PDA

View Full Version : Starting Wood Elves

erion
28-07-2005, 11:57
given what's in the Wood Elves Army box, what would you add to make it into a 2000 point army?

Maese Crochets
28-07-2005, 22:21
Personally, I'll choose a box of Eternal Guard or 3-4 Treekin. Maybe a box of Wild Riders... Don't know if points are up...

Xavier
28-07-2005, 22:42
Army box is roughly 1500, give or take, so probably a unit of wild riders and more war dancers, but thats just me..

Im planning a spirit army, in addition to an elven army.

AJ_Wolf
29-07-2005, 02:59
I would beef up the unit of Wardancers, add a second mage, another hero, and either Wild Riders or Tree-Kin, with my vote going for Wild Riders.

Lord Anathir
29-07-2005, 20:14
add a blister of wardancers, 6 wild riders and a mage.

Malen Kharn
01-08-2005, 09:40
I can make a 2000pt force from the box, without being excessive.

Jericho
03-08-2005, 09:48
If you wanted to use everything in the box, then beef up the Wardancers (add Command + a hero), add at least two more Warhawk Riders, another Spellsinger and I'd consider another box of Dryads strongly, two units ~12 strong seems to be a great way to do it.

I'm giving the Warhawk Riders to my friend Will (some of his came with no feet, and there's no way to fix that for a couple months) and probably won't use all the archers or Dryads in 2000 points.

I plan on taking 20 archers, 20 Eternal Guard, 8 Wardancers, 8 Wild Riders, 5 Waywatchers, 12 Dryads, a Wardancer Highborn, Battle Standard w/ the cheapest magic bow and Hail of Doom goodness (they lose the longbow and can't take mundane weapons/armor if they go BSB), and 2 Spellsingers in 2000 points.

I'd love to find a way to get a Branchwraith in the army at some point, but it's tough to give up the Noble or Spellsinger slot... the Noble is necessary to get the Eternals stubborn, the Wardancer is just a killing machine, and Spellsingers outdo Branchwraiths a lot in magic, and the Branchwraiths aren't much better than Dryad champs anyway in combat.

Yanos
03-08-2005, 09:57
... Battle Standard w/ the cheapest magic bow and Hail of Doom goodness (they lose the longbow and can't take mundane weapons/armor if they go BSB)...

Does it not specify that he/she can't take a Magic bow either? :confused: 'Twould make sense, what with having to hold up a big flag and being forced to drop their mundane one :eyebrows: ...

Lord Setra
03-08-2005, 13:56
I would suggest adding another blister of wardancers in there and perhaps buying another box of dryads simply because they are rock solid.