PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Mortal Slaanesh

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 18:11
could you guys give me some feed back on this list?

Exa. Sorcerer of Chaos 404pts (daemon sword to give a nasty shock when he charges into combat)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 4
-chaos daemon sword
-barded chaos steed

Sorcerer of chaos 190pts (magic boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2
-power familiar

Sorcerer of chaos 190pts (magic Boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2
-power familiar

Chosen Chaos Knights (6) 320pts (the Exa. Sorcerer will join this unit)
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Musician
-Standard

Chariot of Chaos 120pts

Chaos Marauders (25) 190pts (central unit)
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Chaos Warriors (10) 162pts (for the sorcerers to hide in)
-Mark of slaanesh
-Standard
-Shields

Marauder Horsemen (5) 93pts (flankers/warmachine hunters)
-Flails
-Standard
-Musician

Chaos Furies (12) 180pts (warmachine hunters)

Fiend of Slaanesh 75pts (flank protectors, tarpits)

this list seems to have potential to be really fun to play.

thanks in advance for any feedback

pcgamer72
27-03-2007, 18:24
First off, you can't have two Power Familiars. Other than that, 7 Cav is a bit unweildy, so I would suggest dropping one of the Knights.

However, I'm not big on puting my Sorceror with a unit of Knights in the first place. Sure he can hit hard, but he has no armor and hits himself on 1s. If someone pokes him a little and then he hits himself once, that's a lot of wasted points.

12 Furies is way too many! You really only need 6-7 max, imo. They can take a little fire with their ward saves and are immune to panic, so they aren't going to be running off on you.

I believe that I would rather just have my Sorcerors of Chaos in Marauder units, than a 10 man unit of Warriors. If you take out the warriors nd edit some of the other stuff I've said, I believe you should have the points to get another Marauder block. Then you can have a Sorceror in each.

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 18:31
um my exa. sorcerer had chaos armour (4+) mounted (3+) barded (2+) so no he does have armour.

yeah ill drop a knight, ill drop the furies to 8, and drop the 2nd familiar

im going to be using the lore of slaanesh so my sorcerers need to have the mark of slaanesh so to the best of my knowledge they cnt join the marauder unit?

pcgamer72
27-03-2007, 18:38
Yeh, that's what I get for posting when I'm tired. I'm getting armies confused right now apparently.

The Sorceror should be fun then. I've heard a couple people mention doing something similar to that on Warseer before, but I've never heard their results.

And.. yeh that whole Slaanesh Mark thing, didn't even cross my mind.

Apparently I'm babbling stupidity right now, but at least I got a few things right. I'll hope for 60% this time.

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 18:40
lol its np, appart from a obvious rule clashes, the advice was good =P

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 19:27
xa. Sorcerer of Chaos 404pts (daemon sword to give a nasty shock when he charges into combat)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 4
-chaos daemon sword
-barded chaos steed

Sorcerer of chaos 190pts (magic boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2
-power familiar

Sorcerer of chaos 190pts (magic Boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2
-power familiar

Chosen Chaos Knights (5) 275pts (the Exa. Sorcerer will join this unit)
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Musician
-Standard

Chariot of Chaos 120pts

Chaos Marauders (25) 190pts (central unit)
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Chaos Warriors (10) 162pts (for the sorcerers to hide in)
-Mark of slaanesh
-Standard
-Shields

-Flails
-Standard
-Musician

-Flails
-Standard
-Musician

Chaos Furies (7) 105pts (warmachine hunters)

hows that for a final list?

Martyr
27-03-2007, 19:35
The list to me looks really good except that you can't have 2 power familiars on the field at the same time, maybe give him a spell familiar and a dispell scroll? The Daemon Sword always gives me the willys as I have seen it kill teh bearer more than anything else. So with that, use at your own risk.

Everything else seems good though. You'll want to watch for warmachines getting a side shot on your knights as your exalted is with them. Always expect the unexpected.

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 19:56
where does it say u cnt have 2 power familiars, i took a quick look but couldnt find anything that implies a 1 per army rule.

i think the daemon sword looks fun=P anyway slaanesh's champions are self absorbed and often killed by their aragence =P

the only army i fight with cannons is dwarfs and furies will take care of them

Martyr
27-03-2007, 20:07
Check your rule book. As my rule book states.. the one that came out of the skull pass box pg. 120 "No specific magic item can be carried by more than one model in the army (eg, the cannot be two models equipped with the Sword of Striking in the same army). Scrolls are an exception to this.

