PDA

View Full Version : Catachan Army Viable?

matthewmw64
28-03-2007, 07:39
Based on the current ruleset (Available here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/catachan-rules/1/)
is a Catachan Army viable. Is it possible to run on a table with little or no Woods and forests? Or would I be better to go with an IG army themed around Catachans using Doctrines Etc..

glowing in the dark
28-03-2007, 09:14
If i'm not mistaken you can use catachans based on standard IG codex(not using doctrines) when you're not using jungle terrain. Or at least my friend does, and noone pests him bout it.

Biff Gunhed
28-03-2007, 09:21
You would do better to use the Imperial Guard Codex with the Catachan Doctrines. You can make virtually the same army, anyway.

loco_smoko
28-03-2007, 09:26
You could always try for the best of both worlds where you run the catachan army as per the online ruleset and go for the nicely themed army which can make for a big surprise if you happen to have a table full of woods.
And the same figures could also do a double duty in the more IG codex using catachan doctrines, for a slightly different change of pace, or if you know for darn sure the game you've organised has no woods on it :)
The idea of having a nice versatile army is the handy thing about catachans.
Mine have been used as chaos cultists, tau auxilliaries and inducted guards with my witch hunters.
Catachans are very handy in that they look nice and generic.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jerry