PDA

View Full Version : Rare unit substitution

Yanos
28-07-2005, 12:15
Unusual question here:

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that if you do not take your full complement of Rare units, you can take a Special unit instead of a Rare, even if this takes you over your Special limit.

It would appear to make sense, as you're sacrificing a more valuable unit slot for something (supposedly) less groovy.

My question then is, has anyone else come across this in writing, and if so, where please?

Ta muchly, Yanos :) .

Sylass
28-07-2005, 12:20
It's a houserule, thus not part of the official rules.

Major Defense
01-08-2005, 16:39
We've all read this wording in the Warbands rules. It is not a rule for regular games.

Screamin Daemon
01-08-2005, 21:58
That would be one hell of a rule. But it would contradict the normal rules of army composition...not to mention it would be a pain to deal with all the exceptions and people who wanted to abuse this rule. It is not an official rule.

starlight
01-08-2005, 21:59
Sadly it is house only, however it is in full play in my house because it makes so much sense.

Sgt John Keel
01-08-2005, 22:40
Sadly it is house only, however it is in full play in my house because it makes so much sense.

Yes, because then you can have twelve Goblin Bolt Throwers, or about twelve of any chariot. It's not a bad rule per se, but it leaves just too much leeway to power gamers. (Heh, wasn't there some time ago I saw that word...)

Edit: Oh, or maybe twelve Reaper Bolt Throwers in a City Guard. Ouch.;)

/Adrian

Crazy Harborc
01-08-2005, 23:12
IMHO, it sounds like a winner...........I WILL suggest it as a trial/houserule. I may not wait until until I am the one pushing Orcs either. Give an opponent the chance to screw it up before do. ;)

Yanos
02-08-2005, 12:54
Thanks for the replies folks; it does seem like a sweet idea until the potential for abuse is pointed out! Fair enough, I shall simply be spending my spare Rare points on more Core! :D