PDA

View Full Version : A few IG questions

scarface
25-03-2007, 10:59
Hi there, i'm just going to list a few questions I have about IG because i'm starting up an IG army. I own the Rulebook & Codex (Page referances are excellent)

1. Is the Officer in this pic holding a Bolt Pistol and Power Sword? http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/catalog/default.htm
2. How many points are Guardsman and Sergeants each, I don't find the codex very clear.
3. Can you use a Heroic Senior Officer as a regular HQ choice, without a Command Squad?
4. If you buy a box of Shock Troopers, can you use them to represent infantry, conscripts or armoured fists, or are they separate boxes?
5. Are officers the equivilant to Vet. Sargs in the SM army?
6. MUST your infantry be in platoons? Or can they be in squads?

Thanks a bunch

(P.S I am constantley updating this list as questions pop into mind)

guillimansknight
25-03-2007, 11:01
Hi there, i'm just going to list a few questions I have about IG because i'm starting up an IG army. NOTE* I own the Rulebook & Codex

1. Is the Officer in this pic holding a Bolt Pistol and Power Sword? http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/catalog/default.htm
2. How many points are Guardsman and Sergeants each, I don't find the codex very clear.
3. Can you use a Heroic Senior Officer as a regular HQ choice, without a Command Squad? (I'm building a Combat Patrol and will post it once these questions are answered)

Thanks a bunch

er... that guy has a laspistol

sorry cant help with the rest

Stella Cadente
25-03-2007, 11:15
1: he is armed with a sword/CCW, and his pistol is whatever you want (if your referring to the main HQ officer)

2: Can't do that as it requires posting of individual points costs

3: when buying ANY officer the 4 guardsmen are included in his price, so you always get them and have to take them

Lord of Skulls
25-03-2007, 11:18
1: If you're talking about the guy with the monocle in the top left picture, that could be either a Las Pistol, a Bolt Pistol or even a Plasma Pistol, since it is holstered you can't tell the difference. Just make sure you let your opponent know which one he actually has. And yes, he has a Power Weapon.

2: As far as I know there are no points costs for Guardsmen and Sergeants, since they can't be purchased separately.

3: No. All Guard armies must contain one and only one Command Squad. But it's only 40 pts with a Junior Officer, so it should not be a problem.

scarface
25-03-2007, 11:18
And do you have to buy the Command squad for AU$50 like the SM one, or can you use an officer and 3 guardsman from a troops box?

Steel_Legion
25-03-2007, 11:21
you get 4 basic guardsmen, and thse can be upgraded to say medics, special weapon opterators, voxcaster for certain points

scarface
25-03-2007, 11:27
Sweet, much better on your pocket than SM

Bloody12th
25-03-2007, 11:33
You can buy the upgraded models in the command squad box set (as seen in the link), but there's nothing stopping you from throwing ordinary troop models in there if you don't want to upgrade.

You can easily convert models from the troop box to represent command squad figures. For example, the infantry squad box has a grenade launcher ammo pouch that you can paint white and add a first aid symbol to - stick it on a regular guy and hey presto - a medic. Likewise, add an extra antenna to one of the vox packs in the squad set and you have a master vox.

You'll probably have these spare as you build your army. On the other hand, the metal figures are nicer - it's a question of whether you want to spend the extra cash or not.

scarface
25-03-2007, 11:38
You'll probably have these spare as you build your army. On the other hand, the metal figures are nicer - it's a question of whether you want to spend the extra cash or not.

The metal models ARE probably nicer, although everyone would have them and i've never converted anything before, even though this is minor i'd love to do it, just so my squad looks a little different from stock.

Baneboss
25-03-2007, 12:07
Scarface no offence but do you really need to make 2 topics describing your IG problems? You could easily ask those questions in 1 thread.

2. Seargent costs the same. Only veteran searg cost more.
3. No
4. By shock troops you mean cadians? They can represent everything, even Stormtroopers if you add a bit of greenstuff to their armour.
5. Officers and command squads are your leaders not seargents.

Arhalien
25-03-2007, 12:13
(I'm building a Combat Patrol and will post it once these questions are answered)

"Until these questions are answered the list will be held hostage. If I do not recieve answers in three days the list will be cut up on word at a time and sent back to you hourly. Do not try to find me; it will only result in the destruction of the list."

:p

scarface
25-03-2007, 12:28
2. Seargent costs the same. Only veteran searg cost more.

Ta, but what about guardsman? because under points in the guardsman stats list is just a dash ...

"Until these questions are answered the list will be held hostage. If I do not recieve answers in three days the list will be cut up on word at a time and sent back to you hourly. Do not try to find me; it will only result in the destruction of the list."

:p

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... Funny kid

xibo
25-03-2007, 12:41
Hi there, i'm just going to list a few questions I have about IG because i'm starting up an IG army. NOTE* I own the Rulebook & Codex

3. Can you use a Heroic Senior Officer as a regular HQ choice, without a Command Squad?
4. If you buy a box of Shock Troopers, can you use them to represent infantry, conscripts or armoured fists, or are they separate boxes?
5. Are officers the equivilant to Vet. Sargs in the SM army? (I'm building a Combat Patrol and will post it once these questions are answered)

Thanks a bunch
1st: the officer in the command squad box has a (power) sword and a non-shown pistol.
2nd: the guardsmen are virtualy for free, the seargent costs 30 krak grenades... so effectively the seargent costs 3 kraks and each squad member costs 3 kraks, too.
3rd: No, unless you want him to be accompagnied by a veteran squad, but then he is called veteran officer and is an elite choice.
4rth: Shock Troopers represent reqular infantry(see doctrine section of the codex) of any kind... and as the codex shows in the colour plates you can also use them as conscripts by painting them 'go faster'-stripes on their helmets, white shoulder pads as shown in Codex Eye of Terror, or just somewhat you like to differ them from your regulars.
5th: No. They are officers. SM Vets are just provoted SMs. Officers would rather match the Commander or similar leaders.

scarface
25-03-2007, 12:46
Thank you very much xibo, and everyone else. I never would've though they'd be free, (unless of course you ad nades) that explains the dash under pts in the codex. I'l get started on my 400pt list as soon as ..... I can be bothered :P