PDA

View Full Version : "Damnatus" 40k Movie-final release not that far?!

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
27-03-2007, 21:31
Just had read through the Damnatus Forum and read the last statements from member "TORWÄCHTER" (producer in charge) about the release:

Now, they really are just waiting for GW HQ Nottingham to give their final "ok" and then they release it.

I am not sure to 100% but it seems like its done and ready now but a few minor copyright issues need to be cleared still with Nottingham HQ.

Just count the days :)

Crube
27-03-2007, 21:44
Oh please....

I just hope that the wait will be worth it...

Kerflunc
27-03-2007, 21:54
i didn't know they were making a movie.:confused:

Gen.Steiner
27-03-2007, 21:59
Please please please, I've been waiting for this for years. And I don't care if the whole damn (ho ho) thing is in German, I'll still watch it!

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
27-03-2007, 22:03
i didn't know they were making a movie.:confused:

check out www.damnatus.com

Little Geek
27-03-2007, 22:05
OMG there making a movie, i herd muttering ages ago but i thought that all died down.

Do you have any other details about it, im asuming its all computer, well i cant see them doing live action space marines as cool as that would be.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
27-03-2007, 22:07
OMG there making a movie, i herd muttering ages ago but i thought that all died down.

Do you have any other details about it, im asuming its all computer, well i cant see them doing live action space marines as cool as that would be.

errr...No, not GW is making a movie. It s all made by fans of 40k. SO don't hope for awesome special effects like made in Hollywood. Still worth watching I guess. Youtube.com has trailers also.

Little Geek
27-03-2007, 22:08
Cool thanks, im there already

redbaron998
27-03-2007, 22:10
I thought it looked pretty good for a fan movie. I liked the way they did the techpriest but the IG troopers was a little off. But oh well its definitely worth a watch for the diehards

Xander-K
27-03-2007, 22:14
Something tells me, this will be about as good as the b-movie "Guyver" (the one with mark hamyl) *shudders*

Onisuzume
27-03-2007, 22:15

Actually; only special effects are done by computer, everything else afaik is live action. And it's pretty much an amateur movie, made with a rather limited budget as well.

And it's closer to being an =][= movie then an 40k movie.

Please please please, I've been waiting for this for years. And I don't care if the whole damn (ho ho) thing is in German, I'll still watch it!
Good thing I understand german. :p

Now, they really are just waiting for GW HQ Nottingham to give their final "ok" and then they release it.
Please let them say yes.
People have been waiting for this for years.

Kerflunc
27-03-2007, 22:16
just checked it out, looks pretty cool

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
27-03-2007, 22:20
Something tells me, this will be about as good as the b-movie "Guyver" (the one with mark hamyl) *shudders*

lol yes, You will do it better right? :p

No offense, Xander, but can the critics wait until it HAS BEEN released with giving such comments?

Don't you forget: GW did add NO money. ALL was built, filmed and composed and produced by fans and their own money.

Xander-K
27-03-2007, 22:32
lol yes, You will do it better right? :p

No offense, Xander, but can the critics wait until it HAS BEEN released with giving such comments?

Don't you forget: GW did add NO money. ALL was built, filmed and composed and produced by fans and their own money.
Well as a critic you can generally tell if a film will be pants or not by the trailer... there hasn't often been a film which has surprised me or that turned out different to how I imagined it to be.

Master Bait
27-03-2007, 23:16
trailer makes it look like pants

fun, but pants

xibo
27-03-2007, 23:26
What's all this pesimism, you heretics?

I for my part can't wait to see it... I've been waiting for this for ages now... finally...

hertz
27-03-2007, 23:29
come on, guys, It´s a hobby project by loving fans, not a 500 billion $$ (or something) professional hollywood movie! appreciate it for what it is, and pray that we actually get to see it.

Phunting
27-03-2007, 23:34
What's all this pesimism, you heretics?

I for my part can't wait to see it... I've been waiting for this for ages now... finally...Really just realism.

Any official movie will suck so utterly badly because everything will need to be changed to appeal to the mass audience.

Any fan movie, like this, will suck marginally badly because they don't have the budget to do it justice.

Master Bait
27-03-2007, 23:34
of course we will. it still doesn't mean it'll be good. not doubting these people's efforts one bit. but even on a shoe string budget, you can see the difference between someone who can truly shoot a movie and someone who can't

just watch Primer for an example of a well shot and scripted movie - and it was the director's first film, and self-funded

so i'll still watch Damnatus and more than likely enjoy it. but i'll still know that its pants

but i did the same thing with that Hulk Hogan movie Suburban Commando.

Nabeshin1106
28-03-2007, 00:16
I've been waiting for this movie since shortly after I started playing 40k. I can't wait!

Minister
28-03-2007, 00:39
Having seen some of the Star Wars fan movies, it seems that the main flaws in the current generation are with props and sets. It's cheap and easy enough to get decent (not spectacular, but decent) looking CGI bits and special effects compared to just a few years ago that most of them end up looking quite good.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
28-03-2007, 01:24
Well, good, bad, ugly... it doesn't really matter. This thread was to inform you about the latest news on this project. If You want to discuss its content or how cheap/good it is made, I hardly recommend to wait until you really have seen it.

Mods: Please close this. We're getting way off.;)

Spotty
28-03-2007, 01:40
dude, that movie looked awesome from the trailer
and maybe when this is released some Hollywood Producer will think its a good concept

magusgarkan
28-03-2007, 05:51
This has to be one of the greatest things I have seen done in a long time. I just hope they release it with subtitles

The Dude
28-03-2007, 06:03
Well as a critic you can generally tell if a film will be pants or not by the trailer...

Beg to differ. I've been sucked into some STINKERS by clever trailers. Also a couple I have skipped until video because they looked crap and regretted.

Master Bait
28-03-2007, 06:09
same - but then i learnt how to better assess a movie by its trailer ; ignore the explosions.

if there's nothing but explosions- movie's going to suck.

if there's a lack of explosions, then there's other footage there to be able to judge the movie better

Shadowheart
28-03-2007, 07:28
Just remember that you're going to download this thing for free, so all you'll spend is some time. I think for a 40K fan it's worth it just for the fact that it's been done. I mean, I'm expecting some cringe-worthy acting, but I'm still looking forward to it.

xibo
28-03-2007, 08:24
when this is released some Hollywood Producer will think its a good concept
beware! if hollywood gets to do one it will become worse than if GW would do it by itself.

Come on... have you seen the explosion of the F-16 when some alien fighters attacked area-51 for the first time in independant day? I thought they copied and pasted that from Duke Nukem 3D those days.

IIRC there were a 'hmmmm warhammer anime' thread here some weeks, a 'would you like a warhammer movie' two months or so and a 'warhammer and anime' one about a year ago, and all you guys here appeared to have the opinion the only real way to go for a warhammer movie is fanmade real movie with some CG rework... exactly like Damnatus is one...

TheKiiier
28-03-2007, 16:26
Damn! I was so charged up to see this movie long ago when I first heard about it but over the years(!?) I completely forgot about it lol. Good to hear that it'll hopefully be out soon for us to enjoy.

deth_knight
29-03-2007, 03:27
Looked good. Though would like to see english subtitles.

I would like to see a full movie, though only with English subtitles not a bad english dubbed version, because I see German as the imperial language. or is that hear :D

Light of the Emperor
29-03-2007, 04:36
I've been following the movie since the beginning. I've talked with some cast members and they seem to take their work seriously. I think it'll be great.

From what I remember, there will be english subtitles. They were even talking about dubbing it into english as well.