PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Dwarf Throng

Caligula
26-03-2007, 22:54
Greetings again all. This is pretty much the final draft of my soon-to-be 2000 point Dwarf army that I'll be gathering for the summer's campaign. I'm pretty happy with the way it's looking so far, but have a question or two to ask you folks in regards to a couple things about it. Anyway, the list...

Dwarf Lord-
Great Weapon
Shieldbearers
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Rune of Fury
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Stone
Master Rune of Spite
@296pts.

Thane-
Battle Standard
Strollaz's Rune
@145pts.

Runesmith-
Shield
Master Rune of Balance
@122pts.

18 Dwarf Warriors-
Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Veteran
@187pts.

19 Longbeards-
Great Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Rune of Stoicism
Veteran
@297pts.

10 Thunderers
@140pts.

10 Quarrellers
@110pts.

15 Quarrellers-
Great Weapons
Rangers
Musician
Standard Bearer
Veteran
@235pts.

18 Miners-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Prospector
Steam Drill
@248pts.

Cannon-
Rune of Reloading
@100pts.

Organ Gun
@120pts.

TOTAL-2000pts.

Okay so there it is, and I'll admit that it looks pretty solid, and even if I left it entirely as it is I would imagine it would do pretty darn well. However, I'd like you to take a look at the Runes on my characters and on the Longbeards standard. How do they look to you?

Particularly, do you think Strollaz's Rune on the BSB is worth it...or would something like the Master Rune of Grungi be better? Is the Rune of Stoicism on the Longbeards standard bearer worth the points, in your opinion?

If my Runes seem a little off to you, what would you suggest instead of the ones I have chosen? That's basically what I'm looking for I suppose, a little discussion on the Runes being used by my characters. Other than that, I think the list looks pretty nice, but of course, I'm entirely open to any thoughts to the contrary. So please, yap away!;)