PDA

View Full Version : Better Picture of Dragon

verydarkshadow
24-03-2007, 01:10
Found this (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99111466031&orignav=16) on the UK website.

I think it looks much better from that angle.

One other tid bit. The dwarf warriors in the sneak peaks that are armed with 2 hand weapons are indeed the Iron Gaurd. Not as armoured as I expected them to be...

revford
24-03-2007, 01:52
I think it looks great, as do the plastic Dwarf Rangers.

Once I've seen it in the flesh I'll be able to decide if it's worth 30, very expensive but it does look nice.

slaughteredbull
24-03-2007, 02:26
Its metal and only 5 inches long, may not be as great as first thought.

Catferret
24-03-2007, 03:00
The Dragon does look way better in person but, alas, I still think it's too small. Oh well. Still very pretty and worth buying i reckon.

Oberon
24-03-2007, 07:47
Much better pic! With that sneak peak of its abilities (that row of 7s...) I consider bying one, very much. Flying mumak, yay. No, I'm not expecting it to do damage to everyone it flies over (with the flamethrower upgrade, now that would be cool!) but still, goblins WANT their DRAGON!

Adept
24-03-2007, 19:41
Meh, it still looks like a sway-backed cow with wings.

slaughteredbull
25-03-2007, 15:44
Flying mumak, yay.

Except it's no where near as big as the Mumak, try baby Mumak!

eyeolas
31-03-2007, 20:18
Meh, it still looks like a sway-backed cow with wings.

Thank you. My friends have bean going crazy about this modle and I just don't see what is so great about it. First off, in my eyes it is just a big salamander, not a dragon. I would prefer to convert a dragon fron the fantasy range. Then it is going to be very pricey, point and money wise. 30 for that? 25 maybe. Again the fantasy dragons would look much better I think with a bit of TLC ,green stuff a pleanty and a cool pose idea.

Oberon
31-03-2007, 20:35
Fantasy dragons? Better than LOTR dragon? Never. Look at the snakes with wings, come on! Of course, one can only argue about taste...

eyeolas
31-03-2007, 20:43
I have just always imagioned dragons like the fantasy ones (which is why I said "in my eyes"). The fantasy ones are very plain without any conversions, yes, but with just a bit of re posing and a lump of scenery on his base for him to stand on, I think they have much more potentual that the fairly unconvertable lotr dragon. (oh ya, you may have guesed I like to convert my modles, I don't have any speshal modles in my army that aren't converted at least a bit)

Scanno
07-04-2007, 17:53
It looks to me like a dragon that lives underground, which is what it is supposed to be. Like the dwarf models. Does Scanno finally start LoTR? With those models, just maybe.

BobTheZombie
16-04-2007, 23:11
I guess I'm the only one who finds the model horrifically ugly. The legs, in particular the back legs are just... wrong. I just feel it looks completely unnatural. But then I don't like the Fantasy ones much either... Reminds me of the 40k possessed more than anything, it's THAT bad

Osbad
17-04-2007, 11:03
Personally I think the angle of the wings is wrong - they look like a hangglider stuck on its back. At least in this photo. Also the thing appears to have no musculature to enable it to flap them...

Still, the thing would have merit in my eyes as the sort of sluggish lizard-like Dragon that many envision the likes of Glaurung to be, were it not for the crazy-paving skin texture. Having scoured the lizard and amphibious world for skin like that I can only find an analogue on tortoise legs... Not very inspiring!

As for size... well, biggest is not always best, and you still get a large lump of metal for your money. At least in that regard the beast is better value than the 35 plastic Balrog!

On the other hand I find I am falling into the category of those that prefer other offerings from other manufacturers. Mithril's Smaug for instance, or one of the Elmore dragons perhaps.

In any case, I'm not rushing to buy any sort of dragon just yet, even though I expect every cheese-monger out there will load up on two tricked out winged fire-breathers for their 700 point Evil armies.

Xerseth
17-04-2007, 12:04
I thought it was highly disapointing... thats all I can say...

Shadowheart
17-04-2007, 12:52
I still get the strong impression of a model from the eighties. Nowadays, for a major Citadel release, I expect much, much more. Aside from the bad idea of adding optional wings (which therefore aren't at all integrated into the anatomy of the dragon), it just doesn't look at all special, let alone exceptional. I mean, it'll do as a dragon model, but it should've been a major attraction. As it is I find it about as exciting as the giant spider models.

Chimera
20-04-2007, 15:32
I agree, it should have been epic and scary and big and... dramatic. As it is it's like.. meh, it's a dragon.

woo.

hiveminion
20-04-2007, 16:20
Suddenly I realise why I dislike the head (which to me is the biggest let-down): it has EARS! Since when do reptiles have external ears! They just have holes! Now it looks like he's a dog or something.

Long_Fang
22-04-2007, 00:06
The dragon is disapointing. What is sad is that I am going to buy it....because I don't know of a better alternative.

*tear*

Sniper Kelly
22-04-2007, 01:36
Suddenly I realise why I dislike the head (which to me is the biggest let-down): it has EARS! Since when do reptiles have external ears! They just have holes! Now it looks like he's a dog or something.

Actually GW got this one right - Tolkien himself drew Smaug with pointy ears, although his version is more elongated and intelligent looking than the GW model.