PDA

View Full Version : Amulet of Protectyness

Lord_Byron
28-03-2007, 17:36
This item allows you to use the armor and ward save of the model inflicting the wound upon you.

Here's the exact verbage.

'When the bearer of this amulet is wounded, he counts as having the same armour save and ward save as the model inflicting the wounds.'

This suggests that the model bearing the amulet is therefore robbed of any saves it may possess on its own. For example, a black orc on a boar wearing heavy has a save of 3+, but if wounded by say, a dwarf slayer, would the slayers lack of armor negate the save the black orc already possesses?

Vattendroppe
28-03-2007, 17:39
Rule-wise it seems so, yes. Have you checked errata/FAQ?

Lord_Byron
28-03-2007, 17:43
There's nothing on it in the U.S. site orc and goblin errata.

Vattendroppe
28-03-2007, 18:03
I can find nothing about it in the UK FAQ either (suppose they're the same, but one cannot be to sure). Due to the typo of the rule, yes, you'd loose the save.

Braad
28-03-2007, 18:15
Seems so to me yes. But then just don't give it to the black orc on boar, but to a night gobbo on foot with only light armour. I think that's what it's meant for.

TheWarSmith
28-03-2007, 18:32
hahaha, i'd love to see him nuked by a wizard(or is it only in cc?).

Yes, i'd say that's the downside of the item, but it'd be damn funny when it gets hit by a steam tank and gets a 1+.

Vattendroppe
28-03-2007, 18:55
Seems so to me yes. But then just don't give it to the black orc on boar, but to a night gobbo on foot with only light armour. I think that's what it's meant for.

I'd say it is so, yes.

DaBrode
28-03-2007, 21:38
Yeah this item is made for those with no armor in the first place. It's not misworded in my opinion. For what it does it is pointed apprpriately. Else it would grant whichever of the two models armor/ward saves is higher and to me that's a higher priced item. (not to mention it's not very O&G to not have a downside to a trinket)

monkeyboyalpha
28-03-2007, 23:50
As an O&G player myself I see it as you forgo your own armour save to have that of the enemy. Any save you might have, say you're mounted on a Boar but you have no other armour so it's a basic 5+ save, will be ignored as the Amulet will take precedence...

Good if your taking on Bret knights, not so good if your unit is taking arrow fire from a unit of HE archers... haha!

It's swings n roundabouts.

MBA

Tutore
29-03-2007, 06:04
I only use that item on armorless characters, such as night goblin big bosses or such.