PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Skull Catapult Question..

Maelx
29-03-2007, 15:56
If I do 25% casualties to a unit with a screaming skull catapult does the following happen?

1: Panic for Catapult
2: Panic for 25%

So, two tests, right?

Vattendroppe
29-03-2007, 16:27
No idea actually, it feels a bit wierd do do like that. And if there are two tests, are they both with -1 LD if it's a SSC with foe head?

vampires are cool!
29-03-2007, 16:30
Just one Panic test I believe with a -1 to the enemies LD if you are using skulls of the foe.

Maelx
29-03-2007, 16:58
Well, the rulebook says:
Any unit taking 25% shooting casualties takes a panic test

And the TK book says:
Any unit taking a wound from the SSC must take a panic test

If the rulebook somewhere else says "units only panic test once per turn" then I'd agree with Vampires there. Otherwise it's two checks!

No idea actually, it feels a bit wierd do do like that. And if there are two tests, are they both with -1 LD if it's a SSC with foe head?

with 2 tests only the first would be at -1.

kyussinchains
29-03-2007, 17:00
my interpretation of the rule is that the screaming skull catapult is different from the normal panic test rules, it does not need to cause 25% casualties, just 1 for a panic test to be taken.

therefore you only take 1 test, if you think about it, 2 screaming skull catapults could potentially cause 6 panic tests per turn!

Vattendroppe
29-03-2007, 17:02
therefore you only take 1 test, if you think about it, 2 screaming skull catapults could potentially cause 6 panic tests per turn!

That'd be 8 panic tests per turn ;)

2/unit and 2 units/SSC, 2 SSC=2*2*2=8 :p

Jonahmaul
29-03-2007, 17:37
Haven't got my rulebook on me but don't you only take one panic test per phase & at the end of the phase once all shooting/combat/magic has been resolved so you'd just take the one panic test at the end of the shooting phase regardless of whether 25% casualties had been caused? (And then possibly another one at the end of the magic phase once the liche standing next to the catapult makes it shoot again?!)

Mooglemen
29-03-2007, 17:53
I think Jonahmaul has it right. Panic checks from shooting are taken at the end of the phase once all shooting has been resolved. (But yes, you could also force one in the magic phase)
The purpose here of the Skulls of the Foe is to make that panic check easier to force and harder to pass, an excellent use of 20 points if you ask me.

explorator
29-03-2007, 23:34
Haven't got my rulebook on me but don't you only take one panic test per phase & at the end of the phase once all shooting/combat/magic has been resolved so you'd just take the one panic test at the end of the shooting phase regardless of whether 25% casualties had been caused? (And then possibly another one at the end of the magic phase once the liche standing next to the catapult makes it shoot again?!)

This is correct. BRB pg. 49

Note that you only need to take one Panic test per unit in each phase (start of the turn, movement, magic, shooting and close combat phase), even if there are multiple reasons to take panic tests.

Frankly
30-03-2007, 00:57
The unit must take a panic test if any damage is caused from the catapult, it never implies that the test has to be taken STRAIGHT away, so the opponent is free to test for panic from the catapult when all the firing is done on targeted unit.

It would be freaky to make an opponent take 8 tests per turn.

lparigi34
30-03-2007, 21:53
Only one Panic Test per phase.... BRB page 49