Watcher666
27-03-2007, 20:10
ah, ok, ill add the rapturos standard or some more furies ^^

Watcher666
28-03-2007, 19:28
has anyone got any ideas how i would add some beast herds into this list? the only way i can think is cutting down my lord + dropping the chaos warriors, but i would like some opinions.

Martyr
28-03-2007, 21:37
Well adding up the points I see your Exalted is only 399 not 404. I would take the chaos sword away, maybe give him a berserker sword and mount him in the chariot. That should free up a good number of points. Also I would get rid of the warriors, their cost has never been justified to me, take the warrios out recplace with another block of marauders. That should also free up more points then you should be able to use some beast herds. What were you planning on using them for?

laughingman
29-03-2007, 03:17
the sword works, just use magic as a heavy support, they need to not attack you back. If they dont attack you you only do one wound from you a turn, and killing 4 of them.[dice0]

Coenono
29-03-2007, 03:24
Marauders don't have a mark so your your characters can join those units. If im not mistaken :D. Unless your dead set on nothing but mortals, I would personaly swap out one character for a Shaman, MoS, Lvl 2 upgrade, Goretooth, Choas armour, spell fimilar (optional), Now you have a beast in battle when bears anger is applied who has hatred,4+ armour save and wont run form a battle. Also if you take the spell fimilar you have two slannesh spells on top...and its cheaper than your current wizzard 150 if take as I have here. Then you can put him in a battle herd of 6 gors 11 ungors. The ungors can absorb shooting... plus with the shaman in the ranks you can loose 2 gors (i give mine 2hw but the choice is yours) and still have a full five frontage (command optional). I would also consider the slannesh banner for your knights (name escapes me at the moment)

Tsot
29-03-2007, 04:14
I would also consider the slannesh banner for your knights (name escapes me at the moment)

Rapturous standard, I would recommend it as well since it melts faces :p

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 07:15
ok thank you very much for all the feed back;

1.Martyr, im not a big fan of expensive characters in chariots as one cannon ball can wipe out alot of points, i will probably drop the daemon sword though.

Im planning to use the beast herds as screens+combat support.

2.Laughingman, didnt really understand ur post =)

3.Coenono, I completly forgot about that, well that solves the warrior problem =P ive changed my Exlated gear to spell familiar and power familiar, mark of slaanesh and lvl 4. so my 2 chaos sorcerers are only 140 points each but when i have picked up the BoC book ill look into the Shamman. I would kinda like to have it as a mortal lead warband with beasts joinning up as extras reather than bringing a hero along.

also with my exalted is it worth giving him a barded mount and joinning the knights or mounting him but using him as moblie support, as im really liking the spell enrapturing spasms casting into combat?

My current list looks like this

xa. Sorcerer of Chaos 325
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 4
-power Familiar
-Spell familiar

Sorcerer of chaos 140pts (magic boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2

Sorcerer of chaos 140pts (magic Boost)
-mark of slaanesh
-lvl 2

Chosen Chaos Knights (5) 305pts
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Musician
-Standard
-Rapturous Standard

Warhounds of Chaos (5) 30pts

Warhounds of Chaos (5) 30pts

Chariot of Chaos 120pts

Chaos Marauders (25) 190pts (central unit) +sorcerer
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Chaos Marauders (25) 190pts (central unit) +sorcerer
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Marauder Horsemen (5) 75pts (possible to drop these to get another beast herd)
-Flails

Chaos Furies (8) 120pts (warmachine hunters)

this comes to 1815 points, the last 185 is for beast herd(s).

What do you think?

Slaangor
29-03-2007, 10:27
sorry but you can't have both spell familiar and power familiar they are both arcane items and you can only take one. give these sorcerers dispell scrolls. better you drop the chariot take 2 or more or take none but it's according to me. don't drop marauder horsemen just give them a musician. make your exalted sorcerer ride a chaos steed. find some place for mounted deamonettes. not sure about the points but if you drop the chariot you'll have enough. if you want to take the herd get more ungors then gors, just give them foerender and musican and you are all set.

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 13:10
the list is revisied:

Exalted Sorcerer of Chaos 369pts
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Level 4
-Power Familiar
-Barded Chaos Steed

Sorcerer of Chaos 140pts
-Level 2
-Mark of Slaanesh

Brey-Shaman 180pts
-Level 2
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Chaos Armour
-The Goretooth
-Spell Familiar

Marauders of Chaos (25) 190pts
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Marauders of Chaos (25) 190pts
-Flails
-Light Armour
-Standard
-Musician

Marauder Horsemen (5) 81pts
-Flails
-Musician

Beast Herd (8 Gors, 12 Ungors) 118pts
-Standard

Tuskgor Chariot 85pts

Tuskgor Chariot 85pts

Chaos Furies (8) 120pts

Fiend of Slaanesh 75pts

89 Models
11 PD
11 DD

thoughts?

