcome. I might figure a way to make the talons have chainsaw blades on them but not sure just yet. I've sculpted about 50% of this thing and the rest is tyranid and necron parts as of now.

Light of the Emperor
23-03-2007, 23:00
THAT scares the hell out of me...moral checks all around!

Great work, nice use of the tomb spyder legs.

HiveTrygon
23-03-2007, 23:07
THAT scares the hell out of me...moral checks all around!

Great work, nice use of the tomb spyder legs.

Thanks, it's a slightly expensive project. I used 3 tomb spiders that I have sculpted over as well. I tried to blend them together and make them look more like metal bodies but it just looked to odd with the round ends of the spiders. I just left part of one showing at the back and they also show slightly under the bottom. :chrome:

Gearux
23-03-2007, 23:24
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thats *******' crazy! :eek: Reminds me of a (super) mutated, chaosy Sarpedon. Keep up the awesome work.

pompeyladbfp
23-03-2007, 23:38
not space marine enough for me, but really good monster, just not sure if correct for a deamonic prince of chaos in the 40k universe....

HiveTrygon
23-03-2007, 23:52
not space marine enough for me, but really good monster, just not sure if correct for a deamonic prince of chaos in the 40k universe....

I think the chaos armor will help a lot. I agree with you 100% right now though. Have any ideas as to make it look more choatic? I am going to add mandibale later, may be I could use some chaos weapons for them? I also want to add a few spines comming out of those holes in his back. The chaos shoulder pads should tie it together it the end. I might also be able to graft some type of combie bolter to one of the scything talons..... :eyebrows:

SisterMordagg
24-03-2007, 07:26
Well, Chaos has many many more servants then just chaos space marines.

I think it already looks pretty horrifying as is and exceedingly chaosy with an appropriate paint job.

the_dark_sarge
24-03-2007, 08:14
ohh my god that is extremely scary
i think i just failed my morale check
but anyway thats an awesome model
any painted pics
keep up the good work

kieran

Quin 242
24-03-2007, 08:17
Definately chaotic :)
Nice sculpting

Melchiah
24-03-2007, 09:25
Ya add some more "choasy" bitz but other wise nice:D

The Dark One
24-03-2007, 11:06
that is very cool

Mutantdale
24-03-2007, 11:16
Excellent coonversion there..
If its for a chaos marine list then maybe the shoulderpads and backpack vanes from the current prince to make it more marine like.
Latd chaos then it fits nicely now.
Just because its chaos doesn't mean it needs lots of spikes.

MD

Merceus
24-03-2007, 11:25
That is incredibly cool! When I first saw the tumbnails I thought it looked a little like Ko from Avatar, but it is way more awesome then him...

Love the sculpting on the torso, and the head looks really sinister... keep up the great work

Hideous Loon
24-03-2007, 11:37
Like these other fine gentlemen have said, the Daemon Prince looks cool, and certainy very chaosy, without being any spiky at all!

El Presedente
24-03-2007, 11:38
Looks a little nid like at the moment but I assume oce its 'chaotified' it'll look superb.

doghouse
24-03-2007, 12:22
That is awesome HiveTrygon and I certainly wouldn't expect any less from you! :)
To echo the comments already posted here it is really scarey lookin. It's a freaky and twisted concept executed brilliantly.
The inclusion of the Necron parts grounds the miniature well in the 40k universe, I love it!

OrlyggJafnakol
24-03-2007, 12:25
Do you indend to make it spercific to a particular chaos power or does your excellent model represent undivided?

HiveTrygon
24-03-2007, 13:46
Do you indend to make it spercific to a particular chaos power or does your excellent model represent undivided?

Thanks for all the comments guy's, I'm glad you like it and thank you for all the kind words.

I did the shoulder pads last night, they rock. I was a little afraid at first and they almost flopped but I pulled it off with skull like faces on them in the end. I decided a lot of people were right, as much as I love the large talons they make it look much more tyranid"ish", so I'm cutting the talon off at the wrist and sculpting chaos gauntlets turning into twisted hands holding swords to represent the daemonic mutation, and in 2 other the large 2 handed weapon. I'm not sure if I should go giant ax for the dread ax or the spear like thing for the ether lance.

