PDA

View Full Version : Challenge queries

LanceB
28-03-2007, 12:07
I'm unsure about a couple of basic aspects about challenges (have yet to try one!), any help much appreciated.

1 When a challenge is issued and accepted, do the remaining models on both sides continue they combat as normal and then the combat resolution is calculated taking into effect both the challenge outcome and the normal combat? Or does the challenge just take places on its own while each side looks on? (I'm pretty sure it must be the former!)

2 If an enemy character issues a challenge and you have both a hero and a champion in base contact with the challenger, are you able to say which you want to accept (I think champion would often seem best bet to save valubale wizard etc) or do you have to go with the one he wants to fight?

eldrak
28-03-2007, 13:09
1) Others keep fighting, everything counts for CR.

2) Any of your characters in base to base with any enemy model in the fight can accept the challenge.

LanceB
28-03-2007, 14:38
Great, thanks

EvC
28-03-2007, 14:49
Yes, it's always very important to remember the second point: last night an entire unit was wiped out in combat, with a Wizard remaining in the front rank and my opponent was itching to challenge him with his Black Orc Big Boss- but since the BOBB wasn't in contact with anything any ore, he couldn't issue the challenge.

druchii
28-03-2007, 17:39
I'm unsure about a couple of basic aspects about challenges (have yet to try one!), any help much appreciated.

1 When a challenge is issued and accepted, do the remaining models on both sides continue they combat as normal and then the combat resolution is calculated taking into effect both the challenge outcome and the normal combat? Or does the challenge just take places on its own while each side looks on? (I'm pretty sure it must be the former!)

2 If an enemy character issues a challenge and you have both a hero and a champion in base contact with the challenger, are you able to say which you want to accept (I think champion would often seem best bet to save valubale wizard etc) or do you have to go with the one he wants to fight?

Also note that if you refuse a challenge, your OPPONENT gets to choose which character is retired from the combat. I've seen a couple of big games won and lost on this little rule.

d

lparigi34
28-03-2007, 18:21
ummm... nice... can this be like this?:

My N.gobbo unit with a character in it charges a swordmen unit lead by a Wizard. I issue a challenge with my character, but instead of taking it with the champion, my opponent refuses it.

So, can I choose to send the champion to the back ranks and still try to kill the wizard with anyone in base contact with him?

Masque
28-03-2007, 18:30
ummm... nice... can this be like this?:

My N.gobbo unit with a character in it charges a swordmen unit lead by a Wizard. I issue a challenge with my character, but instead of taking it with the champion, my opponent refuses it.

So, can I choose to send the champion to the back ranks and still try to kill the wizard with anyone in base contact with him?

Yes, you can do exactly that.

lparigi34
28-03-2007, 18:35
This is sooooooo nice!!! Thanks a lot

Sashu
28-03-2007, 19:14
Skaven on the other hand choose the character... because they are skaven.