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 14:57
bump, any thoughts on the new list?

Coenono
29-03-2007, 15:28
I like this list much better. One thing that worries me is the Exalted in with the knights. They dont need his leadership and he is not much of a combat monster, so to me it seems pointless risking haveing you expensive general possably cut off from the rest of the army. Unless you are hunting warmachines or supper weak infantry.. in which case the chosen upgrade becomes pointless. Chosen knights should be able to hold there own againts most core choices of any army...even if they are out number. Of cource this goes right out the window if they get flanked. I guess my point is your knights dont really need support from a hero, Unless they are going after some eliete units, in which case I guess Id personaly put a asp or ex champion in there.

But I really do feel your army is much more versitile with the best herd in there. I really like the shaman he is a cheaper version of the wargor Mot combo (And i dont really care for the random nature of Tzeentch spells).

A need little combo that just sprung to mind if you want another hth character in your army. Ex or Asp MoS Book of Secrets and take the fire lore.
in a unit of chosen knights hope for the sword of rhuin or what ever its called.

Tastey little surprise for your enemy

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 15:46
i wasnt intending to put the Ex. in the chosen knights, the steed is for mobility as enrapturing spasams(i think) can be cast into combat so he needs to be where the combats are.

none of the armies which my friends use are very shooting heavy (nurgle chaos, O nd G, dwarfs (only uses 1 cannon 1 flame cannon + quallers)) and shooting whhc could threatern my lord will be quickly dispatched with titilating delusions (moving cannons =P) or killed by my knights.

since this army is magic focused i dont know where i would find the points to put in a HtH asp champ, and even tho it would be nice, i dont feel its needed.

Black Behemoth
29-03-2007, 16:09
If you wanted to use your Exhalted Sorcerer as magic support rather than as the Daemon Sword-holding Sorcerer of Doom, I would probably split it up into two seperate Level 2 Sorcerers on Slaanesh Steeds. It is a bit more expensive (like 30 points), but you get the same amount of power dice and dispel dice and can cast Enrapturing Spasms on two different enemy units rather than one. And those two enemy units could be on opposite sides of the board, so it gives you more flexibility.

Don't forget that you also get two Fear-causing Steeds instead of one.

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 16:22
if the Ex. sorcer gets ES then he can move where its needed, if the sorcerer gets it he will be with the marauder units and if the Brey gets it he will be in the herd (and if iv got more big combats than that im in trouble =P)

Martyr
29-03-2007, 16:31
sorry but you can't have both spell familiar and power familiar they are both arcane items and you can only take one. give these sorcerers dispell scrolls. better you drop the chariot take 2 or more or take none but it's according to me. don't drop marauder horsemen just give them a musician. make your exalted sorcerer ride a chaos steed. find some place for mounted deamonettes. not sure about the points but if you drop the chariot you'll have enough. if you want to take the herd get more ungors then gors, just give them foerender and musican and you are all set.

I would like to make a clarification if I might as the first statement here is not exactly true. Again in the rulebook I have from the skull pass box set pg 120:

Arcane Items
Arcane items are items that enhance a Wizard's magical powers in some fashion. Only a Wizard can carry an arcane item and no character can carry more than one.

Meaning that you can have as many arcane items on the field that you want as long as 1 character isn't carrying them all. Am I wrong about this.

Personally I would not drop the chariot. Chaos chariots are some of the anstiest in the game and worth the points. Cannonballs should never be a detourant to taking them.

Watcher666
29-03-2007, 16:44
ive mostly play dwarfs and he has just found that cannon balls auto kill chariots, hence why im taking 2 cheaper(but still with roughly the same killing power) beast ones insted of one chaos one.

thanks for the arcane item clarification, but i like my list atm, and one pwoer dice isnt going to swing the balance that much.

popisdead
08-04-2007, 21:18
You have a 700+ pt unit that is 7 models? Expect it to never hit combat and for crap throw away units that are 1/7th the cost to take you out of the game.

10 chaos warrioRs with sheilds will do nothing but die.

This list seems to have potential to be really fun to play.

This list seems to have the potential to make you stop playing. It's seriously weak. I recommend writing up a 1000 pt list and playing that lots and learning the game well.

Belerophon709
09-04-2007, 10:31
If you want your Ex with the knights, make him a little fighty at least. I tried CDS, ignoring the criticism and it failed me badly. After that I tried the following setup for my Ex (who also goes with knights), and it has worked well for me thus far:

Gaze of the Gods
Spell Familiar
Great Fang

Bele