It will be an undivided daemon prince btw. I am trying to do the army with a twisted insect like idea. I got it while thinking of catachan devils and wanting to start and undivided army. I plan to get some spider riders to do a few possessed with terifying visage and also make a few furies with warped jet packs into the spiders abdomen.

My obliterators are going to have some praying mantis/lictor like quality to the with weapons slung on the talons, and terminators and other marines with spider eyes, fly eyes, mandibals, ect.

CMDante
24-03-2007, 14:09
Nice conversion but I think those scything arms are so strongly associated with nids now that I cant get past the idea that it could be anything else. Maybe adding some armour and some humanesque arms might help.

sanctusmortis
24-03-2007, 14:12
moral checks all around!

Damnit, I always fail those... :D

That looks sweet as. Great idea nicely done!

jo_hova
24-03-2007, 14:12
I am looking forward to what it will look like when painted. :D good work

philbrad2
24-03-2007, 14:54

I'd have to agree, a great bit of work but looks more cyber Tyranid a robospawn to me there's very little in the mini that would relate it to once being a Space Marine. I look forward to seeing so more work on this to Chaosify this project. Very good conversion and GS work.

PhilB
:chrome:

HiveTrygon
24-03-2007, 15:19
I'm doing the gauntlets right now but before I get pics I want to get a weapon in his hands. Now I need some helpfull suggestions. Here was my plan:
lord w/ Stature, mutation, speed, and essance. I'll be giving him the daemonic mark to prevent instant death and take a wound instead, thuss the extra w. I want to do the ether lance but not sure if that is worth it? I like the idea of a assult S4 ap3 template and what not but being a daemon prince the power weapon is useless as it would already have a armor penatration due to S. The kai gun is a 2 handed weapon so I think that should be out of the picture. I'm not keen on the dread ax or dark blade either for a prince. I'm thinking 2cc weapons would probably be the best option giving him 5 attacks total. I would not mind a little firepower to 40K him up a bit though. Is the Kai gun worth using? I mean he is BS3, not very good. Suggestions.

torso777
24-03-2007, 15:30
Looks good, I demand painted pics!:evilgrin:

Rabid Bunny 666
24-03-2007, 16:37
As cool as it looks, i'd change the Sything talons to something more sword-like

apart from that its awesomely done :D

edit: D'oh! Ignore the scyting talon bit :)

HiveTrygon
24-03-2007, 17:00
Well as people keep talking about the talons I'll update it. I am getting rid of them but right now just have the shoulder pads and gauntlets done. The hands are next holding weapons which I am undecided upon at the moment. I need to go over my dex yet again.

The_Dragon_Rising
24-03-2007, 19:34
Looks good but still waaay to much like a 'nid.
Maybe try adding some spikes down the spinal column kinda like dragons do.

Asi the Red
25-03-2007, 02:37
Hey ya'.

Liking this concept, but I have to agree that it looks too much like something out of Codex: Space Roaches. I don't know if it matters, but I'd keep probably a whole arm in the CSM armor. And maybe the head too.

As for loadout, Mark Undivided w/Stature, Speed, Mutation, Essence (all of your givens) and:
-No Kia Gun or Ether Lance. If you use Speed, no shooting. Plus BS 3 from Stature.
-Frags, 2xCCW is a good build. very cheap, keeps points open for other things in the list.
-D. Talons is also an option. Also cheap, keeps points open.
-I kinda like Great Weapon, Strength, Spikey Bits, Furious Charge. It may only be four attacks, but on the charge it'd be 5 S8 I6 attacks w/ a reroll.

Regardless of what the config comes out as, it's already a sweet mini.
I mean... a horrible, disgusting, stomach churning, Chaos serving mini ;).

deathwing_marine
25-03-2007, 02:46
I don't know if it matters, but I'd keep probably a whole arm in the CSM armor. And maybe the head too.

No! :eek: The sculpted head looks great!

