PDA

View Full Version : Hammer of Hashut

taer
28-07-2005, 18:18
Does the hammer of hashut count as a flammable weapon? It doesn't say that it is flammable, but on the other hand has a special effect against flammable targets...
And if it happens to be flammable, how would it work against Elves in Dragon armor? Is it:

A)the armor completely ignores attacks made by the bearer of the hammer (asinine in my opinion)

B)The armor ignores the +2 Strength and flammable killyness

Or C) The armor just ignores the extra rule against flammable targets.

I kinda need to know as I am gonna be running CDs in a tournament in a couple months

Verergoca
28-07-2005, 18:24
Could you give the exact wording of the weapon (I know its dodgy with rules and all, but IIRC you are allowed to copy from RH) (Dont know where mine is...)

Freak Ona Leash
28-07-2005, 18:34
Here: Black Hammer of Hashut:
+2S. Flammabl targets are automatically killed if they take a single wound.

But I misspelled a word so it isnt breaching copyright*And left out the points value :D

*yes, it still does breach copyright but I'm too much of lazy git to go right out and say it.

Verergoca
28-07-2005, 18:48
Well I would say from that, that models that have the flammable rule, ie treeman and mummies(well they dont exist anymore, but still) get the effect. Models that would be unaffected by flaming weapons would IMO still be wounded as normal.

Cenyu
28-07-2005, 18:57
C)

It is not stated that the Hammer of Hashut strikes with flaming attacks thus Dragon Armour will not have an effect.

Festus
02-08-2005, 18:14
Hi

This is all highly debatable: GW never got round to clearly state what a flaming attck is and what isn't.

Apart from the Tzeentch *flames* spells, which surprisingly are not flames at all, most other things that work off heat based are considered flaming attacks.

Funny, innit?

Well, being a CD player myself and trying to avoid arguments, I always make sure that my oponent and me simply treat the BHoH as a flaming weapon with any/all bonuses and immunities this implies.

This happens to make life much easier in the long run :)

Greetings
Festus

taer
03-08-2005, 04:28
So, If I agree with my opponent beforehand that the Hammer's effect is flaming, then when mounted on a Great Taurus, wouldn't it be dasterdly to say he was immune to being damaged by the hammer if I rolled a 1 to hit and had the Gauntlet's of Bazrakk the Cruel?

WLBjork
03-08-2005, 08:34
Dragon Armour has no effect on this weapon, especially with the Dragon Armour clarification.