HiveTrygon
25-03-2007, 06:13
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm doing 4 arms in armor now. I finished the arms and am working on the hands now. I made 4 cc weapons for all the arms, different blades. That will represent the 2cc weapons with mutation in effect. I'm thinking of building a space marine back pack to place on him but nit 100% sure if I want to do that yet. If I do it might look strange unless I can fuse it on there so I might just make vents comming out of the back like on a backpack, a set of say 2 or 3 pairs each shrinking in size down the back. :eyebrows:

scrubout
25-03-2007, 06:41
Good Lord that thing is amazing.

I'd say just a couple pairs of the backpack vents fused with the carapace would be enough, if you even do them, let's see the armored arms first. Keep the head! Don't over-do the space marine imagery, it's a very unique looking daemon prince and you shouldn't ruin it by trying to do too much.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

HiveTrygon
25-03-2007, 14:28
Good Lord that thing is amazing.

I'd say just a couple pairs of the backpack vents fused with the carapace would be enough, if you even do them, let's see the armored arms first. Keep the head! Don't over-do the space marine imagery, it's a very unique looking daemon prince and you shouldn't ruin it by trying to do too much.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Thanks for the feedback. So you think one set of vents would be enough. I'm going to finished the fingers holding the weapons today and will get pics of the weapons some time tonight up for you all to see. Your comments and feedback have been so important to me. This would never have turned out as cool without everyone helping me, thank you all. :D :D :D

HiveTrygon
26-03-2007, 00:15
Update with new pictures. The hands are wip, this was all I could manage for now as it was rather flimsy to start. I think it looks 100% better and now definately a touch of chaos. If the new dex is anything like I hope (containing my LatD army as well), he will fit right in with my future plans. I have both a chaos undivided and mutant/traitor LatD army he is being fitted for. I'm eagerly awaiting my chaos ogren from forgeworld to be big mutants and see him lined up with them and the mass of mutants and traitors.

My chaos army has furies which are going to be converted from SM jump packs and spiders from the spider rider kit and some heads from another kit (secret for now). I'm also planning some hounds using the lord of the rings warg riders and spiders mixed together.

Needless to say the tubes and spider parts should help tie all they creeps together.

Asi the Red
26-03-2007, 00:49
Hey ya'.

100% more recognizable as not being a Space Roach.

deathwing_marine
26-03-2007, 00:57
the swords and arms look good, i like the one on his bottom left, reminds me of Drazhar, master of blades (i think thats how you spell it)

HiveTrygon
26-03-2007, 01:59
So now that the arms are started what do you guy's think of a set of back pack vent with shulls or faces on the ends of them? I'm going to finish the hands first and then start the plastic mock up of the vents. I'll probably have the chitin on the back look like they were growing out of holes, may be some stretchy skin hanging off them.

HiveTrygon
31-03-2007, 21:14
I'm bumping this with an update only because a big update is pictured. Anyway, I added vents, 3 instead of 2. It looked a lot better with 3, he's statured so extra heat to vent anyway. :p

I'm done for now while I decide upon little finishing touches. Any suggestions allways welcome.
http://hivetrygon.com/cha/undp.html

Quin 242
01-04-2007, 00:09
Dunno about the backpack vents coming out of it's "waist" Would look better on his back wouldn't it?

Warwolt the skaven
01-04-2007, 00:16
******* awesome thing that! really like those swords.

THE CHIEF
01-04-2007, 01:09
I think the vents might look better further up. Looking good overall though!

bluebugs
01-04-2007, 01:12
This is amazing. O.o

HiveTrygon
01-04-2007, 13:42
yeah, vents on the back end up looking to much like wings of a plane. I tried making them thinner to avoid that but with his bulk they get lost so they need to be bigger, pluss he's a mutated centapeed. Who knows where his back originated. I might throw a few parts up there but the big vents need to stay where they are or he gets very, very top heavy with all the swords and arms. By top heavy I mean all the action is up front and nothing is going on down the back of the insect part. Anyway, I'll be working on some mutants and converted furies for a bit until I get some ideas to finish him out. I agree the vents might be more recognizable on his upper shoulder plates but when it's painted and the metal is separated from armor and skin, etc. it will be much easier to understand what is what. ;)